What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

Yeah, I don't want to scare you away from the fandisc or anything. I think you'll love the Houzuki route, so do check that out after ever17 or whenever. It's mostly the background story of Houzuki, but it also shows some events after SNK, which is nice.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last Vn i Finished was Edelweiss. I was trying to find something funny and I guess it fit the bill. I rate it a 7.5/10. It was good, they didn't start the character development until half way through the game. They could have done better with showing the main characters face, he just looks weird with his hair covering his face. I would recommend it, but I wouldn't recommend the fan disk. It's terrible.

The last Vn i Finished was Edelweiss. I was trying to find something funny and I guess it fit the bill. I rate it a 7.5/10. It was good, they didn't start the character development until half way through the game. They could have done better with showing the main characters face, he just looks weird with his hair covering his face. I would recommend it, but I wouldn't recommend the fan disk. It's terrible.

the fundisk is the better part of edelweiss >>>

In the middle of episode 8 from MLA right now. I have to put it on hold until Wednsday afternoon now that RL has caught up to me. That's unfortunate as a VN won't be as good if you don't maintain momentum *shrug*

The visual/sound effects of this VN is intensely amplified with a 27'' screen and headphones for surround sound.

Only thing I have to say so far is.... Good god x.x

In the middle of episode 8 from MLA right now. I have to put it on hold until Wednsday afternoon now that RL has caught up to me. That's unfortunate as a VN won't be as good if you don't maintain momentum *shrug*

The visual/sound effects of this VN is intensely amplified with a 27'' screen and headphones for surround sound.

Only thing I have to say so far is.... Good god x.x

*Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

Finished Umineko no Naku Koro ni (1-4) yesterday. Epic, mysterious, funny, emotional, suspenseful, powerful, SPOT ON.

Sidenote: been using the PS3 patch.

I think it goes without saying that the story in this VN is fucking awesome. The writing is phenomenal. And as far as mystery stories go specifically - it's top of the line.

A LOT OF THINKING TO DO. ;)

A LOT.

And we like that of course! Oh man... and then there's the multitude of characters and their development, which is also spot on I would say. SO many characters that I love in there. Ryukishi is very good at creating interesting personalities and deep characters that you want to know more about. And in my case at least, the fact that it's all presented with the NVL-style of text just makes it even better. The narration is just so good and keeps me interested.

To be honest, I only really have praise for it. Yup. That's how it is. The OST in Umineko is the best I've ever heard in any VN so far. Exactly the same with the voice acting. Seriously, it's leagues better than what you find in other VNs (specifically the music). Don't believe me? Read it and you'll fucking see for yourself what I mean. Or hear, rather. Sound effects and such are also really good, just like it was in Higurashi. They add a lot to the experience. So does all the little "extras" (if you want to call them that) that you get while reading and after finishing each EP.

While I actually liked all of the EPs in Umineko Ni, 3 and 4 were just godlike pretty much. So much epic. So many speculations to make. So much pondering to do. And so many great characters. AND SO MUCH AMAZING MUSIC! Okay, that's enough gushing for now.

Any negatives about this VN?

Nope.

I mean, what? What was bad about it? YOU TELL ME. I can't think of anything. Nothing was lacking at all. There wasn't any point in the VN that I thought was genuinely boring. The story kept me hooked and will most definitely stay with me long after finishing it. The technicalities were all great (music, sound, art, characters, extras, pacing, etc.). No negative that I can think of. Again: Best music and voice acting I've ever heard in a VN. So that's two *best* even. There might even be more than two. Best story as well? Best writing? Possibly, but I think it would be fair to wait and see what it's like in Chiru first. But the story and writing so far in Umineko Ni does not disappoint whatsoever. And the characters? Good lord... ... Okay! Stopping for real this time!

Waiting for the Chiru patch now. Will be out soon enough most likely. Looking forward to that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Finished Umineko no Naku Koro ni (1-4) yesterday. Epic, mysterious, funny, emotional, suspenseful, powerful, SPOT ON.

Sidenote: been using the PS3 patch.

I think it goes without saying that the story in this VN is fucking awesome. The writing is phenomenal. And as far as mystery stories go specifically - it's top of the line.

A LOT OF THINKING TO DO. ;)

A LOT.

And we like that of course! Oh man... and then there's the multitude of characters and their development, which is also spot on I would say. SO many characters that I love in there. Ryukishi is very good at creating interesting personalities and deep characters that you want to know more about. And in my case at least, the fact that it's all presented with the NVL-style of text just makes it even better. The narration is just so good and keeps me interested.

To be honest, I only really have praise for it. Yup. That's how it is. The OST in Umineko is the best I've ever heard in any VN so far. Exactly the same with the voice acting. Seriously, it's leagues better than what you find in other VNs (specifically the music). Don't believe me? Read it and you'll fucking see for yourself what I mean. Or hear, rather. Sound effects and such are also really good, just like it was in Higurashi. They add a lot to the experience. So does all the little "extras" (if you want to call them that) that you get while reading and after finishing each EP.

While I actually liked all of the EPs in Umineko Ni, 3 and 4 were just godlike pretty much. So much epic. So many speculations to make. So much pondering to do. And so many great characters. AND SO MUCH AMAZING MUSIC! Okay, that's enough gushing for now.

Any negatives about this VN?

Nope.

I mean, what? What was bad about it? YOU TELL ME. I can't think of anything. Nothing was lacking at all. There wasn't any point in the VN that I thought was genuinely boring. The story kept me hooked and will most definitely stay with me long after finishing it. The technicalities were all great (music, sound, art, characters, extras, pacing, etc.). No negative that I can think of. Again: Best music and voice acting I've ever heard in a VN. So that's two *best* even. There might even be more than two. Best story as well? Best writing? Possibly, but I think it would be fair to wait and see what it's like in Chiru first. But the story and writing so far in Umineko Ni does not disappoint whatsoever. And the characters? Good lord... ... Okay! Stopping for real this time!

Waiting for the Chiru patch now. Will be out soon enough most likely. Looking forward to that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Will you marry me Harle? After you read Chiru of course

I mean, what? What was bad about it? YOU TELL ME.

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you asked, I guess I have to.

Before I do, I should tell you that I've played the first 2 eps with the ps3 patches.

And some things people should know:

1. THE ORIGINAL ART WAS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. That includes the character sprites and the backgrounds. You can't just ignore that.

2. The original game didn't have voices, one of the things you said was the best about it

These were both "fixed" by the ps3 port/ps3 patch, but people should be aware of how much these aspects of the game were changed by the patch.

I'll try not to put any spoilers out in the open.

OK, negatives:

1. The translation really needs some editing. There were mistakes everywhere. This problem probably didn't exist in the Japanese game, but we can't know for sure. What I do know for sure is that bad translation negatively impacts the way I experience the game. If you were reading a real book and it's full of spelling and grammatical errors, wouldn't it distract you from the actual content of the story? It's not nearly as bad as Edelweiss 1.0, but it is almost as bad as Ever17 without the additional typo/spelling/etc patch.

2. You said there was no point in the game that you found "genuinely boring," but I found a few parts of it to be pretty bad in that respect. Certain conversations that the siblings have go on for far too long. The beginning of ep 2 is also very boring. I can't elaborate without spoilers.

[spoiler=umineko ep1&2]When I say "conversations," I'm mainly referring to the ones about the inheritance. They just drag on and on. I understand how it's important to the plot, but they're still so long that I get incredibly bored during them and can only continue on out of love for battler. The beginning of ep 2 is all the stuff that gives backstory for other characters before the family meeting. Seeing stuff from the other characters' viewpoints is just not as good as Battler's parts. I understand again how it's important to the story, and changing the viewpoint isn't bad in itself (it's used effectively in other parts of the ep, and the first ep), but there was too long a period without Battler in the beginning of ep 2. Another part of that is the George-Shannon romance. Jessica tells Shannon she should be in love with George, so she decides she is, then George falls in love with her because she says something nice about her. And that's before the witch gets involved, so you can't blame it on magic.

3. Ryukishi is a pretty great writer, but he makes mistakes too.

[spoiler=umineko ep2]The one that was really obvious was when Battler was talking about the Devil's Proof, then shortly after that George, talking to Battler, said "what Rudolf oji-san called a Devil's Proof," as if it was Rudolf that had brought it up, rather than Battler.

I had some more stuff to say but I can't remember it anymore. I got distracted several times while writing this (that's ADD for you).

But anyway, I think I said most of what I wanted to say.

Also, I love this game. The story, characters, and music are all great (especially the music). I just wanted to point out that this game is not perfect and people that might play this game should not go in expecting perfection because they will be let down if they do. Also, you asked me to tell you.

Before I do, I should tell you that I've played the first 2 eps with the ps3 patches.

1. THE ORIGINAL ART WAS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. That includes the character sprites and the backgrounds. You can't just ignore that.

2. The original game didn't have voices, one of the things you said was the best about it

These were both "fixed" by the ps3 port/ps3 patch, but people should be aware of how much these aspects of the game were changed by the patch.

OK, negatives:

1. The translation really needs some editing. There were mistakes everywhere. This problem probably didn't exist in the Japanese game, but we can't know for sure. What I do know for sure is that bad translation negatively impacts the way I experience the game. If you were reading a real book and it's full of spelling and grammatical errors, wouldn't it distract you from the actual content of the story? It's not nearly as bad as Edelweiss 1.0, but it is almost as bad as Ever17 without the additional typo/spelling/etc patch.

2. You said there was no point in the game that you found "genuinely boring," but I found a few parts of it to be pretty bad in that respect. Certain conversations that the siblings have go on for far too long. The beginning of ep 2 is also very boring. I can't elaborate without spoilers.

[spoiler=umineko ep1&2]When I say "conversations," I'm mainly referring to the ones about the inheritance. They just drag on and on. I understand how it's important to the plot, but they're still so long that I get incredibly bored during them and can only continue on out of love for battler. The beginning of ep 2 is all the stuff that gives backstory for other characters before the family meeting. Seeing stuff from the other characters' viewpoints is just not as good as Battler's parts. I understand again how it's important to the story, and changing the viewpoint isn't bad in itself (it's used effectively in other parts of the ep, and the first ep), but there was too long a period without Battler in the beginning of ep 2. Another part of that is the George-Shannon romance. Jessica tells Shannon she should be in love with George, so she decides she is, then George falls in love with her because she says something nice about her. And that's before the witch gets involved, so you can't blame it on magic.

[spoiler=umineko ep2]The one that was really obvious was when Battler was talking about the Devil's Proof, then shortly after that George, talking to Battler, said "what Rudolf oji-san called a Devil's Proof," as if it was Rudolf that had brought it up, rather than Battler.

I had some more stuff to say but I can't remember it anymore. I got distracted several times while writing this (that's ADD for you).

Also, I love this game. The story, characters, and music are all great (especially the music). I just wanted to point out that this game is not perfect and people that might play this game should not go in expecting perfection because they will be let down if they do. Also, you asked me to tell you.

play the rest, period. and as for the the fact things that coincedence.... [spoiler=umineko] with what happens on the game board: ''unreliable narrator''

of course it's understandle if you don't like it as much though, we all have different tastes!

Edited by radiantmadness

OK, negatives:

Well, I didn't have any problems with the translation. And did not find those parts boring that you mentioned either.

You're right though, the patch does affect things. No voice acting and such without it. That's why I said I used it! :D

I just want to say again that I do really like Umineko and I think it's really good.

Didn't negatively impact you with Clannad! :p

Clannad is the best VN ever.

Clannad is the best VN ever. But the terrible translation definitely did negatively impact me. I could have enjoyed it even more with a better translation.

Burn the witch!

Yes, let's do that.

I sense a change in conversational topic will benefit everyone, and significantly decrease the amount of bloodshed :p

I just finished ever17. Definitely deserving of it's praise, a stupendous VN. I just had a couple of minor questions that were running around my head. I think I answered them pretty much, but I was just wondering what other people thought.

Ever17 End Game Spoilers

1. Did we ever find anything out about Coco's Father/Mother? We know that her father worked at the lab, but I don't think we're given more than that, and it's unclear whether he survived or not.

2. Did the Sora in 2034 have the memories of the Sora from 2017; was she was just working with You'Hara' to bring forth BW?

3. How did Sora get a body? She says it's a miracle and references the story that You told back in 2017, I think, but nothing more than that...

I sense a change in conversational topic will benefit everyone, and significantly decrease the amount of bloodshed :p

I just finished ever17. Definitely deserving of it's praise, a stupendous VN. I just had a couple of minor questions that were running around my head. I think I answered them pretty much, but I was just wondering what other people thought.

Ever17 End Game Spoilers

1. Did we ever find anything out about Coco's Father/Mother? We know that her father worked at the lab, but I don't think we're given more than that, and it's unclear whether he survived or not.

2. Did the Sora in 2034 have the memories of the Sora from 2017; was she was just working with You'Hara' to bring forth BW?

3. How did Sora get a body? She says it's a miracle and references the story that You told back in 2017, I think, but nothing more than that...

1. i can't really remember this one, maybe desi will know.

2. i think it was explicitly stated that she did not have her memories, so that the conditions would be the same as the first time

3. robot body