What have we learned?

Browsing through the eroge forums I have realized the deep mental and perhaps social impact eroge has taken on me. This, I do not say in a regretful or remorseful way. I'm living my life in a way that I myself chose. Rather, the story and moral and perhaps immoral decisions in the games have made me a better writer and a better conversationalist. So, cutting to the chase, I would like this thread to be about the more or less inspiring or mild affects eroge's have had in our lives.....and yeah, I was bored.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned a few phrases in japanese and get alot of ideas for any story writing i'll do... eventually... Besides that i learned that no matter how hard i try i'll never get the harem route in real life and that i have a problem of wanting to unlock all cgs in any eroge i play xD

I belive I'm unconciously starting to understand japanese a little, just hearing, writing is in a different level, I mean, if I see a raw h-ova or series I kind of understand what the characters are saying lol.

I belive I'm unconciously starting to understand japanese a little, just hearing, writing is in a different level, I mean, if I see a raw h-ova or series I kind of understand what the characters are saying lol.

I know exactly what you mean. I took 3 years of Japanese, but I probably would have lost it all if it weren't for the 300 anime and 50 VNs I've inhaled.

I learned that it's to be expected for an average guy to pique the interest of a multitude of attractive girls at once, that absolutely everyone fits a certain character archetype, that coming inside will instantly force any girl to orgasm, that Japan is full of western-style mansions where a maid's duties extend far beyond cleaning and cooking, that television adaptions are always a poor depiction of what really happened (if they aren't outright lies), that everyone speaks Japanese regardless of nationality, that the average penis length is inches beyond mine, and that upon dying we will be allowed to return to our last choice.

This knowledge continues to serve me well.

Most importantly, though, after giving up on books ages ago I learned that I do still enjoy to read.

wow never thought someone could really get emotional over eroges, that's wonderful, you learned a lot by playing eroges right? Well as for me, i think most eroges teach me a lot as well, from conversation, to self thought, for me eroge has the same level as an anime, (well sometimes higher and sometimes lower, depend on the presentation), and eroge has a bonus, which is make they become perfect, they are wonderful in their own respective way, and each of them teach me a lot about, well.. how to properly think i guess.

I learned to think better before speaking, you know, one wrong comment and game over!

Also I like how most of the games come with their own personal message, maybe the heaviest one for me was Clannad... that game has a lot of content to analize about life, family and how to overcome your troubles.

I've learned a few phrases in japanese and get alot of ideas for any story writing i'll do... eventually... Besides that i learned that no matter how hard i try i'll never get the harem route in real life and that i have a problem of wanting to unlock all cgs in any eroge i play xD

i thought i got a harem route a few years ago, my grand father's house used to be a dorm, girls dorm, then i went there for a vacation and because i had no room ti sleep, then i had to sleep in one of the girl's room with the owner inside, there were 5 or more girls.. each room,

I learned to think better before speaking, you know, one wrong comment and game over!

Also I like how most of the games come with their own personal message, maybe the heaviest one for me was Clannad... that game has a lot of content to analize about life, family and how to overcome your troubles.

yeah that's right, talking without thinking is all i did in the past and i did make tons of mistakes and man that was annoying, many things i don't want to remember flash up in my brain when there's something that reminds me of it, and most of that unhappy memories are because i wasn't thinking before doing or saying anything back then, eroges taught me about that :D think, it's simple but it is not that easy, people tend to lose themselves sometimes.

man, talking about personal message, for some reason i think i could get some hints just by looking at the characters, maybe i am just imagining things.

I learned that it's to be expected for an average guy to pique the interest of a multitude of attractive girls at once, that absolutely everyone fits a certain character archetype, that coming inside will instantly force any girl to orgasm, that Japan is full of western-style mansions where a maid's duties extend far beyond cleaning and cooking, that television adaptions are always a poor depiction of what really happened (if they aren't outright lies), that everyone speaks Japanese regardless of nationality, that the average penis length is inches beyond mine, and that upon dying we will be allowed to return to our last choice.

This knowledge continues to serve me well.

Most importantly, though, after giving up on books ages ago I learned that I do still enjoy to read.

read and hand inside the umm pants?

yeah that's right, talking without thinking is all i did in the past and i did make tons of mistakes and man that was annoying, many things i don't want to remember flash up in my brain when there's something that reminds me of it, and most of that unhappy memories are because i wasn't thinking before doing or saying anything back then, eroges taught me about that :D think, it's simple but it is not that easy, people tend to lose themselves sometimes.

Me too, I even learned from some games that sometimes it's best to shup up and wait for a better chance... the "downside" it's that I could swear that when I conversate I tend to see menu screens on my head