What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned my lessons the hard way. Never again will I read spoilers. ;_;

I don't have problems with reading spoilers. Before playing a new one, I always look at a review to find out what happens at the end. Mostly this is the last paragraph of a review and I read from the bottom to the top, only to stop on the point where I think I know enough to like the ending :D

Cross Channel is the reason why I'm like this. Man, they could leave it at the ending of the first day, this ending would be definitely better than the "true ending".

Cross Channel is the reason why I'm like this. Man, they could leave it at the ending of the first day, this ending would be definitely better than the "true ending".

IMO,cross channel true ending is better.Protagonist is awesome in true ending.

I don't feel like the story needs a "boom" at the end if the "boom" was already there before

^This is both true and false. If the ending comes soon after "boom" (like in FSN), the ending doesn't need to be that badass because the part that was meant to be the most thrilling is already left behind and the story ends soon anyway. BUT, if the climax takes place and the ending isn't even close (Ever17), it really makes the readers wait for something epic at the end (and disappoint them when it doesn't happen).

kirakira. It was really good but gets really boring at the middle though. The routes are very different. Kirari route ending is heavy and sad and the longest one. Sarina seems like the shortest. Both sarina and chin-nee have happy/normal endings, compared to them kirari ending seems very out of place. Its like putting a part from a dark visual novel into a cheerful one.

I haven't done the true end but i'll do it soon

^This is both true and false. If the ending comes soon after "boom" (like in FSN), the ending doesn't need to be that badass because the part that was meant to be the most thrilling is already left behind and the story ends soon anyway. BUT, if the climax takes place and the ending isn't even close (Ever17), it really makes the readers wait for something epic at the end (and disappoint them when it doesn't happen).

I agree but there can be cases where it isn't true

And that's exactly my problem. I read too many visual novels with an awesome ending and so I tend to not enjoy good endings in the same way like other people because they're crap compared to the awesome ones. Oh and never, never read spoilers, especially if they're about the game you're currently playing.

I got to completely disagree, awesome endings are awesome, but you can't have an awesome ending, an awesome start, and something awesome happen between that awesome start and ending It needs a "bang" somewhere but I have no problem as long as I get it. The ending doesn't have to be awesome it can be a simple conclusion as in Fate to end something awesome that happened before but this is all imo.

Code Geass is awesome because the R2 ending made me cry the first two times I watched it. Death note is also awesome (albeit I prefer Code Geass) but it doesn't happen an epic ending at all.

I got to completely disagree, awesome endings are awesome, but you can't have an awesome ending, an awesome start, and something awesome happen between that awesome start and ending It needs a "bang" somewhere but I have no problem as long as I get it. The ending doesn't have to be awesome it can be a simple conclusion as in Fate to end something awesome that happened before but this is all imo.

I believe you mixed something up. I was ONLY talking about the ending, not the rest of the game. Let's take f/sn as an example. The game itself is great BUT this doesn't change the fact that its endings are, in my opinion, not as good as other ones. The game itself IS better than most games I played but I can't say the same about its endings. And I don't need awesome endings either but let's be honest, if you can choose between a conclusion and an awesome ending, what would you take?

but you can't have an awesome ending, an awesome start, and something awesome happen between that awesome start and ending

B-But I want a game like that! =\

Just finished Nanashi route of Duel Savior. That ending was nice.:D

I just don't like the fact that the battles can't be skipped. My pride as a man is hurt whenever I get forced to turn down my settings to Little Girl whenever I want to get with the story... And my OCD is not making it easier since it wants me to get Crea route from Destiny. Screw you CG completion OCD!

Just started Steins;Gate ^_^

Will edit this post once finished.

You should make a new post when finished, since it'll be easier to see then incase this thread goes to the next page before you're done. I'd love to hear about it, so. Do have fun... It's almost guaranteed to be great.

*spoilery things are all in the spoilerbox*

Well I'm done with the fandisc (Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo) of Sharin no Kuni. I read the main VN some time ago, started the fandisc right afterwards and unfortunately, started reading some of those girl routes. They are trash. Sorry, akabeisoft, but they are. You can write some really excellent stuff, but those are pure garbage. It made me sleepy and bored out of my skull. Anyway, as a result of that I gave up on reading it. Fast forward until some days ago, desi and iLoveTsundere convinced me to read the fandisc again since apparently "you're not done with Sharin until you've read the Houzuki route" on it. Well I never thought about that myself before... But now I can see that it's true.

Perhaps "taking a break" from Sharin was a good thing, because I ended up missing it but also looking forward to coming back to it. Now I know that it was important to read the Houzuki route myself, in more ways than one. The story told through the Sharin VNs is the real deal. It kept me at the edge of my seat before, and managed to do so yet again in the Houzuki route on the fandisc. It just doesn't fail. There's something here that is just interesting and exciting... Well, I'm not sure how to explain it. I don't know what words to use.

Hm... The human mind is interesting. Is that maybe it? You get to see some interesting mindsets in Sharin. And characters with these mindsets are unpredictable. You just don't know what will happen next, what they will do. In the fandisc, you get to see more of one such character, along with some others. That is almost enough on its own, but the overall plot here is excellent too. It had some of the same excitement found in the main Sharin VN. In other words, it's like an actual extension of the main VN, meaning that it is infact important to not skip it. So thanks for making me read it, really. It's most definately worth the time.

There's nothing to say about visuals and sound other than - it's as good as it was in the main VN. There's some new songs, one song in particular having a funny sound to it. But in general, it's the same as in the main VN, which is good.

So the summary for the fandisc is this: Houzuki route is an important and excellent read, everything else is numbingly boring.

Not 100% sure on what to read next, guess we'll see.

Nothing special here other than - I will choose to believe that Houzuki actually handled that situation at the end somehow, and at the very least managed to free Mina in order for her to see Ken. Maybe Houzuki would die in the process, but he did say to Ken on the phone that he would get to meet his mother. I believe in Houzuki, that magnificent bastard!

Oh, one more thing. Ari is a great character. Well, she's like a cute version of Houzuki. Still evil, still despicable, but pretty funny too. Great clothes! Great voice acting. One of my most favourite characters in any VN, easily, even though she still wasn't part of a particularly long storyline herself.

Edited by Harlequin
the girl routes in the fan disc is just fan service, just like FHA. Tbh, i found parts of it a bit annoying too, but i guess its for all those people who are attached to the particular female character

Yea, so they are. It makes sense to have some of that on a FANdisc. Still, either way, it's boring. Wait, no, not just boring. Hmmmmm, what word to use... Sleep-inducing, perhaps.

today i nailed dc with full completion, err bout the review, i think all story are good whichever heroine you choose, but i like sakura and nemu above all, the next best heroine would be miharu, about kotori i think it's better on DC inocent finale or in kotori love exp rather on DC, this one takes long to beat, hmm i think i need one week to actually beat this one asumming i played at night with 4 to 6 hours a day this one need at least 33-36 hour completion i dont know the exact time lol

now onto next project Yume Miru Kusuri

Finally........!!!!

Edited by Virsia

Just cleared Steins;Gate after clocking 19 hours of gameplay :)

It's definitely an 8 or a 9, loved the art and vocal OST.

However, the overall theme is nothing new and I felt that the true route was not long enough in some ways. Similarly, after completing the 'bad' endings, going through Kurisu's route was basically the same thing over again :(

Was definitely a great read, though I'm a BIT surprised it's #2 on vndb.

Just cleared Steins;Gate after clocking 19 hours of gameplay :)

It's definitely an 8 or a 9, loved the art and vocal OST.

However, the overall theme is nothing new and I felt that the true route was not long enough in some ways. Similarly, after completing the 'bad' endings, going through Kurisu's route was basically the same thing over again :(

Was definitely a great read, though I'm a BIT surprised it's #2 on vndb.

Wowwwwwwwwwww yes, as Star said. 19 hours? I thought it would be way longer than that with all those routes. If you truly read it through in normal fashion and it still ended up only taking 19 hours, then I'm surprised! Haha... ... ... Damnit, that's not good. Well you gave it a 8 or a 9, but length is still a factor and I thought it would be a long VN.

Damnit, that's not good. Well you gave it a 8 or a 9, but length is still a factor and I thought it would be a long VN.

It's listed under 30-50 hours under vndb, so I don't think you have to worry about the legnth. Maybe Kaskade is just a very fast reader.

It's listed under 30-50 hours under vndb, so I don't think you have to worry about the legnth. Maybe Kaskade is just a very fast reader.

Yes I hope you're right about that. I was looking forward to it NOT being a short experience... Well I'm not that fast with the actual reading, although it depends on how addictive the story is. Fate/stay night went fairly quickly considering it's length since it was damn entertaining.