Visual Novels Translation Status [05/26/2013]

Mangagamer is going to announce one of those new titles tonight at 10 PM. They just announced it through their main twitter account. Chances are it's a nukige, bleh. I imagine they want to save their more important announcements for Otakon and Anime Expo.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after all the other announcements they have made, it would be good for them to at least announce 1 story title. Considering how many unannounced titles they have, it won't hurt them.

So your saying there is a chance.

Yes, but then you're in the land of truly tiny probabilities, like:

P(MG actually announcing a good game like Tayutama) = ~(10E-10)^4.77E27 (*); an absurdly low number.

If you're interested, this is also the probability of all the particles that make up my body moving in such a way to allow me to spontaneously walk through half a metre of concrete. Basically, it's not likely. That said, miracles are known to occasionally happen, and if MG did announce Tayutama, that would make me very happy.

*The 10E-10 is a completely made up number. I'm too lazy to actually calculate the probability of a single particle moving through half a metre of concrete...Just understand that it's very small.

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
Tonight's announcement is one of our Softhouse Seal titles.

Tonight's is actually weird. It's a SHS title, so I expected nukige. But it has a plot. =x

Granted, every single time I thought it might be starting to turn into a story game it provided me with a sex scene.

Edited by strom
Look OMA, another Lumps of Sugar game you will never see translated :D, just released today.

Magical Charming!

Too bad that I don't give a fuck about Lump of Sugar's newer games. Why? Because they all seem to be uninteresting moege without any plot. The only games I'm interested in are Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora ni., Hello,good-bye and obviously Tayutama -Kiss on My Deity-.

I guess this softhouse seal title actually has "plot"

And I heard its plot is really good.

Monster Girl Quest 3 is out today!! Now just a couple of months for translation

Yep, we'll most likely see a translation around 10/2013.

The only games I'm interested in are Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora ni..

[spoiler=Itsusora]

Then, sadly and bizarrely, the actual routes are just plain badly written. More often than not twenty pages will say what could easily fit into five sentences.Some fairly lengthy scenes have no discernible purpose, and several that should have one somehow fail to add the slightest detail to what we already knew.

Also, what he said about the short story that unlocks after playing all of the routes

Seems like even the great Ixrec can't understand what Shumon Yuu wrote. So any hopes of an English translation of Itsusora are now perfectly destroyed. Only Moogy claims that he could fully comprehend the story, and like hell he will translate it. (He practically put Itsusora under the "impossible tier") So yeah, realistically speaking there won't be any Itsusora translation for the next 1000 years. I'm not kidding.

Ixrec gave 6/10 for Itsusora. Moogy gave 9.1/10

Even if people learn/knows Jap, I doubt they will enjoy/understand Itsusora though. But this is just my personal opinion.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

An interview wth Koryuu from MangaGamer.

Something worth mentioning from it:

Q: Something more personal at the end – any chances to see any games of Lilith Soft in your offer? I’m asking because they’re my favorite visual novel company.

A: Stay tuned to our upcoming announcements. You might be surprised.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

^

No fucking way, T&W and Himekishi Lilia plz.

Maybe I'll be eating my words later, but from what I remember, Lilith/Pixy were really against putting out any of their works uncensored.

Edited by killerinsidee

Definitely looks interesting. People will probably still find a way to bitch about it being all ages though. Playism is the website that was launched by AGM (AGM runs Moenovel, the one that is doing Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete)

I don't think All Ages is a problem in itself for the fanbase. Clannad's and Steins;Gate's ratings on vndb speak for themselves. But censorship really freaks the fans out (as we could see in the threads). At least All Ages titles can't have removed H-Scenes...