• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some updates:

- Added Hatsuyuki Sakura OP

- Kamikaze Explorer: Common route TL done, editing 50%, Manami's route 33%

- Seinarukana:

Seinarukana isn't actually going through re-translation. The new translator's simply going over the old translator's stuff to make sure it's consistent. Which is good because re-translating would take much much longer.

Quote tlwiki...

>A new translator has been found and is making decent progress. In the interests of consistency and overall quality, the new translator is overhauling the old translators' work before completing the translation. There have also been some changes to the rest of the staff.

Seinarukana:

Seinarukana isn't actually going through re-translation. The new translator's simply going over the old translator's stuff to make sure it's consistent. Which is good because re-translating would take much much longer.

Quote tlwiki...

>A new translator has been found and is making decent progress. In the interests of consistency and overall quality, the new translator is overhauling the old translators' work before completing the translation. There have also been some changes to the rest of the staff.

At least some good news from JAST for once...

if you watched Majikoi anime..

you should noticed that they actually gave you KOKORO's route >.>

Wait now I'm confused, I was waiting to play Majikoi S because I wanted to watch the Agave route in the anime first. Should I not now? I would rather not ruin Kokoro's route.

No anime ever does justice to their respective VNs.

Except for very very few, like EF. Mostly the animes tend to take the comedic parts and discard the serious part of the VN. In EF they tried (as much as they could) the other way around, and for overall I think it managed to do justice to the VN.

In EF they tried (as much as they could) the other way around, and for overall I think it managed to do justice to the VN.

Wat? I mean sure, it's your opinion and I accept it, but again, wat? A lot of scenes were changed or left out which pretty much destroyed Yuuko's route. Where was my awesome church scene? Where was my awesome ending? Where was my awesome...duh. So yeah, how can you say that the anime does justice to the VN if it doesn't even follow the original storyline and if it destroys the climax of the game (Yuuko's route)?

PS : If somebody's interested, here's the game ending : Ef Game Epilogue for Natsu, never forget me babe~.mkv

Don't watch it if you didn't finish the game or the anime. Oh and that Natsu is a user I forgot about.

Moogy shares his wisdom with the VN community over Dra+Koi:

I changed my mind and decided to go back over the game and properly revise and QC it because Ixrec was translating it. From there I asked Makoto about the possibility of releasing it with JAST and that's where we are at the moment.

Also, you guys are a bunch of ungrateful faggots, holy shit. If you really think it's gonna take years to release, then go learn Japanese? People like you idiots honestly disgust me, you flock to anything with a translation project and demand instant results despite the fact that you're just going to pirate it anyway.

And why should I not be selfish? I spent hours a day working on the translation for nearly a month straight, I'm not about to let someone else fuck it up by not putting in nearly as much effort. Also, you should look up the definition of "ironic."

I changed my mind and decided to go back over the game and properly revise and QC it because Ixrec was translating it.

I'm probably getting this wrong but does Moogy imply that the quality of Ixrec's translation is bad?

As for the rest of the comment, well, Moogy is just Moogy I guess.^^

Ulti's last comment

Dude, it's okay if you hate specifc persons but keep your anger to yourself becaue nobody needs comments like that. Thanks.

Edited by OneManArmy
... ... ... They seriously don't show that in the anime? REALLY?

No and iirc then...

Random text so that you won't be able to read the content of the spoiler when looking at the activity stream.

[spoiler= which you're not supposed to open unless you finished anime or game]...Yuuko's not even pregnant in the anime. But (as you probably know) that unborn child is very important for the story because it allowed Yuuko to visit the earth again. [insert explanation here]. In the anime she's just there...because of whatever reasons lol.

Guess it was too hardcore.

That's probably the reason BUT it's not an excuse!!! >.

Edited by OneManArmy

^

I've never watched the anime of it and never will, but I agree that [spoiler=ef VN/anime]It's kinda silly they skipped the "pregnant" part, they could have just implied it in the end, that would suffice. For me, that "reveal" at the end really sealed the deal for the whole VN, it wrapped up the overall story nicely.

Edited by killerinsidee

Regarding Ef: Excluding that big scene they don't show (yes, it pissed me off too) , I thought both melodies and memories were pretty well done.

Damn, this is really off-topic.

Edited by desi
White Fox did an amazing job at adapting th VN material, hardly leaving something (if anything) out.

It so well adapted to the point where picking between the two is largely a matter of personal taste.

What about the poor Nae who had her content cut in both S;G and R;N adaptations?

Also the last episodes didn't have too much explanations and because of that people liked "bad"/Kurisu ending more than the True one.

As much as we like to hate on Jast, a lot of the delay is purely on Nitro+'s end.

It's 5pb./MAGES company actually which is slowing the release.

THAT RED-COLORED STUFF

No, it wasn't translated by Aaeru.

Hacking was done by REtrans International and the translator is a person that goes by the name of Ren.

But before you go ahead and play, you need to understand that this is not a good translation. From what I’ve seen, the sentences are too unnatural to be proper English. You can still glance the meaning so in that sense I consider it playable, but I would suggest skim reading it to keep your sanity intact.