What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

whenever i watch a anime like steins gate, i feel like trying to find plot holes and guessing the ending(which i did). I didn't find any plot holes in the vn, but i did find some in the anime(i'd post it here if i could, but i don't remember, if anyone could tell me how to find my own posts in myanimelists.net i'd be delighted). Great vn

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duel Savior. Well, not really finished 100% since my OCD is acting up and Crea route is still not done. Got the LVL200 CGs though (YEAH!!! That swap CG between Mia and Lily was just fantastic. Mia with Lily's clothes and hairstyle and vice-versa. :D)

And now comes the spoiler tags...

That harem route is the BEST-written harem route I've ever read. EVER. Seriously, when you hear "harem route" in a VN, you immediately think of threesome, foursome, ball-busting, high-endurance sex. BUT IT'S NOT! Well, there is, but there's more to it than that.

Harem route redeemed the yandere Mia in my eyes (hated her in her own route), especially since she becomes the super-awesome White Apostle with default explosive arrows! Lily is pretty much my favorite out of all the heroines though (another tsundere lover here). Berio reconciling both sides of her personality without the NTR (mentioned, not depicted) drama? Awesomeness.

I love how it all turned out, with the pettanko lolis and the oppai musumes, the yandere and the tsundere all being best friends in the end. With kids! Poor Sel though. Still, he didn't die this time around and got to be the fun, perverted godfather! And anti-God Taiga is pretty badass. In harem route, every main character is badass. Hell, even Sel is badass, taking on Downy like that. Lily crawled through dimensions to get back, Kaede sucked out Mudou's poison, Berio is now one with perverted Papilion ("Mom takes out the whip and goes Ohohohoho~"), Rubinas is awesome while being the cutest character in the game (sorry Rico, even if you eat like that), Rico didn't do much since she got absorbed by the Messiah Armor, but at least she's now with Imnity (can anyone say twincest threesome when Taiga gets back?), and White Apostle Mia minus crazy messed-up yandere-ness equals badass, beautiful imouto.

Replaying the harem route (or loading a save made after the last battle) also shows a hopeful ending with Taiga returning home after defeating God a couple million times and sealing him in the end. How cool is that?

Thoughts on individual routes (I only played Justice so far)...... Sorry, don't have that much. I liked Lily's and Nanashi's/Rubinas's, hated Mia's, Kaede was cute but her route and Berio's (fucking NTR) were so-so, Rico's route was a bit sad, but I like how Taiga changed in the end and he saw her again

end of spoiler tags. Well, if anyone has a hard time getting to LVL200 in endless mode, just follow the walkthrough. I saved up my points up to level 50-ish (I used Taiga since he's the one I got most accustomed with, most likely the same with the rest of you too), got Principal Muriel (500 pts), got all the "resume at last unlocked level minus x" (1300 pts total for x to be zero) then repeated all the battles from level 1 to save up again (kinda contradictory from what I just said) and spammed using B (X on your keyboard as default) and forward-B, using AB (ZX) when there is meter.

Then I fought up to level 100, unlocked the God Worm (1500 pts), unlocked the God Worm ally (1750 pts), got clone characters (2000 pts), and bring allies (6000 pts total for 2 allies max). You can cheat away with C-up (summons a wall of rock in front of you, a bit like Berio's Holy wall BUT TALLER), then barrel Jabba the Hutt using forward-B INTO the wall, sandwiching the enemies caught in between. The damage is immense if they forget to block. Rinse and repeat. Doesn't feel like a battle at all, so you might get bored and quit.

Well then, on to my next VN. Downloading Kamidori and Sengoku Rance (thanks for the recommendations!), but I still have Clannad, Tomoyo, E17 and N7 waiting unread in my laptop. All nakiges/utsuges. I'm dreading to open them... Ah well. Better face them someday.. :(

Edited by evollove
*nakiges not nukiges
Well then, on to my next VN. Downloading Kamidori and Sengoku Rance (thanks for the recommendations!), but I still have Clannad, Tomoyo, E17 and N7 waiting unread in my laptop. All nukiges/utsuges. I'm dreading to open them... Ah well. Better face them someday.. :(

Oooo you oughta get on with that Ever17 right away I'd say. It can be emotional, but it's certainly not utsuge atleast. A grand mystery story, yes, that it is. You'd love it if you're into mystery.

Well... as long as you try it at some point anyway.

Just played Hoshizora no Memoria for 3 days straight with pretty much no breaks. The first 5 routes were pretty good, but god damn that true route had me bawling.

Loved it, it's tied for my favorite VN along with G-Senjou no Maou, and I've played a lot of VN's.

Edited by Calistilaigh

Finished Rewrite "Chihaya" route.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6rmrPRe2UwBZFBfrDj0wUsw2AXR75YkmsMQN5IpWd--4ccUkFVNNB-8N8iA

My first impression is "HYPER AWESOME". Rewrite easily suppresses Little busters or maybe clannad.

Rewrite unlike other VNs with true route doesn't, need to play true route to know its mystery or awesomeness.Just one Chihaya route and everything is explained and solved.It is like reaching the true end with Chihaya as your partner.Everything is solved perfectly.

I finally understand why Rewrite:Harvest festa is recognized as a good fan-disc.Rewrite need fan-disc to perfect(for dere dere part) or at least for me.

I think it will easily get 10/10 from me.

And the following are messages for OMA.

-I start with Chihaya route because Sakuya x Chihaya relationship annoys me.

-You say you can play all heroines route from start but you are wrong.After finishing Chihaya route,a message of "Akane route has been unlocked" appeared.

Now,onto Kotori route.~~~~~ :)

Edited by phantasm
You say you can play all heroines route from start but you are wrong. After finishing Chihaya route,a message of "Akane route has been unlocked" appeared.

Oh well, don't trust the internet. One should play all routes of rewrite anyway but thanks for correcting my comment.

Rewrite unlike other VNs with true route doesn't, need to play true route to know its mystery or awesomeness.Just one Chihaya route and everything is explained and solved.It is like reaching the true end with Chihaya as your partner.Everything is solved perfectly.

Sorry, I just don't buy this. I'm 100% positive you need the Moon + terra part to fully understand what Rewrite is about. One route explaining the entire story.. that's just not something that I buy.

Sorry, I just don't buy this. I'm 100% positive you need the Moon + terra part to fully understand what Rewrite is about.

Well,there are some stuffs left unexplained in Chihaya route.But they are just minor things about kotarou past or maybe some similar things.I think Moon + Terra is how Kotarou will save the world thing(sorry if it counts as spoiler). So it is more like different approach to the same story .Everything u need to know is explained in Chihaya route.

Also construction of rewrite is same story,different approach style.So it is normal for one route to explain everything.

Edited by phantasm

From Ixrec rewrite review:

"Thankfully, every character route adds a great deal to the setting, no two of them ever overlap more than they should, and the characters' personal stories are in fact interesting. The metaplot in the true routes also has plenty of depth to it, and does a great job of delivering a satisfying and conclusive ending which ties together all of the previous routes."

From Moogy post about Rewrite:

"I would say that enjoying Rewrite hinges on the reader’s ability to overlook/adapt to the massive shifts in mood and quality throughout the game. The common route, character routes, and Moon/Terra might as well all be entirely different games –not to mention that only two of the character routes (Lucia and Akane) are any good at all. "

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

"Thankfully, every character route adds a great deal to the setting, no two of them ever overlap more than they should,

Learn it after playing Chihaya and Kotori route.

the characters' personal stories are in fact interesting.

Hmmmmm~~Chihaya route will be perfect is only that----

The metaplot in the true routes also has plenty of depth to it, and does a great job of delivering a satisfying and conclusive ending which ties together all of the previous routes."

I know what he is implying,I know.

The common route, character routes, and Moon/Terra might as well all be entirely different games

True story,not sure about moon+terra

(Lucia and Akane) are any good at all.

Let wait and see.

Heya guys, I'm kinda new here, so what games do you recommend? The ones I finished so far are Monster Girl Quest 1 and 2, Katawa Shoujo and I'm currently palying Hoshizora no Memoria. Thanks in advance!

What kind of VNs do you like? From the ones you mentioned, it looks like you have a pretty diverse taste, which is a good thing. Did you like all the ones you've finished/are reading so far? Just as a general recommendation: I recommend Sharin No Kuni. Good mix of Comedy + Drama and a really great setting dealing with society. Check it out when you have a chance.

Heya guys, I'm kinda new here, so what games do you recommend? The ones I finished so far are Monster Girl Quest 1 and 2, Katawa Shoujo and I'm currently palying Hoshizora no Memoria. Thanks in advance!

I would recommend G-Senjou no Maou (story-driven vn), Yume Miru Kusuri, and Sengoku Rance (Sengoku has pretty addictive gameplay) for I've played it and know that it is good. I would also suggest VN such as Bible Black (an old VN) and Prisoner Market (black lilith), that is if you don't mind rape and weird fetish. Deardrops (musical theme VN) is a good VN too, even though the only route that I like is Riho's route, I still feel it's worth playing it just for her route.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Deardrops (musical theme VN) is a good VN too, even though the only route that I like is Riho's route, I still feel it's worth playing it just for her route.

I feel like Deardrops was a lot of wasted potential. Yayoi and Rimu routes were like afterthoughts. Kanade's ENDING is good, route is pretty meh.

I did like the Kira Kira cameos though. I recommend playing Kira Kira and Curtain Call before Deardrops. Not necessary, but I do like them better. Music is catchier too.

Runaway City. I suppose you could say I used it to pull myself back into the genre recently. It may be very, very old but it has always been my favorite eroge (yes, even with that convoluted ending sequence). Now that I've once again experienced my favorite of old, I think it's time to dive into more modern pleasures. Edited by Evolver

Saya no Uta. Holy moley...

Spoilers are all in the spoiler box down below, because no one wants spoilers. Long text because Saya no Uta was so damn different.

Magnificent and... Wrong - in all the right ways. I think that's a very fair thing to say about this rather short VN. This is one of the most unique *good* experiences I've ever had. It doesn't feel right though to compare it to titles such as Muv-Luv Alternative and Sharin no Kuni, because this VN is just too different from them and also much shorter. It's in a different league altogether.

To start of with, I just want to say that each reading session I had with Saya no Uta was in the complete dark, at night, alone, with headphones on and pretty high volume. Also fullscreen of course. Well... This made a huge difference. Oh yes it did. It felt like being in a different world altogether. I was completely soaked up by the story and everything else the VN presented. If you have not read Saya before, then I highly recommend reading it with this setup. Believe me, it makes a difference, altough the difference will be bigger or smaller depending on the person reading.

So! What exactly was so magnificent about this VN then? Alot of things.

Visuals/Art - The visuals in this VN are... uh... relentless, disturbing... and correct. Mm, I think that's the right way to put it. Now, I can't talk too much about it without spoiling things that just shouldn't be spoiled. But I can say atleast that what shows up on the screen affects you the way it's supposed to affect you. It disturbed, shocked and sometimes frightened me, which is exactly what it's supposed to do. More than anything, it had almost a claustrophobic effect on me, although that's not only because of the visuals.

Oh and the big transparent grey box is back! The one found in "NVL's" apparently. Well I think it fits perfectly with a VN like this.

Sound/VA/Music - Oppressive, creepy and memorable, that's the music in a nutshell. It's almost perfect I gotta say. I often felt cornered by it - oppressed - as it worked hand in hand with the visuals and all the descriptions the VN presents. It toyed with my mind. There were some hauntingly beautiful songs aswell though that gave way for some peace of mind every now and then.

The voice acting was alright. They did a job showing some heavy emotions every now and then. Also the screaming, let's not forget about that. But no individual voice were particularly memorable in this.

Characters - Now we're getting somewhere! Insanity, that's one word to describe this part of the VN. These characters? They can be depressingly evil, purely insane, charmingly adorable and some other things. Sounds strange? Good. I've never read anything like this before and the characters are a big reason for that.

Saya (the character) deserves special mentioning. She is a radiant beauty surrounded by grotesqueness, and that fact alone makes her so... Unique. Yes, unique. I doubt I'll ever see a character like this ever again. My mind has a hard time accepting her very existence. She is really cute - but that's the problem right there. She is one of the main reasons why this whole VN is unique aswell as disturbing.

However, that said... There is one particular individual in Saya no Uta that takes the cake for being one of the most disturbing characters I've ever seen in a VN so far. If you've read this VN before, then you know exactly who I'm talking about. No, I won't say who it is, not here anyway.

Plot/Story - The main dish, as usual. It captivated me, but not in the way that Fate/stay night did for example, oh no. This is not some exciting fantasy story. No, this story cages you and shows you dark things that you probably thought you'd never see in a VN. It reminds me alittle bit of Lovecraftian horror. It's a realistic story in a lot of ways, but it also has that unusual something that will get into your head.

Yes, it was addictive. Very much so. I wanted to keep reading more on each session. Then again, taking a break was also necessary for me atleast. Because this story is so evil, suffocating and Wrong (there's that word again). It's wrong, it feels wrong, but it's perfect that way. It's what makes it such a great read.

And the endings? There are three endings altogether, with one of them being the "true" ending. My mouth was open for the most part of that true ending. It is absolutely unbelievable... yet somehow, still acceptable. As a result, at the very end of it all, I left the VN with a weird smile on my face.

So that's that. Is this yet ANOTHER must-read VN? Why yes it is! Saya no Uta is so goddamn good at what it does. It shows the evil insanity of the human mind, but also the love it can hold. It's a disturbing combination. It ends up being an experience that just doesn't compare to anything else. Wow, what a great friggin' VN this is.

What needs to be said? Fuminori is the most insane main character that I'll probably ever see. Cannibalism, really? Really VN? You actually went there huh. Well good! Because it made it all so much more fascinating. But hey, that's not even the "worst" part of it all. No, it's the fact that he recognizes what he's doing - and accepts it. He accepts the fact that he's having sex with some sort of monster (Saya) aswell as eating human body parts.

As for the relationship between him and Saya, um... Do I even need to comment on that? It's beautiful and crazy at the same time. It just doesn't compare to anything else.

I had a few tears for real when the neighbour killed his wife and daughter. But especially the daughter. It was just... so incredibly wrong and depressing. Yet, that sort of thing can and does happen in real life.

Oh and that ending. The true ending. Unbelievable. I did NOT think that was going to happen. And I don't even truly know how I should feel about it. Is it happy? It could be, it has the potential to be a happy ending, even though plenty of good characters died throughout the story. Maybe the transformed humans will end up being more happy than they were before. Who knows?

What kind of VNs do you like? From the ones you mentioned, it looks like you have a pretty diverse taste, which is a good thing. Did you like all the ones you've finished/are reading so far? Just as a general recommendation: I recommend Sharin No Kuni. Good mix of Comedy + Drama and a really great setting dealing with society. Check it out when you have a chance.

I enjoyed both monster girl quest and katawa shoujo, so i guess I'll stick to those VN that have comedy and drama, and thanks for the your recommendation, and from the comments I could say that its really good. Thanks again! (Currently Downloading)

I would recommend G-Senjou no Maou (story-driven vn), Yume Miru Kusuri, and Sengoku Rance (Sengoku has pretty addictive gameplay) for I've played it and know that it is good. I would also suggest VN such as Bible Black (an old VN) and Prisoner Market (black lilith), that is if you don't mind rape and weird fetish. Deardrops (musical theme VN) is a good VN too, even though the only route that I like is Riho's route, I still feel it's worth playing it just for her route.

Thanks for the help! i really appreciate it! I don't really mind rape and weird fetishes, I have a wide range of Interest, hahaha, Thanks again!

Characters - Now we're getting somewhere! Insanity, that's one word to describe this part of the VN. These characters? They can be depressingly evil, purely insane, charmingly adorable and some other things. Sounds strange? Good. I've never read anything like this before and the characters are a big reason for that.

Saya (the character) deserves special mentioning. She is a radiant beauty surrounded by grotesqueness, and that fact alone makes her so... Unique. Yes, unique. I doubt I'll ever see a character like this ever again. My mind has a hard time accepting her very existence. She is really cute - but that's the problem right there. She is one of the main reasons why this whole VN is unique aswell as disturbing.

However, that said... There is one particular individual in Saya no Uta that takes the cake for being one of the most disturbing characters I've ever seen in a VN so far. If you've read this VN before, then you know exactly who I'm talking about. No, I won't say who it is, not here anyway.

Plot/Story - The main dish, as usual. It captivated me, but not in the way that Fate/stay night did for example, oh no. This is not some exciting fantasy story. No, this story cages you and shows you dark things that you probably thought you'd never see in a VN. It reminds me alittle bit of Lovecraftian horror. It's a realistic story in a lot of ways, but it also has that unusual something that will get into your head.

Yes, it was addictive. Very much so. I wanted to keep reading more on each session. Then again, taking a break was also necessary for me atleast. Because this story is so evil, suffocating and Wrong (there's that word again). It's wrong, it feels wrong, but it's perfect that way. It's what makes it such a great read.

And the endings? There are three endings altogether, with one of them being the "true" ending. My mouth was open for the most part of that true ending. It is absolutely unbelievable... yet somehow, still acceptable. As a result, at the very end of it all, I left the VN with a weird smile on my face.

For me, the vn gave a fresh perspective on human perception

Saya was a really good read. The vn proves that all is not what it seems. Simply- the relationship between saya, a grotesque alien trying to find meaning in her life and fuminori(hope i spelled that right) a human who went insane and only sees saya as a human and everyone else grotesque. What do you feel when saya dies in the hand of the human doctor and his subordinate? Do you want saya to give birth and mutate the human race? The choices are heavy, both sides having a different perspective. The characters are just perfect for the situation.

Edited by pramit