Kamidori Alchemy Meister: Come here to help others or is seeking help from others

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know where to find enemies called Freki? I need to get 5 Emeralds for one of Hannah's requests, and they're one of the two enemies that drop them. The other is a Kankuri, and those things only show up in maps with every variety and I don't feel like grinding enemies that don't even have a chance of dropping what I want. Also, never sell any Emeralds, Sapphires, or Topaz you may get. Hannah wants 5 of each.

:eek: I cleaned out my treasure items right before I saw this...

On a side note, what does the +wind on gems mean and do you get to keep your material when you continue onto a new game?

On a side note, what does the +wind on gems mean and do you get to keep your material when you continue onto a new game?

The +element gems raise the resistance to that element by one step. So a +wind gem would bring somebody with B wind resistance to A wind. And yeah, you can carry over your entire inventory. NG+ lets you carry over pretty much everything, even letting you use characters before you properly get them in the story (though you won't get their events until they actually join).

yeah, the NG+ stuff does carry over. And I've got so many armor enhancing gems now it's kinda silly, the +move and +skill% ones are nice. However, I too have been selling the treasures. Just got the orange jellies quest done, so I'm expecting there will be gemstone farming in my future.

I also just recently got an item call Marwen's ring. That gives 1.5x stat growths upon level up, that I wish I had ages ago. I can imagine if someone really wanted to get the most out of their characters, that this would be a very important item.

Freki are indeed in one of the level 90+ areas (the Mountains). They're one of the wolf-type enemies. So Emerald-grinding before level 90 is pretty much down to Kankuris. Ugh.

Also, Mylen has the best class change bonuses apart from maybe Aht's training-based one.

capture_001_10032012_220731.jpgcapture_002_10032012_220825.jpg

Explosive Assault is a Str+30 attack. And she joins with Double Action.

EDIT: Oh my. Just found a Ful's Tears accessory in the NG+ mines. Raises item drop rate by 2. Even more useful than the Mill!

EDIT2: And it stacks with a Mill. So you can get up to 4 items per fight.

Edited by Alien
so just out of curiosity, what other VN's have you guys played/playing/plan to play?

I recently came off a sort of VN hiatus with Shikkoku no Sharnoth a couple weeks back. Started Kara no Shoujo, as well, but then started up Kamidori and got massively sidetracked. When I finish getting as close to 100% as I can tolerate, probably going to go back to that. Or maybe Deardrops, it looks interesting.

Damn! Which mine is it exactly?

Untouchable Cage. It opens up after you clear Demonic Banquet, which you need all main party members for (and Wil level 60). So you can't get it before around chapter 8.

so just out of curiosity, what other VN's have you guys played/playing/plan to play?

I currently playing Da Capo 2, Period and Deardrops.

Kamidori is incredibly fun and addictive but when you go for the 2nd or 3rd playthrough, the fights, harvest etc. become kind of annoying, so I halted Kamidori until I finish some of the three VNs I'm reading, probably Da Capo 2.

EDIT: Oh my. Just found a Ful's Tears accessory in the NG+ mines. Raises item drop rate by 2. Even more useful than the Mill!

EDIT2: And it stacks with a Mill. So you can get up to 4 items per fight.

^--Do want.

I've been playing Deardrops all day today(night... morning now?) since I've spent most of the week playing Kamidori non-stop. I've been playing it more on the weekdays and reading more story-based novels during the weekends. Mostly because the overwhelming passion and addiction I had for Kamidori is wearing off as I get into NG+ grindy stuff. There's still more I want to see, but I need some breaks into something more relaxing.

Technically, I'm also part way through G-Senjou no Maou as well, that one is just too heavy to read for an extended period and I need something lighter. I have Tears to Tiara and Canvas 2 downloaded and in the waiting list as well, so I have plenty of things on my plate for the future.

Well technically I'm still playing two other games even though I haven't touched them in idk how long lol. Those would be Katawa Shoujo (I still have to do the shizune and lily routes) and My GF is the President (Half way done the.... main girl's route and still have to do the other two non-lolis). Also after I get done my second playthrough of Kamidori, I'm planning on trying out deardrops for some reason. I wanna try it but at the dame time I feel like I'm nor gonna like it. Hard explain what I mean.

Oh god, Rimu route in Deardrops... she just said 'Forget it! Should I hit your head until you forget?' And all I can think about is that scene with Kohakuren in Kamidori, heh. Those two reminding me of each other never would have happened in my wildest dreams, but that's how it is...

am i the only one thats having issues with money ingame lol

Money can be tight early on, but it shouldn't be once you get going. I can probably give tips for some good money-making tactics based on where you are in the game and what you've got available.

Money is easy for me. Fill the shop with multiple weapons when I have materials, set everyone with decent service skills to selling, then I wait a month, and bam. I'm rolling in it. That along with selling treasure items at the church have made my money issues non-existant since like chapter 3 of my first run, when I realized I could just pass time instead of going to another dungeon to make stuff sell.

As of right now, chapter 4 in my first NG+ I have around 300k sitting around. Mostly saving to enhance Yuela's clothes this time around, since I did spend quite a bit on Serawi's in the first playthrough to get those H-Scenes.

am i the only one thats having issues with money ingame lol

What i usually do is either farm wood or find weapons/sales items that sell for alot and the requirements for them are easy and fast to get. Farming wood is really fast and you can get alot of easy money for it(selling Furn). Just go to Peaceful Ground and turn off combat and dungeon animations. It takes like 20-30sec to take 3 harvest points and you get wood + other items. For other stuff, find some "hit and run" dungeons. By that i mean dungeons where you can deploy units and get to harvest/excavation without fighting anyone, under 1-2 turns. You can do 10 runs in like 2-3mins and get a nice amount of materials. If you got patience, go for it.

If you can get above 66 (I think) Tools rating in your workshop (needs ~level 8 + being fully kitted out with some of the best stuff in a normal playthrough), you can convert materials to their better forms (i.e. Wood to Good Wood) at a 1:1 rate. By that point, stuff should be selling at a ridiculous rate even with the generic shopkeeper. You can make a Barrel Pile (I think that's what it was, anyway) with Furniture Board and Ivy, and each sells for ~3k with some decent Price-boosting. You can grow Ivy in your yard, and in all odds you'll have a giant pile of it anyway, it's pretty common. So farm some wood, sell some barrels, make ~15k per trip to the woods.

In NG+, Sei Gobles on the early levels of the NG+ mines have two rare drops, each worth something like 11-15k at base Price in your shop. Farm a bunch of them (Ragsmuenda, Mylen, and Eukleia are all really good at killing them quickly) and reap the profits. I've got something like 1.5 million just from the ones I got in the course of exploration (and also selling absolutely anything I'm not using and won't use later on).

Before either of those strategies become viable, you don't really need that much money. Sell off any outdated weaponry and all your treasure (other than Topazes, Sapphires, and Emeralds) and you should have enough to get by. Hold off on Enhancing a lot until at least the first strategy is available.

Chapter 9 is the final one. 10 chapters total counting the prologue. And pay up for 30k; you end up getting almost the same map either way, but if you pay the 30k merchants the map will have two treasures worth 60k each. Or maybe 30k each. Don't fully recall. But you'll never see the 5k again, while the 30k will more than pay itself back.

oh thanks a lot for telling me that alien!, and i just found out im having money troubles because i never sold anything LOL

Im in the complete opposite, Ive sold all the stuff i created and Im too lazy to get materials to make more.

haha, well i havent even sold a single bag of gems/gold coins etc. Btw is there a fast way in getting refined clay? Yuma lake is such a pain in the ass for just 2 refined at most per run

Edited by neptune