What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished School Days and IMO it was terrible. But on a lighter note, the one I finished before that was Sharin no kuni and must say good novel. I think I'm a akebisoft2 fan.

It's good isn't it? Sharin, that is. I'm playing it right now myself, on chapter 4. It feels similar to G-senjou in a lot of ways. Evil characters with superhuman intellect, dark moments full of despair and sadness, an intelligent main character with a messed up childhood, the fragility of the human mind and body being exposed.

It's great writing, truly. There's a lot of great moments in it, and I care the absolute most about those memorable moments.

Just finished up Quartett! Excellent presentation with a good atmosphere. I really liked the unique way that they presented the story. The VN also has a really good soundtrack, as expected of a VN that is centered around music. Outside of the presentation and music, there really isn't too much to talk about. Stories were okay for the most part.... they ranged from decent to wtf am i reading... all the routes are pretty short, so there really isn't much time to develop characters.... things just happen way too quickly. Probably a 7/10 for me.

Edited by desi

Hoshimemo was the last one for me. I scored it lower than most, as I lost a lot of interest by the end of the common route. *** route was more entertaining than the others but it still wasn't quite what I hoped for.

I actually thought I was going to enjoy it more than I did. Only one route had any kind of real satisfaction, and it was only mild at best.

I finished Miss Leet in Prison, so in my opinion the game is disgusting and I don't quite remember why I wanted to play it when I knew it was gonna be disgusting and just overall shitty....rape,drugs,more rape,more drugs that was the game. 2/10 would of giving it 1/10 but the game had one moment that was actually pretty sad

Just finished One ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~, one of the pre-Key VNs. It was decent for the most part. The majority of the routes have rushed endings and forced drama. The supernatural aspect of the VN was pretty unique. Key definitely improved their writing with future VNs and you can tell that One was used as an influence to both Kanon and Clannad. This was more sort of a "test" VN for their future works. Anyways, I thought Akane had a pretty good route and the supernatural elements that were in this VN really fit in with her route, moreso than the other routes. On the other side, Mayu probably had the worst non-nukige route I have ever read.

Check it out: If you're interested in pre-key works and how they got some of their influences or if you're interested in some routes with disabilities (there is a mute girl route and a blind girl route)

Don't check it out: If you hate rushed endings and forced drama (this isn't true with all routes, but most) or if you dislike older VNs.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharin no Kuni. Only one route so far and I haven't touched the fandisc yet either, but whatever.

So, you know... I think this one was even better for me than G-senjou, even though G-senjou was still great. The situation presented in the game was very interesting for sure. An alternate reality with an alternate way of handling "criminals". It was uncomfortable at times, just like G-senjou. Depressing almost. Neither of these VNs are afraid of going abit dark.

Visuals? Great. Can't say more than that.

Sound? Perfect music that sets the mood the way it's supposed to be. The voice actors did a nice job too.

Characters? Kenichi is definately my favourite main character so far, VN-wise. Let me tell you, that Kenichi... He really weirded me out at first, completely. But he's amazing once you get used to him and learn more about his story. Also, one has to mention that thing called Houzuki. He's something else. Superhuman, and yet he's clearly not. Intimidating, dangerous and also an enigma. The other characters are all sweet and funny with good backstories.

Plot? Best part of course. Thrilling and emotional, depressing and heroic, peaceful and destructive, funny and weird. The backstory of the main character was phenomenal, it really kept me interested. All the moments with Natsumi were nice, for me atleast, which is why I liked the 4th and 5th chapters alot in particular.

As a sidenote, I didn't know what the heck was going on at first in the VN. Everything was so weird. The characters acted weirdly, especially Kenichi. I didn't know how I was supposed to react to all of it. Was Kenichi breaking the fourth wall, or was he not? Was Uzuki actually insane? Fairies? What are you talking about? etc. Of course all of this makes sense eventually. It just starts out weird as hell, that's all.

Other than that, how much more can you say really? It's a must-read for anyone who loves VNs and who hasn't read it already. It's REALLY friggin' good. Keeps you hooked until the end. I know that many others here love it and they do so for very good reasons. Now, I'm gonna finish it up completely myself, fandisc included.

Edited by Harlequin

Pretty much agreed with everything you said. Not much left to say. Fandisc with Houzuki's backstory is definitely a must play. Also, since you finished one route of Sharin no Kuni, the other routes won't take that long since the only thing that is different are a few different dialogues, h-scenes, and the epilogue.

A couple of days ago I finished kamidori the last route but i dont have al the gallery so ill keep playing it XD, it´s rlly good but rlly long, I have wasted more than 100 hours.

Kamidori, great game, at least when we're talking about the gameplay. The characters and the story were just...awesome gameplay man. I stopped kamidori while playing it for the second time, dunno why, but I was probably bored by it. And most heroines had big boobs anyway, sigh.

Pretty much agreed with everything you said. Not much left to say. Fandisc with Houzuki's backstory is definitely a must play. Also, since you finished one route of Sharin no Kuni, the other routes won't take that long since the only thing that is different are a few different dialogues, h-scenes, and the epilogue.

Wait what? Backstory? Is that what it is? I knew it would have something about Houzuki in it because it was mentioned in some other thread... Wait, maybe it's this thread actually. Probably is. Anyway, didn't know it was a backstory until now. Should be interesting no doubt. Well, in any case, once again the sadness of completing a good piece of writing is here! I genuinely feel sorry for those around here who have "run out" of the good stuff. I still have many things to read myself. Now, thankfully, new VNs are being translated. Good ones too I think? So I guess it's not all that bad.

Kamidori, great game, at least when we're talking about the gameplay. The characters and the story were just...awesome gameplay man. I stopped kamidori while playing it for the second time, dunno why, but I was probably bored by it. And most heroines had big boobs anyway, sigh.

Haha yes, it's got some quite addicting gameplay. High quality stuff really, except the story of course which you implied aswell. Oh and, somehow, I've spent 144 hours on it without finishing the game even once. Yea, I don't get it either... at all. 144 hours and not even one route completed? Really? What?...