Yur Waifu of the month

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never really liked the whole forum Waifu idea. Be it anime or whatever. Just doesn't sit right with me. Characters I enjoy watching, getting to know, and in the case of eroges tend to get emotionally involved with, being randomly claimed by some dude in a forum irks me.

Some of the attraction to treating women like objects does filter through to me, so I can understand the desire, but that's in a totally different line of perverted thought, I don't understand that sort of treatment outside of private, and I'm not sure I ever will.

I could probably think of several random anime girls I'd love to fantasize about being my 'waifu' month or not, but at the same time, I'm not into sharing very much. And this game always makes me feel irritated.

I never really liked the whole forum Waifu idea. Be it anime or whatever. Just doesn't sit right with me. Characters I enjoy watching, getting to know, and in the case of eroges tend to get emotionally involved with, being randomly claimed by some dude in a forum irks me.

Some of the attraction to treating women like objects does filter through to me, so I can understand the desire, but that's in a totally different line of perverted thought, I don't understand that sort of treatment outside of private, and I'm not sure I ever will.

I could probably think of several random anime girls I'd love to fantasize about being my 'waifu' month or not, but at the same time, I'm not into sharing very much. And this game always makes me feel irritated.

Yeah, the waifu thing is a bizarre and kinda disturbing trend. It's really horribly misogynistic (women are a thing to be owned for a month or two? The hell?).

I mean, a relationship between non-equals can work. They tend to be really unhealthy, but some of them can work and some people want that sort of thing (hell, I'm somewhat of a submissive myself, and there's no shortage of male doms with gender expectations as they are today). But a dom/sub relationship lasting for a month is going to be abusive. Any relationship deliberately entered for a single month is probably unhealthy.

Waifus are general are kind of a weird thing but whatever man it's your own business. There are certainly fictional characters I've found attractive, physically or otherwise. But something like this thread shows disrespect for those characters, on top of being kinda revolting in general mentality.

I just do it on a sub-serious theme. It's not I'd want to "own" them, but if I had to choose an eroge universe to be in, I'd be in the one with the character I like the most. For me, THIS type of waifu is just which girl I like most, not me wanting to marry a 2D girl.

Yeah, the waifu thing is a bizarre and kinda disturbing trend. It's really horribly misogynistic (women are a thing to be owned for a month or two? The hell?).

I mean, a relationship between non-equals can work. They tend to be really unhealthy, but some of them can work and some people want that sort of thing (hell, I'm somewhat of a submissive myself, and there's no shortage of male doms with gender expectations as they are today). But a dom/sub relationship lasting for a month is going to be abusive. Any relationship deliberately entered for a single month is probably unhealthy.

Waifus are general are kind of a weird thing but whatever man it's your own business. There are certainly fictional characters I've found attractive, physically or otherwise. But something like this thread shows disrespect for those characters, on top of being kinda revolting in general mentality.

Well I understand your opinion but, let's just say everyone has the right to choose.

Practically THIS is a GAME it's not like you'll really going to marry a 2d girl which is totally absurd

But I can't say this for everyone since each one of us has it's own opinion and taste, whatever that is.

Anyway it's just like what Avenger had said, I mean take him for an example he likes 2d girls and wants to be with them in case he got a chance to choose which eroge he could be in. It's a fantasy but in reality he actually likes Justin Beiber.

So I don't think there's anything wrong with that ( except for the Justin Beiber thing).

^I agree with that Justin Bieber thingy...

anyway,I also don't think waifu as someone that I want to marry it's more like my favorite character overall.here's a pic that explained waifu concept..it was post

ed on 4chan /a/ board I think...

gkwjG.jpg

Okay I'm only speaking for myself but I've to disagree with a lof of things.

I obviously have a so called waifu too but I don't have any intentions of owning her. So what's mashiro for me? I'll try to keep it short. She's actually the character which I felt in love with. And I'm not meaning just finding her hot/awesome, I really have feelings for her. It's hard to explain but every time I see a picture of her I instantly feel better or want to hug her. Call me weird but that's how it is. If mashiro would be for real then I would like to have her as my girlfriend. But like I said, I'm not seeing her as an object to own. For me the word waifu desribes your feelings towards a character. And seriously, I also find this waifu of the month thread quite stupid. Like I said in one of my previous comments, mashiro is my lifetime waifu, there's no need for another one. I'm totally devoted to her. So how would I react if somebody else calls mashiro his waifu? I would be actually happy because this person must have the same tastes like me. I may have strong feelings towards mashiro but I know that she's "just" a visual novel character. And I don't have any problems with speaking about this topic because...well these are my feelings right? Why should I hide them? So yeah, maybe I'm just an exception but that's my way of handle things.

Well I hope that at least one person got what I wanted to say.

Edited by OneManArmy
Okay I'm only speaking for myself but I've to disagree with a lof of things.

I obviously have a so called waifu too but I don't have any intentions of owning her. So what's mashiro for me? I'll try to keep it short. She's actually the character which I felt in love with. And I'm not meaning just finding her awesome, I really have feelings for her. It's hard to explain but every time I see a picture of her I instantly feel better or want to hug her. Call me weird but that's how it is. If mashiro would be for real then I would like to have her as my girlfriend. But like I said, I'm not seeing her as an object to own, for me the word waifu descibes your feelings towards a character. And seriously, I also find this waifu of the month thread quiete stupid. Like I said in one of my previous comments, mashiro is my lifetime waifu, there's no need for another one. I'm totally devoted to her. So how would I react if somebody else calls mashiro his waifu? I would be actually happy because this person must have the same tastes like me. I may have strong feelings towards mashiro but I know that she's "just" a visual novel character. And I don't have any problems with speaking about this topic because...well these are my feelings right? Why should I hide them? So yeah, maybe I'm just an exception but that's my way of handle things.

Well I hope that at least one person got what I wanted to say.

Based on the protag of Chaos;Head, I'd say your definition of Waifu is closest to the Japanese one(Hope you don't take that to mean I'm comparing you to him, I'm not).

Based on the protag of Chaos;Head, I'd say your definition of Waifu is closest to the Japanese one(Hope you don't take that to mean I'm comparing you to him, I'm not).

Are you praising me or not? Not that I would care though. As for chaos;head itself, I was never able to play it.

It always screwed up after 30min of playing. This makes me a sad panda because the story sure looked nice.

And there's no meaning in comparing me to that protagonist anyway because I'm obviously far more awesome...probably.

Are you praising me or not? Not that I would care though. As for chaos;head itself, I was never able to play it.

It always screwed up after 30min of playing. This makes me a sad panda because the story sure looked nice.

And there's no meaning in comparing me to that protagonist anyway because I'm obviously far more awesome...probably.

I guess you could consider that praising you, since I'm saying your definition of waifu is closest to the original.