• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is appaently one more episode after ep. 21, for a total of 22 episodes in the season.

It will probably be more disappointing filler, but at least it's something, right?

Edited by Dan.

OK, now that i've actully seen the episode:

Worst. Episode. Ever.

I hate all that dumb Mayaka stuff that they put in the show. And this one was 100% dumb Mayaka stuff. It was sooooooo obvious who the culprit was. I just didn't like this ep at all.

The next ep is just another regular filler ep like all the rest, it seems.

Oh, and Mayaka with a slightly different haircut:

sh.jpg

I think she looks better like this; her "current" haircut has always looked dumb to me.

Edited by Dan.

I didn't mind this episode. They finally addressed something that we knew all along. It was apparent from the beginning of the season that there was something stopping Satoshi from making a move. I'm glad that this isn't the last episode and that MAL was wrong with the episode count... this episode as a finale would have been really weird.

I actually liked ep 21, sure it was a filler but it had some character development/background for a change. I liked the part when Chitanda and Ibara were in the chocolate shop, a funny reaction from Chitanda. Guess we'll see next week how they'll wrap it up (unless there's episode 23...). PV just shows Oreki on a bike so there's not much to go on.

next week??? at last... I can DL it by next week...

no OVAs??? specials???

Well, there is an OVA.. episode 11.5.. the quality is pretty shit though since it was streamed.. so you're going to have to wait for the bluray releases for a good quality of that. After the first season, they may or may not do an OVA. I don't think anything is set in stone right now... but it probably won't matter much for the plot anyways.

Well, there is an OVA.. episode 11.5.. the quality is pretty shit though since it was streamed.. so you're going to have to wait for the bluray releases for a good quality of that. After the first season, they may or may not do an OVA. I don't think anything is set in stone right now... but it probably won't matter much for the plot anyways.

I see... well, I don't mind low quality, as long as the vid is not "pixelized"...

well... thanks for answering, sorry for bothering this thread...

One episode left. Next week is the finale.

Unless there's an another ep after, everyone pretty much thought that this week's ep was the last. I'm starting to think that ANN was right and it actually has 24 episodes.

Edit: The official site has only 22 eps listed - http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/story/22/. Guess it's the last then.

Edited by killerinsidee
Unless there's an another ep after, everyone pretty much thought that this week's ep was the last one. I'm starting to think that ANN was right and it actually has 24 episodes.

Yeah, that could very well be possible haha. Guess we'll know next week.

Unless there's an another ep after, everyone pretty much thought that this week's ep was the last. I'm starting to think that ANN was right and it actually has 24 episodes.

possibly, yeah... September still has 3 weeks left, so it may still have 3 more eps left...

crap... more waiting time for me... T_T

possibly, yeah... September still has 3 weeks left, so it may still have 3 more eps left...

crap... more waiting time for me... T_T

Looks like you're safe. Killer pointed out that on the website they only have 22 episodes listed. Probably the last one.

Last episode sucked. Oreki has changed because he's actually doing something bothersome of his own free will. And the reason he did it was for Chitanda. And at the end they implied he has feelings for her. People were hoping for all these things and they actually happened, so it should why did I say it sucked? Because it was all so predictable and boring. Chitanda is pretty and Oreki gets embarrassed looking at her - it's already happened in every episode. There was nothing new in this episode. And they just crammed a mini-mystery in there because this show is supposed to be about mysteries, but it was just bad. It was obvious and stupid. I didn't especially dislike this episode or anything, but it's just disappointing because it could have been so much better.

Oh, and it was definitely the last episode. There won't be any more, unless they make an ova or something.

Last episode sucked. Oreki has changed because he's actually doing something bothersome of his own free will. And the reason he did it was for Chitanda. And at the end they implied he has feelings for her. People were hoping for all these things and they actually happened, so it should why did I say it sucked? Because it was all so predictable and boring. Chitanda is pretty and Oreki gets embarrassed looking at her - it's already happened in every episode. There was nothing new in this episode. And they just crammed a mini-mystery in there because this show is supposed to be about mysteries, but it was just bad. It was obvious and stupid. I didn't especially dislike this episode or anything, but it's just disappointing because it could have been so much better.

I disagree... I really enjoyed the ending. I liked how Oreki immediately understood why Satoshi was reluctant to accept Mayaka's feelings after his own "confession" to Eru. In the previous episode, we see that in his exchange with Satoshi that he never really understood what Satoshi was going on about despite claiming that he did. Satoshi believes that dating Mayaka will change him back to the person he once was, whereas Oreki believes that admitting he admires Chitanda will go against the motto he's lived by his entire life and shift things from grey to full-on rose-colored. He does want a rosy life...he just hasn't fully accepted that yet. This was seen through his inner monologue during the doll ceremony where he felt that he didn't belong there and even regretted coming while he walked along with the rest of the procession. Even after saying that, he couldn't help but enjoy himself and spent the whole time longingly gazing at Chitanda, hoping to catch a glimpse of her.

Regarding Chitanda, her future is already set in stone and you could see that she was being apologetic about it. I think that this shows that she is just as afraid of Oreki and Satoshi about her own feelings. She admires Oreki and doesn't want to chain him to a girl who's chained to such a boring place. Right at the end though was a very awesome moment. When the wind blew the cherry tree's leaves, just for a moment, the place became the most beautiful and the one that had the best potential. Just as Oreki imagined it a few seconds ago, it suddenly became the most perfect place there was for the two of them. I thought this was done in a very unique way instead of the whole get together in the last 2 seconds and kiss scene. Bravo to Kyoani.

Isn't that just the ova that already came out?

Yeah, that's the OVA that was streamed in shit quality. Maybe we'll get another OVA in the future.