What eroges are you playing right now?

Very depressing. The route where they forever separate? That's the good end.

Currently playing Taimanin Asagi. Unfortunately for some reason the game sort of flickers (that's the only way to describe it) whenever I try to fast-forward the text, meaning that it goes about as fast as if I were just clicking with the mouse.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Cute characters (Rika = Best). Lovely music. PS2 art is nice. NVL style is good.

A very ominous moment occured not too long ago.

Edit: Also, sound effects = incredible. The cry of the Higurashi...

o// you did it!

As for what I myself am playing myself right now, I continued Higurashi after some time myself! (tsumiboroshi ep 6) I watched the anime so I'm spoiled, but it's still fun to read through it... I gathered it was ideal to play after the godly MLA, because this VN can't really be ruined since I'm spoiled anyway.

how did you do that? :o I remember it having a enforced playing order, was I wrong....

Doesn't look like you're wrong. See?

shit ive been caught...well i didnt really like the sister when i started it so i skipped her route but for completions sake im going suck it up and conquer her ;)

ah nice! It's not as good as G senjou and through I haven't played it, Sharin must be better too. But I kinda liked it, the onee-chan is annoying as hell, but the other 2 routes were pretty good. I hope you don't mind: [spoiler=small tag spoiler] NTR

through....

Oh yeah, just wanted to say that

A Profile spoiler, don't read if you haven't finished it.

[spoiler=AProfile]It doesn't have NTR. She's a prostitute when she isn't in a relationship with him. Didn't like that route though.

Edited by desi

...did the earlier post I made here get eaten? Ah, well. Anyway, I sadly can't join in on the Rewrite party, because it seems to be just one of many games that won't run on my Mac (I'm using Wine, but unfortunately not everything will work with that).

Currently playing Sharin no Kuni hoping to get the thing finished already. I'm finally on chapter 5, and it's finally starting to get good. Not as good as G-Senjou's ending, but I'm still enjoying it. It doesn't quite make up for the mess that was Touka's chapter, though. Still trying to decide if it's worth it to get all of the endings...

Here's the problem I have with Touka's chapter that's making it impossible for me to fully enjoy the rest of the game. Under spoilers for anyone who hasn't played it yet, and I should warn for mentions of child abuse:

At the end of her chapter, there's the scene where Kyouko is yelling at Touka about how she's abused her, and Touka takes it all in. If this were presented as Touka forgiving Kyouko, I would have no problem with it. But that's not what happened, and that's why I have a major problem with it. Forgiveness would imply that Touka understood and accepted that Kyouko abused her. She did neither. She claimed that Kyouko never abused her.

Let's look at this for a second. Here's the thing: Kyouko DID abuse Touka. The burn she gave Touka was done on purpose, or so the game all but says. She's unstable and has been known to fly off the handle with little to no warning. She has the mentality of a child who doesn't understand that people think differently from her, and does not know how to raise a child effectively. If she IS to raise Touka, it should require a lot of counseling before she'll actually be okay. And there's nothing indicating that Kyouko won't once again lose her temper without warning and start abusing Touka again.

I don't actually mind Kyouko, because she KNOWS she's abused Touka and she can't forgive herself for it, and that's why she tries to drive Touka out. Touka, however, ignores this. She claims that Kyouko never abused her. She says that, if her mother hurt her, it must have been because she herself had done something wrong.

That's not love or forgiveness. It's a symptom of child abuse and it's dangerous. Kyouko even SAYS this is a symptom of child abuse. But the game completely ignores this in favor of letting Touka stay with Kyouko even though it's not the safest option for either of them.

But then once Touka's chapter is over, everything is all fine and dandy and both of them are getting along perfectly happy with no problems, because their story is done. Despite the fact that there should realistically be a lot of lingering problems if this arrangement is to work out.

I'm not expecting realism, here. But the game totally overlooking this is where I draw the line.

TL;DR there's only so far I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, and this crosses that line. This chapter is the reason it's taking me months to get through the game, and frankly I'm a bit surprised that I've never seen it brought it up in discussion anywhere on the internet.

With Muv-Luv finished, and waiting for that final episode of the TE anime to come out on xmas eve, I've decided to cleanse my palate as it were, with Clannad.

Years ago I watched the anime and fell in love with the simple aesthetics of the story. The all ages bit however kept me from delving into the novel. I think at this point I need to experience it even without the adult content, so I'm playing and so far, enjoying. I think the part that gets me the most is the music... that darn dango song. x.x

Now if they would just hurry up and finish translating the Air VN. Playing Clannad like this keeps reminding me of how much I liked those two anime. Nearly the only ones in this typical slice of life genre that I feel so strongly about.

F-Finished Shizuru's route as well. It w-was freaking awesome, I mean it. I h-have to say, it was wa~~~y more e-emotional than Kotori's, even though her route was p-pretty good as well, in my opinion. N-Now onto Chihaya's route, but b-before that, I have to go to the b-bathroom, I have a little p-problem with my eyes.

http://i.imgur.com/D70R0.jpg

Playing Rewrite right now. Finished Kotori route, very interesting and emotional but I missed an epilogue. Deardrops, LEAVEs and Swan song on hold until I finish Rewrite. Deardrops specially is consuming a lot of my patience. The Kanade route seems to go on forever without changes, where is my dere-dere osananajimi? I want my money back! ^^ Swan song is really interesting at first but becomes boring really quick, especially when the protagonist view changes to that Kuwagata, I utterly despise this kind of character, there is a limit on how much a loser you can be! Kara no shoujo will be my next target!

Swan song is really interesting at first but becomes boring really quick, especially when the protagonist view changes to that Kuwagata, I utterly despise this kind of character, there is a limit on how much a loser you can be!

Are you talking about that nerd guy? He was awesome, character development ftw! \o/