Any recommandations for a freshman ?

Hi guys !

Well, I'm pretty new to the eroge/VN style, I'd also just discovered the forum and I was really stunned of how you guys are nice and helpful :D

Anyway, I'd like some help to find some eroge/VN that will correspond to my interests :confused:

I don't have much experience, I've only played to School days, True love and EVE: burst error... Whatever, I'd be really grateful if someone recommended me some titles set in a high school environment, something somehow similar to what the Persona series does (but without the RPG-combat phases).

Well, I think that's all :p

Thank you in advance :cool:

I'd also just discovered the forum and I was really stunned of how you guys are nice and helpful

Welcome to the forum.

9901-aint-desi-onemanarmy-cute-couple.jpg

I'd be really grateful if someone recommended me some titles set in a high school environment

Sounds like Da Capo II would be your kind of game. Although I'm not really the right person to give any recommendations because usually I dislike visual novels with a school setting but feel free to look through my vndb list.

Edited by OneManArmy

Edelweiss and its sequel Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia both have high school environment, and they are pretty good for beginners as well. Ever17 is another VN that is said to be good for beginners, but it doesn't have anything to do with school. I suggest that you read it at some point because the story is simply AMAZING.

lets see, for normal school setting

Download english hentai games - Brass Restoration

Download english hentai games - Crescendo

Download english hentai games - Casual Romance Club

Download english hentai games - Chaos;Head

Download english hentai games - Corpse Party

Download english hentai games - Corpse Party Book of Shadows

Download english hentai games - Cosplay Fetish Academy

Download english hentai games - Cross Channel

Download english hentai games - Da Capo

Download english hentai games - Da Capo 2

kotori

Download english hentai games - Deathtopia

Download english hentai games - Doushin Same Heart

Download english hentai games - Edelweiss

Download english hentai games - Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia

Download english hentai games - ef – the first tale

Download english hentai games - ef – the latter tale

Download english hentai games - Figures of Happiness

https://erogegames.com/graduation-427/

Download english hentai games - Grisaia no Kajitsu - Le Fruit de la Grisaia

Download english hentai games - Heart De Roommate

Download english hentai games - Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-Download english hentai games - Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru

Download english hentai games - Kira Kira

Download english hentai games - Kira Kira Curtain Call

Download english hentai games - Little Busters!

Download english hentai games - Moe Cure Net

Download english hentai games - Never7 -the end of infinity-

tsundere-chan

Download english hentai games - Quartett!

Download english hentai games - Rewrite

Download english hentai games - Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo

Download english hentai games - Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo

Download english hentai games - Shera, My Witch

Download english hentai games - Shuffle!

Download english hentai games - Slave Pageant

Download english hentai games - Snow Drop

Download english hentai games - Snow Sakura

Download english hentai games - The Sagara Family

Download english hentai games - Throb! The Greatest Inventions of the Sexy Era!

Download english hentai games - Transfer Student

Download english hentai games - Toradora! Portable

Download english hentai games - We Love Master!

Download english hentai games - Which girl should I choose?

Download english hentai games - Wind -A Breath of Heart-

Download english hentai games - X-Change

Download english hentai games - X-Change 2

Download english hentai games - X-Change 3

Download english hentai games - Yin-Yang – X-Change Alternative

yandere

Download english hentai games - Yume Miru Kusuri

one of the best

my personal favorite

tomoko

tomoyo

who else? TOMOYO

mayucchi

meiya

christina

for hardcore readers ( depends what type of hardcore you're thinking about)

Download english hentai games - Bible Black

Download english hentai games - Bible Black 2: The Infection

Download english hentai games - Discipline: The Record of a Crusade

Download english hentai games - Gang Rape Club

Download english hentai games - Gibo: Stepmother’s Sin

Download english hentai games - Virgin Roster

Download english hentai games - Sensei 2

rpg

Download english hentai games - Daibanchou - Big Bang Age

Download english hentai games - Princess Waltz

Download english hentai games - Yumina the Ethereal

Some doesn't mean >50 titles ulti.

i know just throw him all i can remember an let him choose

but really now 50 title?

... No mention of Clannad? I mean you spend A LOT of time at (high) school in that VN. It definitely fits the category.

Admittedly though it might be best to just wait for the re-translation at this point tbh.

i did mentioned clannad... i mean TOMOYO

and also kanon, tsukihime, if my heart had wing and koihime musou series. :D

-edit- oh wait, my bad, koihime series don't have school. the mc used to be student tho....

Edited by Ivs
lets see, for normal school setting

Corpse Party

Corpse Party.

Normal.

Corpse Party.

:o

Anyway, that's a tremendous list, if way, way too long.

Welcome, newbie! I only post in here once in a while, but I hang around this site a lot, and you've chosen wisely. This is a great community, and I suspect you'll enjoy it.

My current obsession fits right up your alley: Princess Evangile. Do yourself a huge favor and read it. There are very few choices that matter in the story; basically, it's closer to what you might call a kinetic novel than anything else. Just choose one girl every time, and you'll get a great, in-depth story.

Ultimecea also mentioned my favorite VN of all time, Princess Waltz. I honestly don't know why I love this so much, but it really struck a chord with me. It's not as strongly tied to the school setting after the first little while, but the characters are very bold and distinct, the aesthetic is great, and if you like a little (very little) gameplay to earn your happy ending, there's a simple card game involved.

The third game I'd highlight, also off ulti's list, is Grisaia no Kaijitsu. It's the first game in a trilogy, all of which have been picked up by Sekai Project to be translated into English. I tore through this game like it was my job, because again, the characters really sucked me in. I'm a sucker for a protagonist who vacillates between hypercompetent and socially inept, apparently (both Kazami Yuuji from this game and Okonogi Masaya from Princess Evangile fit this demographic), the girls all have great interactions, and they managed to play out a few tropes that usually annoy the hell out of me in a way that went over quite well, so I can't help but consider this some of the deftest writing I've seen.

One last one that you may or may not have interest in comes from the bunghole of the internet, oddly enough. For all that 4chan has a horrible reputation, they managed to put together a rather touching story (with, in typical 4chan fashion, a horribly offensive name) in Katawa Shoujo. The main thing that differentiates this game from the average entry on this list is that all of the characters have some form of physical disability; the protagonist has Unspecified Heart Disorder (I think it was originally intended to be something specific, but they kind of sublimated that), and the five girls are blind, deaf, legless, armless, and severely burned, respectively. I went into this game with severe reservations, given the involvement of /b/, but much to my surprise, the subject matter was treated with a very high level of respect, the characters weren't defined by their impairments as I had feared, and there were some really touching stories involved. I would recommend this if it seems like something you'd like, but if you end up uncomfortable with it, no harm and no foul to set it aside, IMO.

I'd recommend Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia here as well, but those two games have a very tenuous connection to school, even more tenuous than in Princess Waltz, IMO. I'd say to read them if you're looking to expand your horizons beyond high school slice of life VNs, but if you have a set thing that works for you and want to stick with that, more power to you.

If you find yourself looking for more suggestions, or want to explore games with some different themes, come on by again! Heaven knows we have more than our fair share of suggestions.

Thank you so much OneManArmy, ultimecea, lvs, dilbert (and all the others), you guys here on the forum are even more helpful than what I expected ;)

You gave me really precious advice !!

Therefore I tried Da Capo (thanks to oneman army :p ) which was pretty nice, now I think that I'll go for Chaos;Head (if I eventually manage to get work !!) otherwise I'll try Princess Waltz (it can't be bad if it's Dilbert favorite :p )

Anyway, thank you again guys ! you've been most helpful :o

Thank you so much OneManArmy, ultimecea, lvs, dilbert (and all the others), you guys here on the forum are even more helpful than what I expected ;)

You gave me really precious advice !!

Therefore I tried Da Capo (thanks to oneman army :p ) which was pretty nice, now I think that I'll go for Chaos;Head (if I eventually manage to get work !!) otherwise I'll try Princess Waltz (it can't be bad if it's Dilbert favorite :p )

Anyway, thank you again guys ! you've been most helpful :o

da capo is a relaxing decent read compare to other great vn

but did you read kotori last?

if you love here there's kotori love exp which all bout kotori after XD

and bout chaos head, its supposed to be working

i got the same files here

with the panty patch