What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

Finished Rizu's route from A Profile yesterday.

The common route was nice and filled with comedy. It's a decent build up for the darkness that lies await upon entering Rizu's route. The plot might seem to be a little too trivial, but the overall simplicity of it is what make it feel natural and alive and not at all pretentious or flamboyant. While some of the details are easily predictable, most of the revelation came as a real surprise and totally unexpected. There is one or two odd moment that felt confusing and weird, though I'm not sure whether it's because I didn't read it properly, or it was the line that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Each of the characters has a fair share of development and progression in Rizu's route, although the same can't be said for Miku. She's just an invisible bystander in Rizu's route. Perhaps the writer intended to keep her mysterious since the next route will be about her.

The art seems to be a bit rough and unpolished. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything spectacular or memorable either. The H-scene for Rizu's was boring. The music is boring and bland too. Clearly, it's the weakest part of this VN. The voice acting is pretty good, especially for Rizu.

[spoiler=Rambling about Rizu's, the protag, and some other stuff]Rizu's with her funny "suyasuya suuu" "munya munya" and "kupo popopopopo" (moogle?) always crack me up. It was both funny and very cute. When it was revealed that she acted like a bitch when she burned the diaries and stuff, it adds on how the characters felt like normal people. It's the dark side of human. Also to be noted is on how the protag refused to sleep with her at least until the last moment of her route, where their relationship has already developed. It was cleverly written. Furthermore, to think that she pretend she was still sleeping just to make her brother wake her every morning, I just laughed. It was silly, yet it was an act so pure. Also, between the true end and the alternate end, I kinda prefer the altenate end more.

Finished both the true end & alternate end for Rizu's route.

Score: 7/10 (This is a score for the individual route, and definitely not for the whole VN)

Now, onwards to Miku's route

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the Miku route the best out of the three as well. Really emphasized the Johari Window concept in that route.

never heard of that concept/idea till her route and i didnt really understand it at first untill you reach "that certain point in her route", very true though

It's like missing the ever17 true ending... OneManarmy, just what are you doing;)

Bcuz OMA likes to be a rebel :confused:

Edited by udizzle

I can see why people will dislike the characters in A Profile. An amount of tolerant might be needed for some readers in order to enjoy this VN. It also depends on why you play A Profile in the first place.

Personally, I don't have problem with A Profile characters so far. It's very enjoyable.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
A Profile is pretty good even when it's compared to G-Senjou. (Haven't play Sharin yet.) I will not say that it is better than G-Senjou but it clearly wasn't subpar.

Dont get me wrong , A Profile is ok , but compared to G-Senjou true route at least , the entirety of A Profile its like comparing pacman to super mario world in my opinion. with this im basically saying g-senjou's haru route >>>>>>>>>>> the entirety of A Profile IN MY OPINION , let alone comparing it with Sharin...

Granted, it isn't a 9/10 material like Sharin and G-Senjou, but it is definitely not below average either.

Thats what i wanted to say. Its not a bad VN but in my opinion doesnt top G-Senjou. I rated 7/10 on A Profile and 8/10 on G-Senjou , they are pretty much neck to neck , but g-senjou has the lead , in my opinion. Still , A Profile is a good read though.

What is this, I don't even...

A good VN is a good VN. It can't suddenly become mediocre or bad whenever it was compared to G-Senjou. And one of the reason people tend to compare A Profile with G-Senjou is because they were both written by looseboy. Regardless that the setting, theme, and the aim of both VN is different. For me, I would rather like to criticize and dissect A Profile for its own weakness without having to bring another title from looseboy. Granted, it isn't a 9/10 material like Sharin and G-Senjou, but it is definitely not below average either.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Kara no Shoujo. Just a few sentences, since I'm pretty sleepy. The art is beautiful, the music is amazing and mood-fitting. The H-scenes are pointless, forced and random. There aren't too many detective VNs out there, not to mention, at least as good as this one. It was pretty interesting, but.. it's hard to put into words.. somehow it didn't feel in the slightest bit that Reiji was the protagonist. Maybe it was his total focus on the case, somehow for me Reiji was never a character whose shoes I stepped in, he was just a detective I was reading about.

Also, when Tojiko died, Yukari was over it in a day or two, even though she was her best friend. Actually nobody makes a big deal about anybody dying in the whole VN.

By the way, Yukari is an awesome imouto.

http://i.imgur.com/3gNPb.jpg

Edited by Rin
finished little busters refrain. Now i just have kugugaya good end left. This vn is a masterpiece.

sigh, now i must deal with the empty feeling that comes after finishing such a good vn.

[spoiler=little busters] don't forgot to complete refrain twice, there might just be an extra scene;)