mangagamer vs jast usa  

33 members have voted

1. 1. mangagamer vs jast usa

• jast usa
    • mangagamer

so who do like more jast usa or mangagamer for me it's a easy decision mangagamer hands down why? because mangagamer actually translates eroge unlike jast usa that just makes partnerships with fan translators and uses their patch. i think its a good idea you know the fan translators get some money for their work but the problem is well for some unknown reason it takes jast usa MONTHS and months to release a eroge when all the work has already been done by the fan translators. I mean it takes mangagamer about 3-4 months to translate a game and release it while jast usa only has to release it they don't have to translate it which takes the longest amount of time. I understand that it takes a while the negotiations between jast usa and a eroge company but it should not take 5 months. I also understand they have to do a bit of editing but that also doesn't take 5 months. but I'm fine with jast usa taking so long seeing as i have already probably played the fan translated patch it's just that i would like to see jast usa actually working to get their share of the profits. I mean the fan translators have done 70-80% of the work while jast only has to do 20-30% and they do that 20-30% of work so SLOW. As for mangagamer i love them they are super fast and always at work as soon as they have released a eroge they start a new one. so what do you think jast usa or mangagamer who do prefer

Edited by erogeking

First of all, do you know periods? It's a serious pain for the eyes to read your text.

As for the topic, I don't prefer one of them. At the beginning the mangagamer translations were horrible though; let's remember edelweiss.

But now they are decent-good and so I don't have any problems with mg. Jast? Sure they just buying nearly finished fan translations

but where's the problem? Like you said, the groups would translate the games anyway and so they get some money for their work. All in all

both, jast and mg, do something for making visual novels more common and that's always a good thing.

Edit : Thx for using periods.

Edited by OneManArmy

Both of them have pro and contra. JAST usually have a good title lineup but as you said, they didn't actually translate stuffs themselves. Mangagamer is fast but I think many of their games is nukige (apart from some really good ones). I'm fine with both of them as long as they provide me with decent reading material. :D

Meh, I don't like either of them. Although I am excited that Cleavage is hopefully getting translated. It seems like Jast has a better backlog of games, so I'll just go with them. Probably won't buy from them any time soon though. Also I'm a little confused about how Jast seems to think they can snatch up Saya no Uta after a fan patch has been out for 2 years. Good luck actually getting money off it.

Guest AbjectAtoll

I'm going with JAST just because they release more hard copies than mangagamer. I have a hard time justifying purchasing digital releases. I like having a box and stuff.

Also, their shipping doesn't break my wallet.

I think Mangagamer have a better Loli arsenal:rolleyes: and i like their selection.

Jast have more hard copies and better shipping.

I think both complement each other.

Yep, MG seem not to afraid of to sell game with loli contents

Jast is more concern about this issue propably due to the fact that they based in the US.

I can' decide.

They're both good, but MG don't use fan translations and Jast has more hard copies, so hard to say.

I'm happy, that they exist, so that we can enjoy english eroges :D

Con for JAST is that even if they have the 100% translation done by the fans, they still take a hell of a lot time to release the games, just look at "My Girlfriend is the president", they already had all the translation done but they still took 1/2 years to release it, bad JAST, very BAD!!!

Con for JAST is that even if they have the 100% translation done by the fans, they still take a hell of a lot time to release the games, just look at "My Girlfriend is the president", they already had all the translation done but they still took 1/2 years to release it, bad JAST, very BAD!!!

This is why i hate JAST. Where is the official CHaos Head & Stein's Gate translation's JAST? Where are they? You promised them us years ago! Bunch of hypocrites.

Mangagamer ftw

Edited by Caelistas
  • 1 year later...