What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

For me, the vn gave a fresh perspective on human perception

Saya was a really good read. The vn proves that all is not what it seems. Simply- the relationship between saya, a grotesque alien trying to find meaning in her life and fuminori(hope i spelled that right) a human who went insane and only sees saya as a human and everyone else grotesque. What do you feel when saya dies in the hand of the human doctor and his subordinate? Do you want saya to give birth and mutate the human race? The choices are heavy, both sides having a different perspective. The characters are just perfect for the situation.

Yes, totally agree with you there. It's a really interesting situation overall. You get so many mixed emotions while reading it, especially near the end of course.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustmania Grotesque ~Kaitai Sounyuu Shinsho~.

http://i.imgur.com/V9rlt.gif

... ... ... ... ... ... What just happened? I think I just lost my mind there for a moment. That has to be it. But really, what the heck just happened? My mind is all dizzy and weird, and my stomach aches. This has never happened before, honestly. Disgusting things just doesn't affect me like that, ever. Usually I just end up laughing about it, because it's ridiculous.

But I didn't do that with this VN. No, I sat and read in disbelief with a half open mouth and furrowed brows. I gotta give it props for that. This is some weird, disgusting stuff alright. Complete insanity. There is no room for reason here, no sir. Throw that reasoning of yours outside the window and delight in the utter madness.

There's no need to adress specifics here. The VN is just too short in general to write much about. However, the characters are worth mentioning something about I guess:

Ako deserves some credit for being funny in all this insanity, aswell as Kanae to a certain degree. The two of them are actually pretty cool. Oh and let's not forget that peculiarity that "connects" them, yes... No comment.

The mad doctor is, well, crazy and disgusting - that's pretty much all there is to him. He has some sort of backstory, but it's not something you'd care about even though it's relevant. I forgot the name of his new toy, so there's no need to even mention her, though she's supposedly the protagonist.

And that's it. Is is worth reading? It is if you want to see something disgusting and weird for 1-2 hours. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Thought it was impossible to write about this? Hah, no way, but there's really not that much to say about it though. It's a guro-filled little VN.

http://i.imgur.com/Wx8Wv.png

F-i-n-i-s-h-e-d *Sob* Kotori route*sob*.Manly tears were shed (T_T)

http://i.artfile.ru/s/524876_300611_14_ArtFile_ru.jpg

KEY,why do u do that ? That is so cruel . I can't stand to watch it anymore.Never thought that my favorite heroine has to suffer that much.Good thing it finished before I start to cry.(T_T)

My impression is k-o-t-o-r-i~~ko-to-ri~~kotori~~AHHHH,I want to scream out her name nowwww .My heart is not that strong,I can't stand to watch her suffering.(T_T)Oh,no~~wanted to cry now .Let change the subject.

Kotori route is like a prologue of rewrite.You should play it first before playing other routes.

Her route is a emotional-roller coaster,on par with clannad in that aspect.*Sob*

From a nakige or drama perspective,her route is amazing.(Kotori > Chihaya in that regard )

And second time KEY hint u that u should buy their fan-disc.(I want it immediately)

[spoiler=Does kotori get a happy ending ?]Yes,maybe(because they don't explain it.That is why fan-disc is needed.That don't mean that kotori route is a happy-one.Like clannad,sadness overwhelms your heart

Rewrite now successfully throw muv-luv alternative from the throne and gets the first position.(Well,that is a personal opinion so I don't accept argument)How can I not like rewrite after finding out that fate of kotori,my beloved one.(LB seems stupid now,also a personal preference)

Need time to heal the scar from kotori route,after that onto Akane route :)

EDIT:I may sound a little over-emotional but that's not my fault.Kotori is my favorite VN girl so I get more emotional about her.Just play and see it yourself.

Edited by phantasm

Completed Hanachirasu | Eroge Download

One of the best vn i have read in a while(still pending kamidori,eien no aselia, and a few). Short and epic(like the dialogue below).

Indeed i am a sinner, and yours is the hammer of justice. If i cared about the rightness of my actions, then i might have considered your position, even submitted myself to your fair judgement. Too bad for you that i do not.

Perhaps a better man would argue that he must keep fighting to honor the memory of those he has killed, so that their deaths will not be in vain- but i haven't even a glance to spare for the corpses piled beneath my feet

I'll tell you what has me so amused.

Your shouting at a falling meteor to GET OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE IT HURTS ITSELF.

the story is based in tokyo, which is now a walled city, where guns are banned and every conflict results in the use of swords/staves. So..if your looking for some epic sword vs sword fighting this is best for you. There is quite a bit of blood in this vn. The main character is a badass. There is also a character that psycho analyses the main character ^_^

i highly recommend this vn

The reader should be into sword fighting though, otherwise he/she will be fall asleep when reading those long explanation parts.

yea, i don't really understand most of the explanations on sword techniques or w/e...but it was really interesting nonetheless. The explanations may not be appreciated, but the rest of the vn is too good

One of the best vn i have read in a while(still pending kamidori,eien no aselia, and a few).

i highly recommend this vn

+1 on that, its a shame it turn out to be all ages on english version (eien no aselia), the storyline are good so far i've done 2 out of 7 heroine plot, it consume about 25 hour timeplay for each (aselia and esperia) expected to finish this one at least in 2 or 3 weeks, btw if there is a link for jap version with english please share it :)

i dunno about kamidori still yet but eventually i'll read that too

A Profile. There are no spoilers here.

Not gonna write too much about this. To sum it up early: It's a weaker akabeisoft title. It does not hold up to the reading experience you get with Sharin no Kuni or G-senjou no Maou. I heard from others before that it wouldn't, and it turned out to be true in the end. I did not feel addicted to the story. I did not feel like I wanted to keep reading and reading, which is something that other better titles does manage to do.

That said, you can tell early on that it's a serious VN with characters having some serious problems. Which is exactly what you'd expect from an akabeisoft title. So in that way it didn't really fail. It just wasn't as entertaining or memorable as Sharin/G-senjou. But it's a fairly good serious romance drama VN that can be worth the time. I had no expectations whatsoever coming into A Profile, but it was worth a read I think.

Visuals/Art - It's more or less the same as Sharin/G-senjou. Yes, I am and will be comparing it to those two titles. That's only natural, because they're pretty much of the same breed. Anyway, the sprite art is good enough. The CG art is pretty impressive - like Sharin/G-senjou, it did a great job conveying emotional and serious scenes. Also, the opening movie that plays at certain early points in the VN is pretty damn good. I liked it alot anyway.

Now, this might not be "visuals" related, but I still want to mention the opening scene that plays out right when you press the start button. It was beautiful. It felt meaningful and almost uplifting when you're just starting the VN. Well done there.

Sound/VA/Music - Great music, actually. Kinda like Sharin/G-senjou again. For some reason, the menu music really stuck with me... not sure why though. There are funny songs, serious songs, ominous songs, beautiful songs. Akabeisoft knows the deal when it comes to soundtracks. They done did it good here (yes that was intentional).

As for voice acting, it's acceptable. Nothing too memorable, but it was good enough for me.

Characters - There are a few interesting ones in there, but all in all, not that good. For me, Miku was the most interesting of the bunch though and as such her route ended up being the best one aswell. Suffice it to say, the characters in this VN have some serious personal issues and that is what makes the story pretty much.

Plot/Story - Not much to say about this. It's not all that exciting, because if it was, I'd be glued to the screen. There are some good moments spread out here and there, but not enough. It's simply not as interesting as Sharin/G-senjou. But hey, it works, it's good and intriguing enough in the end.

So how good is A Profile? Good. Is it worth a read? Yes. But, it's not going to stay in my memory for long most likely.

Edited by Harlequin

Pretty much agree with your review. It's a fairly good read as a standalone, but comparing it to Sharin no Kuni and/or G-senjou will make this a MUCH inferior title. I also agree that I ended up liking Miku's route the most. One of the things I really liked about this VN is the emphasis on the Johari window... you definitely see a huge emphasis on personality awareness in this VN. Also, that opening was nice. I like how it came after a fairy "serious" moment and it cut right into the opening.. I think that's how it worked for the 3 routes if I'm not mistaken.

One of the things I really liked about this VN is the emphasis on the Johari window... you definitely see a huge emphasis on personality awareness in this VN.

Yea, that Johari window is what made the story pretty much. It's a quite nice and interesting overall theme actually. Especially so on Miku's route.

And I totally hated Miou, but Rizu wasn't much better.

Agreed, in the end it came down to Miku's route being worth the time in A Profile, for the most part atleast. It was enjoyable.

Harlequin pretty much summed up nicely how I felt about F/SN, so I won't go too in depth.

Just finished F/SN up yesterday. It's definitely one of the more intriguing VNs out there filled with unexpected twists and stories that span across the 3 routes. One of the great things about F/SN is that there is always something new to learn in every route. After day 3, they pretty much branch off in different directions and are sort of "what-if" routes. Just going to mention briefly about the routes that most people already probably know:

Routes

The Fate route starts off with your basic introduction about Masters and Servants and does a fairly good job setting up the story. The theme is "oneself as an ideal" and tells the full story of Saber and what she exactly is after by partaking in the war.

The UBW route is the second route and focuses on Archer and Rin. The theme of this route is appropriately stated as "struggling with oneself as an ideal." Most of the mysteries left unanswered in the Fate scenario are revealed and things start to go very "wrong" in this route. The reveals in UBW makes you re-think everything you knew about the previous story.

The HF route is the third and last route with the theme of "the friction with real and ideal." This is both the conclusion act and Sakura's route. The increasing development of Emiya Shirou's character reaches its final act in this route. If you thought things went wrong in UBW, this route expands upon that and gives you a whole different side to what the VN is composed of. I would say for many, this is the real story that F/SN tries to tell and delivers a fairly satisfying closure(although not perfect) to the journey that is presented.

As for personal taste, I mostly enjoyed all the routes. It's tough for me to put a ranking to it, but HF and UBW are probably at the same level for me. HF is MUCH darker than the other routes and people that love that kind of atmosphere will probably end up liking HF the most. Twists wise, UBW is on top for me. Although HF has more twists, the huge UBW twist that was presented really overshadowed the surprises that HF presented. Fate serves more as an introduction, so it's no surprise why people would consider it the weakest route.

Sounds/Music/Artwork

Wow, this may be the most underrated part of the VN. The sounds create a brilliant atmosphere and are top-notch quality. The music was excellent as well. If you hear the song "Emiya", you know shit is going down in whatever route you are in. It's probably my favorite song in this VN. The artwork was very nice as well. Each character is well-drawn and they have a nice differentiation of facial expressions for specific moods. Voice acting is also top-notch. I couldn't imagine playing this without the latest Realta Nua patch applied.. with the voices and Improved CGs, make sure you have the latest one applied.

Characters

The characters presented are probably the strongest part of this VN for me. Yes, Shirou is annoying as hell and the most Donkan protag ever, but he really fits in this VN. It wouldn't be nearly as exciting with a badass protag like Kenichi. Some may find Shirou's pacifist ideals a bit... annoying. I know some people that couldn't stand the protag and ended up dropping the VN just because of Shirou... I wouldn't recommend that. He gets pretty good development in the later routes, especially in the HF route. My three favorite characters are probably Archer, Ilya, and Kotomine. Archer just because hes GAR, Ilya because of various reasons and it has nothing to do with the fact that she's a loli, and Kotomine because he's just a very complex and well-written character. Anytime he showed up, he stole the spotlight. He's one very interesting character, that's for sure.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/593/peopledie.jpg

One of the many idiotic things our protag has said.

Negatives

Well, this isn't a perfect VN, is it? Although I found it very entertaining and definitely a great read, there are a few negatives for me. Some of the scenes are stretched out a bit longer than they need to be. Although Shirou is a protag that is right and fit for this VN, I can't help but think he could of bit written a bit better. I'm not talking about a complete badass, but the housewife stuff got a bit too much after a while. The H-scenes... everyone plays for h-scenes, right? They were just way too forced and seemed like they were stuck in for fan-service.

Last Impressions

Even if you aren't a big fan of action/fantasy type VNs, F/SN is still one you should check out. I probably clocked in around 100 hours and don't regret reading it one bit. The action combined with elements of magic and mythology make this a fairly unique story. Do NOT watch the terrible anime before playing this VN. The anime is mostly a (butchered) adaption of the Fate route, but it spoils you on a lot of other twists as well. Also, make sure to watch Fate/Zero AFTER completing this VN. I'm anxious to see the awesome combination of Kiritsugu and Kotomine.

Spoilers, DO NOT OPEN IT IF YOU ARE NOT FINISHED

[spoiler=FSN]Honestly, Kotomine is one of the greatest and well-written antagonists I've seen. He's incredibly complex. It's one of the reasons why I loved the HF route so much. You get to understand his intentions and get more of a background story to his mysterious character. Someone who isn't able to find happiness outside of evil and questioned his own existence. This is why he went out of his way to "complete" the tainted version of the Holy Grail and witness the birth of something that represented himself. Just an awesome character.

Edited by desi
Spoilers, DO NOT OPEN IT IF YOU ARE NOT FINISHED

[spoiler=FSN]Honestly, Kotomine is one of the greatest and well-written antagonists I've seen. He's incredibly complex. It's one of the reasons why I loved the HF route so much. You get to understand his intentions and get more of a background story to his mysterious character. Someone who isn't able to find happiness outside of evil and questioned his own existence. This is why he went out of his way to "complete" the tainted version of the Holy Grail and witness the birth of something that represented himself. Just an awesome character.

Fully agree with what you said in that spoiler box - he's amazing and unique.

... But you already knew that!

Fully agree with what you said in that spoiler box - he's amazing and unique.

... But you already knew that!

YES. I knew it the first time I laid my eyes on him. I knew he was going to be quite an interesting character :p

Yea, he was very well done. That voice actor + church BGM combo gave me goosebumps every damn time I heard it...

Yep. I'm very curious as to how the interactions between him and Kiritsugu are executed. Season 2 BDs need to come quicker!

I paused my read after UBW and started to play Kawata Shoujo because I had never finished it and I for some reason don't want to get close to Sakura:/ but Desi did you come up with the "struggling with oneself as an ideal" and "I would say for many, this is the real story that F/SN tries to tell and delivers a fairly satisfying closure(although not perfect) to the journey that is presented" or did you get this ideas or even the sentences from somewhere else?

I paused my read after UBW and started to play Kawata Shoujo because I had never finished it and I for some reason don't want to get close to Sakura:/ but Desi did you come up with the "struggling with oneself as an ideal" and "I would say for many, this is the real story that F/SN tries to tell and delivers a fairly satisfying closure(although not perfect) to the journey that is presented" or did you get this ideas or even the sentences from somewhere else?

Those are the themes that the author stated in an interview.

"The main theme in Fate/stay night is "conquering oneself." There are three story lines in Fate, each has a different theme. The first one, Fate, is the "oneself as an ideal." The second one, Unlimited Blade Works, is "struggling with oneself as an ideal." The third one, Heaven's Feel, is "the friction with real and ideal."
The last sentence is what I believe. Many people believe the HF route truly is the main intention of the author(author even stated that he intended for that to be canon) and that the HF route really encompasses the full journey. The previous routes are important as well, of course.