Forums structure

well he said he would make sub-forums each game so the logical place to post them would be with the relevant game. Dont really think there is enogh demand for stuff he dont host (specially stuff like Hoshizora wich isent even translated and dont (according to vndb) have a translation project) for a separate forum. mayby you could post it under general or vn discussion?

He can always post it on gamefaq

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as though this forum is going to get quite big. Too big for one Admin/Mod to keep an eye on everything.

I don't really care who it is but more people should probably become Mods once the forums is fully up an running. What are your thoughts on that Ivan?

well he said he would make sub-forums each game so the logical place to post them would be with the relevant game. Dont really think there is enogh demand for stuff he hasent uploaded (specially stuff isent even translated and dont (according to vndb) have a translation project) for a separate forum. mayby you could post it under general or vn discussion?

No it doesn't have a translation, but i have 2 games that are not translated that i play with AGTH and Atlas, thoes programs allow you to activly translate the games as you play them but the translation is typically bad.

And as for upload walkthroughs, i only use Hoshikaka as an example. In the future we may want to have a walkthrough section for games that are on the site. Also it allow people to contribute something to the eroge comunity in the world.

It looks as though this forum is going to get quite big. Too big for one Admin/Mod to keep an eye on everything.

I don't really care who it is but more people should probably become Mods once the forums is fully up an running. What are your thoughts on that Ivan?

I don't think we should touch that topic yet, not until Ivan gets some people of trust to handle the job. Basically a mod job is not only to watch people language or behavior, there are other duties like:

- Having ridiculously high amount of patience towards new users who PM them about stuff they don't know.

- Reading every single new post making sure it doesn't contain unappropiate material or spam.

- Have a reasonable amount of free time, it's not enough to log in just 1-2 hours and leave the forum unattended for the rest of the day.

- If nesessary, edit users posts to fit the forum rules.

- Taking huge amount of angry PMs when you punish users, you explain them why, and still yell at you.

- Even if you're boiling in anger you have to answer politely to every question someone make you. Mods are the face of the forum and have to act as such. And many many more I'm forgetting.

Edited by Ryu
I don't think we should touch that topic yet, not until Ivan gets some people of trust to handle the job. Basically a mod job is not only to watch people language or behavior, there are other duties like:

- Having ridiculously high amount of patience towards new users who PM them about stuff they don't know

- Reading every single new post making sure it doesn't contain unappropiate material or spam.

- Have a reasonable amount of free time, it's not enough to log in just 1-2 hours and leave the forum unattended for the rest of the day.

Im not sure how it will be with my patience, everyone has limits ;D as for time i will be on pc most of the time for the next few months.

I play LoL , im used to explaining things to people while they yell at everyone.

Edited by Daeverius

Don't Forget to add in a introductions Sections so we all kinda know who is who.

For now i recomend not post anything as a threade in regards to introducing yourself as that would take a lot os space and probably be a waste of time at this point.

Don't Forget to add in a introductions Sections so we all kinda know who is who.

For now i recomend not post anything as a threade in regards to introducing yourself as that would take a lot os space and probably be a waste of time at this point.

Isnt itroduction section waste of space? Usually introduction arent affective at large forums. Also you can look for personal info on ones profile.

Introductions... I doubt anybody really reads through those. The only time I'd say an introduction was neccesary is for a gaming clan site, which this is not.

I don't really get involved in these kind of discussions, so I don't really mind what's put in, if I don't like it it's my own damn fault.

Isnt itroduction section waste of space? Usually introduction arent affective at large forums. Also you can look for personal info on ones profile.

Yes that is all true.

But I don't put information in my profile other than age and location. Thats what the Introduction Section is for.

Yes that is all true.

But I don't put information in my profile other than age and location. Thats what the Introduction Section is for.

Well its probably just me, i dont share my personal data so casually. Bit paranoid but works fine for me.

Going back to topic, in my moment of boredom, I came up with this, what do you think guys?

General Site Section

• Announcements & News: Announcements, news, updates, and any other information related to the site will be posted here.
  • Introductions: Introduce yourself here and welcome new members.
  • Forum Rules & Guidelines: Should be read first before any activity.
  • Site Support: Questions? Feedbacks? Suggestions? Bug reports? Pick your poison.

Social Section

• General Discussions & Debates: Forum for all kinds of things which people can talk.
  • Anime Lobby: Talk about your favorite series, discuss and enjoy with other otakus.
  • Manga Lobby: Share your favorite series and authors. Talk about on-going/finished series.
  • Spam Section: Post here all the garbage that comes to your head, no one will care.
  • Forum Games: Can't be abscent in any forum, play fun games with other users.

Ero Section

• Eroge Discussion: Talk about your favorite eroges, visual novels, hentai simulators ect.
  • Eroge Downloads: Post your uploaded links and share your games with the community.
    -----------------Sub-Forum: Direct download links.
    -----------------Sub-Forum: Torrent Links.
  • Walkthoughs: Stuck in some game? Want to share your own walktrough? This is your section.
  • Support Section: Don't know how to run a game or having problems with it? Ask and we will help you.

Trash Can: For threads with dead links, unappropiate content ect.

Staff Hideout (Hidden forum): For the staff to talk about the site in general, what could be improved, to punish other staff members, ect.

NOTE: Instead of creating hundreds of sub-forums for each game you can create a "Master List" in the disscussion part and link the master list with the 200s game threads. Like this:

Eroge Discussion:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First topic (Sticky): The Eroge Master List (All games linked to their respective threads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Game 1 Discussion

- Game 2 Discussion

- Game 3 Discussion

- Game 4 Discussion

- Game 5 Discussion

- Game 6 Discussion

- Game 7 Discussion

- Game 8 Discussion

- Game 9 Discussion

- Game 10 Discussion

- Ect.

That way, if someone wants to say something about some game, he will just have to:

- Enter in Master List

- Ctrl + F to look for the desired game

What do you think? :D

NOTE 2: Or even better, mix the download section and discussion posting the game info + links and the discussion below, even more organized that way. Like:

- Game cover

- Short description

- Screenshots

- Links

Disscussion below.

Easily accesable through the master list topic.

Edited by Ryu

Whoa looks good. I prefer NOTE1 rather than 2, but either would work.

We'd also need a place where we can put extracted stuff like OSTs/BGMs, images, etc.

Walkthroughs are usually easy to find on gamefaqs, ign, but it'll be helpful for those without them. I think Miss Leet in Prison didn't have a walkthrough, and I managed to find an ending which most other people hadn't - I think you had to get the other endings first.

Going back to topic, in my moment of boredom, I came up with this, what do you think guys?

General Site Section

• Announcements & News: Announcements, news, updates, and any other information related to the site will be posted here.
  • Introductions: Introduce yourself here and welcome new members.
  • Forum Rules & Guidelines: Should be read first before any activity.
  • Site Support: Questions? Feedbacks? Suggestions? Bug reports? Pick your poison.

Social Section

• General Discussions & Debates: Forum for all kinds of things which people can talk.
  • Anime Lobby: Talk about your favorite series, discuss and enjoy with other otakus.
  • Manga Lobby: Share your favorite series and authors. Talk about on-going/finished series.
  • Spam Section: Post here all the garbage that comes to your head, no one will care.
  • Forum Games: Can't be abscent in any forum, play fun games with other users.

Ero Section

• Eroge Discussion: Talk about your favorite eroges, visual novels, hentai simulators ect.
  • Eroge Downloads: Post your uploaded links and share your games with the community.
    -----------------Sub-Forum: Direct download links.
    -----------------Sub-Forum: Torrent Links.
  • Walkthoughs: Stuck in some game? Want to share your own walktrough? This is your section.
  • Support Section: Don't know how to run a game or having problems with it? Ask and we will help you.

Trash Can: For threads with dead links, unappropiate content ect.

Staff Hideout (Hidden forum): For the staff to talk about the site in general, what could be improved, to punish other staff members, ect.

NOTE: Instead of creating hundreds of sub-forums for each game you can create a "Master List" in the disscussion part and link the master list with the 200s game threads. Like this:

Eroge Discussion:

First topic (Sticky): The Eroge Master List (All games linked to their respective threads.

- Game 1 Discussion

- Game 2 Discussion

- Game 3 Discussion

- Game 4 Discussion

- Game 5 Discussion

- Game 6 Discussion

- Game 7 Discussion

- Game 8 Discussion

- Game 9 Discussion

- Game 10 Discussion

- Ect.

That way, if someone wants to say something about some game, he will just have to:

- Enter in Master List

- Ctrl + F to look for the desired game

What do you think? :D

NOTE 2: Or even better, mix the download section and discussion posting the game info + links and the discussion below, even more organized that way. Like:

- Game cover

- Short description

- Screenshots

- Links

Disscussion below.

Easily accesable through the master list topic.

If you go back go back a few pages you will see why we choose sub-forums over single topics for the games (in short it would be pointless since it would be just like the comments, the point of having it in the forum is to be able to organize the discussion for each game into multiple topics). I would also like a feedback/sugestions forum as mentioned on the previus page. I don know if the rules and Introductions need a forum each (at least not the rules) wouldn't a sticky be enough? Also the eroge discussion should either be re-named Visual Novel dscussion since not all VNs are erotic games (wich is what eroge stands for) or a separate forum should be made for non-ero VNs.

Other then that i see no obviuss problems :)

Edit: by the way isent note 2 basically exactly what http://erogedownload.com/downloads/ is now, list with links to pic, description, download links and comments ? :S (well no screenshots i guess)

Edited by logros

Yeah chatango would work. We'd probably need some mods for it but that's easy.

ARGH stop posting while I'm replying :(

Sub-forums for general games are OK, but I'd prefer a topic for each game so if you want to see what that game is like, get help for any problems, see what other people think of it, etc, it's much easier than wading through posts that could be about any eroge.

Edited by Avenger

Greating everyone, I would like to contribute something but since English isn't my native so I will try to explain it the best I can.

About the sub-forum for each game.

I thinks the idea is ok and workable.

But as I have seen some previous posts mention about problems of "the number of games that will constanly grow" and "not interesting/low content to dissuss"

yet the idaa of having all the game being sub-forumed is still essential otherwhile it might turn into free-for-all and mass up the forum

so I suggest that in the front page we show only the most recent activity of 5 or more game's subforums in this way if some unusaul game does have a new activity everyone can see and respond to them.

And of cource with one sticky topic to act as a game's sub-forum directory.

So it might be like this

-Games Directory-

-subforum1 (most recent activity) by whom, time, topic, etc

-subforum2 (second most recent)

-subforum3

-subforum4

-subforum5

I dont actually knew if it possible or not to have the entire sub-forum move up and down like a topic, if some activity turn up. Since I have no exprience with organizing a webforum, Still I like to express the idea in case it may be of help to the future forum.

Yeah chatango would work. We'd probably need some mods for it but that's easy.

Idea of ShoutBox was mentioned earlier - either of them will do the trick. Iam more accustomed to SB; it may be clearer and easier to use than chatango.