Your favorite visual novel?

[/u] Hell, I even know a bunch of people who dislike sharin no kuni, something I can't understand, but I've to accept it.[/smart mode off]

*raises hand* Yep I fit that category, Sharin no Kuni was definately not my cup of tea. Didn't dig the setting (not the fact that it was different it just seemed clumsy and in your face, as if the author had something to say and wanted to bash the audience over the head with it). Also didn't like the main character. So that pretty much killed any interest in the VN for me.

Back on topic, my favourites are Little Busters and Kanon. Honorable mentions to Second Reproduction, Shikkoku no Sharnoth, Koihime musou, Katawa Shoujo.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akabeisoft2 does some awesome VNs , so id say Sharin no Kuni and G-senjou no maou are pretty much top on my favorites. Aside from akabeisoft VNs , id say Kazoku Keikaku (Family Project) , aaaaaaand maybe Demonbane , im not really into the whole mecha theme , but its got Lovecraft splattered all over it so its good on my book. Clanaad , Air , Kanon , Ever 17...those are classics , they go without saying as well.

*raises hand* Yep I fit that category, Sharin no Kuni was definately not my cup of tea. Didn't dig the setting (not the fact that it was different it just seemed clumsy and in your face, as if the author had something to say and wanted to bash the audience over the head with it). Also didn't like the main character. So that pretty much killed any interest in the VN for me.

Just curious, how far did you get into it before you dropped it? I pretty much liked Kenichi from the beginning, but I know some people who thought he got better as the story moved on. It's a shame most people that dropped it won't get to see chapter 4 and 5, which are the most well-done chapters in the entire story, in my opinion.

Just curious, how far did you get into it before you dropped it? I pretty much liked Kenichi from the beginning, but I know some people who thought he got better as the story moved on. It's a shame most people that dropped it won't get to see chapter 4 and 5, which are the most well-done chapters in the entire story, in my opinion.

I never got that far. I dropped it after chapter one.

Same goes for ef - a fairy tale of the two. btw. Most people are dropping the game before reaching the best part, I can't blame them though, first two chapters were damn tiring.

You're a horrible human being.

And this.

I for one thought that Kenichi on sharin no kuni was a breath of fresh air from the stereotypical main character that is stupid and completely oblivious to pretty much everything around him. Sharin no kuni broke that routine in presenting a main character with a rather enigmatic past and non-stereotypical behaviour for a VN main character (he will kick anyone's ass for example) , whoever i do agree sharin no kuni starts off with a slow pace , but it gets much better later on.

I for one thought that Kenichi on sharin no kuni was a breath of fresh air from the stereotypical main character that is stupid and completely oblivious to pretty much everything around him. Sharin no kuni broke that routine in presenting a main character with a rather enigmatic past and non-stereotypical behaviour for a VN main character

Exactly. Yuuichi from Wanko to Kurasou was the same way.

An hour and a bit :p

An hour and a bit :p

Blasphemy! /waits for OMA with one of his eroge screenshot reactions

In all seriousness, you should play a bit more. If you don't like his personality at first, it definitely grows on you as the story continues. I think a lot of people can attest to that.

In all seriousness, you should play a bit more. If you don't like his personality at first, it definitely grows on you as the story continues. I think a lot of people can attest to that.

That would be impossiblebleblebleble. I deleted it off my hard-drive, I deleted the back up copy I made, and redownloading any file over a gig in size goes against the ..... uh, Jedi Code... or something.

AGREED, definitely don't judge only the character!

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1905/chirp.jpg

No wait...that was the wrong one, here's the picture I originally wanted to post.

how far did you get into it before you dropped it?

An hour and a bit

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4707/urgetokill.jpg

No wait...that was the wrong one, here's the picture I originally wanted to post.

Lol :p

AGREED, definitely don't judge only the character!

Nah, I think I'm gonna judge only the chaacter :p

Seriously though you look for different things in a story than I do, which is probably why you like Sharin no Kuni and I do not. You seem to read a story for the plot, I read a story because I want to spend time with the characters and don't really care that much about the story. It's why I like reading books by Wodehouse, David Eddings (who writes some of the cliched stuff going around but the characters are just so much fun) and Charlaine Harris (nothing wrong with a guy liking Charlaine Harris..... I hope :eek: ) but despise stuff by George R R Martin.

Sharin no Kuni had a main character I really didn't like, I thought he was a little arrogant and just somebody I didn't want to spend any time around. If he was a side character I could deal with it, but he's the main character of a VN so he's a little hard to avoid. Sorry but I really have no desire to pick it up again.

1. Aoishiro

2. Fate/stay night

3. Edelweiss

Yes, that's right, Aoishiro. I know it has some flaws, but the plot and the artwork are something totally astounding. If I were to give overall points for Aoishiro and FSN, FSN would get higher points (maybe 9,5) than Aoishiro (9+), but I still like Aoishiro more despite its cons. :p