What's your perfect imaginary game?

As above...

My perfect game would be these though, a devil may cry / mech warrior / visual novel.

It would have 50/50 mission ratio of onfoot action and huge mech action, with intermission in visual novel style with the background in aftermath of eldritch invasion... where the enemy is numbered in thousands, and you have to do everything just to stay alive...

Mine is pretty much impossible, and involves more the developers than the game itself. Give me a game in a world envisoned by Kinoko Nasu and Brandon Sanderson and Guy Gavriel Kay. A game written by Scott Lynch (plot), Jim Butcher (dialogue), and Night Watch-era Terry Pratchett (fucking everything). A game animated by ufotable with a blank check and a Miyazaki-like vision. A game scored by Yuki Kajiura, with collaboration from KOKIA and Akiko Shikata and Yasunori Mitsuda. Give it difficulty ranging from "challenging but beatable" to "Atlus and IntSys' horrible lovechild". Gameplay? The bastard child of Eien no Aselia's rapidly adjustable squad-based strategy and the Tales series' real time combat.

God I would play the hell out of that. If even two of those people teamed up...

Alternately, a 100% completed Dwarf Fortress. With an orchestral score. That would make the above look like goddamn E.T.

My perfect game is my game idea I have in my head for the past idk how many years but it's epic! The gameplay is.... well singleplayer is well is FPS when using non melee weapons and TPS for when your close range. Also it's open world with a huge map (it accommodates 3 campaigns (4 in the two sequals)). Multiplayer is... well a open world shooter MMO.

The setting is (starting at the first game) is around 500 years after a nuclear apocalypse. Radiation isn't really a problem since everything adapted to having it around, including humans. But there are 3.... Species? (Idk what else to call 'em). Humans, who have better weapons and tech, Beasts (The easiest way to describe them is a tailless agile werewolf) who are the fastest and has the best close range out of the other 2, and Zombies (Smart zombies. Like they can think as well as people), which only dies like all zombies do... headshot :p. There is a fouth one in the two sequals, and those are andriods. Which a few in number (Since it takes a rare material to run the AI's processor and 90% aren't able to think very well. The other 10% are the ones the player plays as) but very powerful. It only took 100 years for technology to get back to the level it was before the nukes fell so technology is more advanced then now.

Now the life system revolves around your armor. No armor, your gonna die in a single shot in the gut with a pistol. So really realistic. Your armor is what keeps you alive in a firefight. There's light armor, which gives you full movement as if you had no armor on, but of course your not gonna survive long out in the open. Then there is medium armor which slows your down but also got decent protection. Then there is heavy which nulls atleast 75% percent of the damage done to it but you move as slow as a snail (not literally).

Then the damage types. There is two main damage types, normal and plasma (I need something better to call it haha). Normal comes from bullets and metal melee weapons while plasma comes laser wepons and laser melee weapons. Armor usually focus on blocking damage from one type but isn't able to block the other. Normal is a little weaker then plasma but alot more common. Then there is 5 sub damage types in two categories. In the first category there is slashing, crushing, and piercing damage. Crush is able to do more damage to the armor but slower to kill. Pierce does little damage to the armor but focuses in killing the target through their armor. Though the armor has to be damaged first before it's able to deal a killing blow. Then slashing is basically in between crush and pierce. In the second category there fire and electric damage. Those are there to help cause extra damage and aren't very common.

Now I never sat down and worked out the details but thats generally what my game idea is and is very ambitious in size (especially the 3rd game. That one takes place in space :p) Hopefully it's be possible to do in 10 years (It's probably possible now but I doubt it would be up to my expectations) and even better if I could turn this into a virtual reality game. That'd be even more epic! Though I doubt that's gonna happen.

TL;DR version:

My perfect game is the one that it's my head and hope to create someday.

Edited by superBlast

Perfection huh?

If the game is perfect then i wouldn't want to play any other game and it would incorporate all aspects of gaming i like. Hard to say.

Definitely need anime style graphics and cut scenes, open -world exploration , multiple diverging quest lines and an awesome story line .

What I meant is, perfect according to you

And how the hell am I supposed to know what's perfect for me? Of course, I could just write down all the things I like but this doesn't make a game perfect. So let's answer your question like this : My perfect imaginary game is...perfect.

There is no perfect game for me either.

I love Visual Novel's just as much as these short games like Touhou or Megaman,

which you can play over and over again, just to get better.

Those two are impossible to work together, so no perfect game for me.

One of the traits of my Perfect game would be one which automatically writes itself, but as for the Game itself, I don't really have a perfect one, the only thing that stops me from liking a game for to long is that it would become boring so I'd stop playing it.

One of the traits of my Perfect game would be one which automatically writes itself, but as for the Game itself, I don't really have a perfect one, the only thing that stops me from liking a game for to long is that it would become boring so I'd stop playing it.

see onemanarmy??? got an ally here... ahahahah

Everything gets boring even if it's perfect because it's the same over again, that's why if the game continues to write itself that I'd never get bored of it because its a never ending stream of perfectism :D

Everything gets boring even if it's perfect because it's the same over again, that's why if the game continues to write itself that I'd never get bored of it because its a never ending stream of perfectism :D

The same thing everyday???

The same thing everyday???

Game rewriting itself = A different thing everyday, basically there is no end to the game unless I wanted one. ( Which I wouldn't, Cus it's perfect. )