What You Hate The Most In Eroge

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that really irritates me is when the MC and one of the girl kiss or fall on each other by "accident".

Annoying noises.If you played Tsukihime you probably remember Shiki's heart throbbing./o/

There is also this technical issue like when a translator makes a HUGE mistake (and i'm not talking about some grammar even though it makes me cringe at times). Something like:

Ran speaking to Haruka.

"Hey Ran, you know him ?"

I know humans make mistakes but come on, there are some you can easily avoid. Nitpicking but come on.

(Normally the first girl your meet in the story is the true heroine.)

I hate that so much,and most of the time I have no interest in her route.On top of that she has more story than the rest of the girls, when I don't even care.

The topping on the cake is that she almost never has anything that makes her unique,and she normally looks bland with no unique features (not all the time.)

You and and me both.

I especially hate the main heroines that are friends from childhood.I mean you're friends since years and yet you're willing to risk to ruin such a strong friendship for love ? I know that some people will disagree with this but that's something i can't understand. (Oh wow she got boobs now!)

Also immature and stupid characters(i don't mind one of the two category but both at once on the same char' is just, hell no).

Seriously who didn't facepalm'd while playing Edelweiss when you had moments with Appo ?

I really hate how most visual novels handle the way to the first sex scene.

Confessing --> 2min --> Kiss --> 2min --> Sex

What the fuck? Sorry but that's for me just way too fast.

I also hate when there are too much h's because they tend to destroy the flow of the story.

This.

There are many things I dislike, but what I really hate is eyeless protagonist. The authors really want me to associate myself with that blind mutant? This one thing I refuse from the core of my being.

+1.

I hate the kind of eroge where sex only exist, I know this might be blasphemous to all of you but I like story more than sex

Once again i agree.

For me a good eroge has to have either;

A good gameplay/concept or a good story(at least an interesting plot).

If it's lacking in either it's unlikely i will read it through without spacing out.

Oh oh i got one!

Chinami...

------------------------------

I became way too demanding during these past 3 years...

Yeah, same for me, but probably because my standards rise as new stuff come out, for example, there are some old animes that were just golden to me at the time but now that i look back on them, holy shit.. who the fuck allowed that kind of lame art and story to get passed as an anime.

Edited by Nobu

Clichés. Predictability... is that a word? Maybe there's a better one, but basically when you can see exactly what's going to happen because it's just too obvious. It's just as bad in anime really. Can't stay even one bit interested if there's nothing *special* to the story or the characters. It needs to have that something something that piques the interest. And the earlier it happens the better. Which is one reason why playing the top rated VNs is a good idea, because you KNOW there's something in them that makes them *more* than the rest.

One thing that really irritates me is when the MC and one of the girl kiss or fall on each other by "accident".

...And it's not really possible; you would just bump your heads. Even if you did somehow hit your lips and not your foreheads, you would still be bumping into each other, so it would just hurt.

There is also this technical issue like when a translator makes a HUGE mistake (and i'm not talking about some grammar even though it makes me cringe at times). Something like:

Ran speaking to Haruka.

"Hey Ran, you know him ?"

I know humans make mistakes but come on, there are some you can easily avoid. Nitpicking but come on.

I agree so much with this. I absolutely hate bad grammar and bad translation. I complained in the shoutbox so much when I was beta testing Tomoyo After.

You and and me both.

I especially hate the main heroines that are friends from childhood.I mean you're friends since years and yet you're willing to risk to ruin such a strong friendship for love ? I know that some people will disagree with this but that's something i can't understand. (Oh wow she got boobs now!)

It's like the Japanese think men and women can't just be friends - if they know each other, they must be in love with each other. I'm not against childhood friends becoming girlfriends, but it shouldn't just be that every childhood friend has been secretly in love with the main character forever.

Clichés. Predictability... is that a word? Maybe there's a better one, but basically when you can see exactly what's going to happen because it's just too obvious. It's just as bad in anime really. Can't stay even one bit interested if there's nothing *special* to the story or the characters. It needs to have that something something that piques the interest. And the earlier it happens the better. Which is one reason why playing the top rated VNs is a good idea, because you KNOW there's something in them that makes them *more* than the rest.

There is so much of this in anime. It's like once you've seen one or two shows in a genre, you can predict any other show in the genre. It's the same with VNs too, obviously, but it's so much worse in anime.

Edited by Dan.

hmmm..for me cliche's are stuff that make me yearn for more and make me rate watever am im looking at higher if the suspense are carefully drawn out and filled in~~~

...And it's not really possible; you would just bump your heads. Even if you did somehow hit your lips and not your foreheads, you would still be bumping into each other, so it would just hurt.

I agree so much with this. I absolutely hate bad grammar and bad translation. I complained in the shoutbox so much when I was beta testing Tomoyo After.

It's like the Japanese think men and women can't just be friends - if they know each other, they must be in love with each other. I'm not against childhood friends becoming girlfriends, but it shouldn't just be that every childhood friend has been secretly in love with the main character forever.

There is so much of this in anime. It's like once you've seen one or two shows in a genre, you can predict any other show in the genre. It's the same with VNs too, obviously, but it's so much worse in anime.

well bad trans are a total let down when its claimed to be translated...though i dont mind small grammar error but its different when you read untraslated ones...

anime are a total suck up things company do to earn money especially its adaptation with exception for those epics like...

EVA..Vandread...Code Geass...Kyokai Senjou no Horizon...FMP and etc~~

BTW i dont think is really realistic *actually nothing really is in vn* that everythime you walk trough the damm rain.. u or the girl gets sick...

That annoys me too. It's like they don't have science in Japan. In anime whenever someone gets wet they catch a cold. You catch a cold from the rain, the bath, or anything else that gets you wet. Except the beach - no one ever catches a cold from getting wet at the beach. You can even catch a cold from sweating in Japan.

That annoys me too. It's like they don't have science in Japan. In anime whenever someone gets wet they catch a cold. You catch a cold from the rain, the bath, or anything else that gets you wet. Except the beach - no one ever catches a cold from getting wet at the beach. You can even catch a cold from sweating in Japan.

Lol yeah, that's true.

Japan - The country of 1000 colds.

Lol yeah, that's true.

Japan - The country of 1000 colds.

I think you need to add some zeroes to that number...

Oh, and they don't even know what a cold is. When you have a cold in Japan, you always have a high fever and can't even get out of bed.

=Dan.;27885

Oh, and they don't even know what a cold is. When you have a cold in Japan, you always have a high fever and can't even get out of bed.

indeed i am dutch and it friggin rains all the time here.

i walk my dog in the rain, i walk in the rain and if i have a cold it's nothing...

still i guess it's kinda romantic how someone get's sick and gets taken care of..

Edited by hyromaru
still i guess it's kinda romantic how someone get's sick and gets taken care of..

I'm not complaining about that part; it's the way they get sick that's just stupid.

And you're missing a ] in the first

tag
They can never be to dere, however they can be to tsun!

yup, i agree with this. except when you already picked a girl and they won't leave you alone and then turn yandere out of jealousy. that's a little too dere for me.

I don't like stories or developments that reek of forced and/or contrived tear-jerking intent. Some even go through most tear-jerking troppes on the list in a single eroge. A school of crippled/injured teens, really?

I am reminded of that American Dad episode where the alien guy (playing the role of a cliche bond villain) made a movie where the main character was a mentally retarded, alcoholic, jewish boy, in the middle of war-torn polland hiding from the nazis on some attic with his desperate family, and even though he finds a little joy in his puppy companion, it dies somewhere in the movie and the kid not understading death carries the corpse around... all rounded up with depressing tunes and filmed in black and white... the episode depicted the press representatives as having died from excessive crying.

I don't like stories or developments that reek of forced and/or contrived tear-jerking intent. Some even go through most tear-jerking troppes on the list in a single eroge. A school of crippled/injured teens, really?

are you referring to KS?

well i havent read it yet, but i think it's quite innovative

i may or may not change my opinion after read it though

Hm Katawa Shoujo wasn't really a tear jerker to be honest. In fact i was surprised it wasn't when i played it.

Edited by Crimson Moon

I hate it when it's a rape and drug abuse eroge, it just makes me sick. Also when you play a male MC and he has sex with one of the girls who's like 7 to 4 years younger than he is. that really disgusts(sp?) me.

I also don't like it when the girl the guy falls in love with is whineyand crap it's annoying as hell. What's funny is, 98% of the time I love the side charcters more then the main. like I would've liked Tomoya to be either with Tomoyo or Kyou and Yuuichi to be with Mai than with Ayu. stuff like that. lol.

Hm Katawa Shoujo wasn't really a tear jerker to be honest. In fact i was surprised it wasn't when i played it.

TBH, i wasn't specifically refering to that game when i mentioned the tear-jerking troppes list* but i was refering to it when i talked about contrived tear-jerking intent, i mean, seriously, when you see that over-the-top premise (school for crippled/injured teens) the first thing that comes to mind is 'trying too hard' or something... but oh well.

*I wouldn't know as i actually haven't played it; i've seen the premise, read comments and discussions, but i haven't played it. I'm not sure if this particular one has that tag, but i won't go anywhere near any eroge that has the Utsuge tag on vndb...

I hate it when it's a rape and drug abuse eroge, it just makes me sick.

It can be ugly sometimes yes. Personally it only bothers me when the main character is doesn't feel the least bit sorry, acts irredimably and hateful, like that psycho guy from Heartwork. Ufff.

Also when you play a male MC and he has sex with one of the girls who's like 7 to 4 years younger than he is. that really disgusts(sp?) me.

But what if the MC is a 32 year old and the girl is 25?

I also don't like it when the girl the guy falls in love with is whineyand crap it's annoying as hell. What's funny is, 98% of the time I love the side charcters more then the main. like I would've liked Tomoya to be either with Tomoyo or Kyou and Yuuichi to be with Mai than with Ayu. stuff like that. lol.

Yeah, that does happen, but unfortunately some of the side characters are sometimes less fleshed out/developed than the main ones, which doesn't balance it out pretty well... maybe the eroge developers are trying to send a message to young players or something?; 'get used to it, women are whinny'? lol

What's funny is, 98% of the time I love the side charcters more then the main. like I would've liked Tomoya to be either with Tomoyo or Kyou and Yuuichi to be with Mai than with Ayu. stuff like that. lol.

Well, good news for you - the Tomoyo After patch should be coming out sometime soon. If you didn't know, Tomoyo After is a game featuring Tomoyo from Clannad as the only heroine. It picks up a little after the end of the Tomoyo route in Clannad and gives you more of what happens between the two of them afterwards.

But what if the MC is a 32 year old and the girl is 25?

I should rephrase that then, I disgusts me when the male main Character is a teenager and the girl he has sex with is like 12 or something like that.

Well, good news for you - the Tomoyo After patch should be coming out sometime soon. If you didn't know, Tomoyo After is a game featuring Tomoyo from Clannad as the only heroine. It picks up a little after the end of the Tomoyo route in Clannad and gives you more of what happens between the two of them afterwards.

Yeah, I heard. I can't wait for the patch to fully come out. but also, I wanted to go through Clannad again, since it's been a long time and I forgot things. lol, I didn;t even get to Nagisa's route yet. lol.