The World God Only Knows

神のみぞ知るセカイ(Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac147/danisco123/anime%20preview/67424.jpg

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid bishōjo game player. He is known on the Internet as "The God of Conquests" (落とし神 Otoshi-gami) for his legendary skills to be able to "conquer" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ, "glasses"), and is considered nothing but an intelligent yet gloomy geek with glasses.

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "conquer" girls. When he accepts it, thinking it is an invitation to a game, a demon from Hell named Elsie appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching runaway spirits: Loose Souls. These spirits hide themselves inside the hearts of girls, and Elsie suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "conquering" the girls hearts, making them fall in love with him and filling up the gaps which the runaway spirits hide in. Interested only in video game girls, however, Keima is appalled by the idea, and refuses the assignment as he has no romantic real life experiences whatsoever. Nevertheless, with the contract already agreed, Keima has no choice but to help Elsie no matter what, as they will be beheaded if they fail.

Aside from focusing on Keima and Elsie's adventures on capturing spirits, the series also makes fun and parodying common and popular cliches about dating sims, anime character stereotypes, and pop culture.

Keima is one of us as VN gamer.

Exept for the part that none of us has the luxury of giving up on reality and play VNs all day lol.

Unless you want to be a VN debugger in Japan. >D I haven't read the manga, and therefore don't know what he's going to do about getting through life after graduating high school (if that was ever even brought up), but I'm guessing that is what he'll do.

I've watched both seasons of this, and if/when it comes back I'll watch more. I quite liked it, but was disappointing at how preachy it becomes at points in the 2nd season.

Kemia was all but a real Kami in the first season, using his mind and VN experience to guide real life situations. He had a good grasp of the difference btween reality and games, and just preferred the games. However in the 2nd season they decided this wasn't realistic or something, and so had the viewers be bombarded with how horrible it was that he played these games all the time, and how he was just killing himself by playing them.

It irritated me a bit as a fan of the first season, and of VNs in general. I don't know if the manga took the same route, but I could see corporate pr written all over it and it makes me wonder if that was from the creator or from the publisher/producers.

All and all its a good show...If you haven't heard the joke.....I am posting a pic...

O.O...The harem you are about to attach is too large and still under construction the image could not be uploaded.

P.S. It's a great anime and manga.

You can resize the picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5kJ7YKSDpc

How many PFP's does Keima have?

it was plenty as you think

Exept for the part that none of us has the luxury of giving up on reality and play VNs all day lol.

Or does any of the techniques actually work in real life, much less on like 20 different girls. Neither do we have sexy devils like HAQUA falling for us :(

114123.jpg

To damn cute.

• 2 weeks later...
How many PFP's does Keima have?

LOL, I remember that scene where his teacher takes it and he pulls out another one and it keeps happening over and over. Hold on, I'm gonna find it, I'll be right back...

...10 minutes later:

I found it, it's season 2 episode 9, about 7:13. I made a gif:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1907&d=1332087865

PFP.gif

LOL, I remember that scene where his teacher takes it and he pulls out another one and it keeps happening over and over. Hold on, I'm gonna find it, I'll be right back...

...10 minutes later:

I lol'd when i saw that scene, damn he has a lot of psp's :p

...10 minutes later:

he got infinite PFP!!! :p

I thought that they were making season 3 for this since they just made some preview of some of the girls for the next arcs

What happened to that are they cancelling it? Or they just simply didn't plan to make a season3 from the start?

I thought that they were making season 3 for this since they just made some preview of some of the girls for the next arcs

What happened to that are they cancelling it? Or they just simply didn't plan to make a season3 from the start?

It depended on the BD/DVD sales. They made the preview just in case, since they can't predict how it will sell. Season 1 had a similar preview(Haqua), but the sales were decent. Season 2 sales were not that great, so they currently have no plans to make the 3rd season.

At the very end of the OVA Elsie says "Tsu..zu..ku" which means - to be continued, but they could just be trolling us :p

Edited by killerinsidee
  • 2 months later...

Wait a sec, I remember reading somewhere that the third season had been green lit. If they don't continue this series it'll just be another one to add to the pile of great and permenently incomplete series.

Only ones I have in that pile currently are: Sekirei (No third season yet), Princess Resurrection (Del Ray stopped at vol. seven), and High School of the Dead (on hiatus)

In the episode 00 (or whatever you want to call it) they showed the first 8 conquest,

but the two season only reach 7.

I want Tsukiyo route T_T

The problem is, even if they make season 3, it would still not reach the good parts of the manga. If season 3 was Tenri, Tsukiyo and Manami (and some other random stuff), it would just end at the start of the "main arc".

Also, they didn't show any conquests in episode 0.

Edited by killerinsidee
  • 1 month later...