Visual Novels Translation Status [Weekly Updated][05/27/2012]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What the hell? It's like : "Hey, just forget fuck about it, so take off your clothes."

I think that's exactly what this saying is talking about.

so true...

a rare moment

A rare moment where nobu's nonsense is pretty funny.

RARE MOMENT?!

Overall progress for Period went up to 94.83%

It looks like we're getting a partial translation patch of Air this weekend.

Air Translation Project - gemot encubed

Also, Kud Wafter translator has got the scripts and is about to start the translation.

Script Dumped! Translation Begins… « Project Wafuu

I'm glad to see something is happening with Air.

I heard Kud Wafter was pretty bad; things like they ruined the character because the writers were different. I'll have to wait and see.

I heard Kud Wafter was pretty bad; things like they ruined the character because the writers were different. I'll have to wait and see.

I heard exactly the same thing. Well I won't read it anyway.

I'm glad to see something is happening with Air.

Same here. I would be also happy about some progress when it comes to 11eyes.

Why the hell can't you guys hold all of your autism flood somewhere in Social section, this thread is for VN news discussion.

Agreed.

Also, Kud Wafter translator has got the scripts and is about to start the translation.

Script Dumped! Translation Begins… « Project Wafuu

Hopefully this won't end up like Sumaga Special.

Back on topic: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Hane has got an English translation, patch is available here. You can get a prepatched version of the game at NyaaTorrents >> (C81) Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Hane (with english patch!).

Read the Readme.rtf because NScripter (original game engine) clones (such as ONScripter used for translation) don't have a menu and need a keyboard for navigation.

Alternatively, an ISO is available here: NyaaTorrents >> (C81)[同人ゲーム](07th Expansion) うみねこのなく頃に羽

That patch is bugged for me. I can't see any background images or sprites at all, only black screen with text. The un-patched (original) game works fine.

Edit: Solved the problem. Before applying the English patch. Rename arc.nsa (from the game folder) to arc1.nsa, then copy the contents of the patch into the folder. You can do it the other way around - renaming the english arc.nsa to arc1.nsa but then the Title screen is untranslated, but the rest of the game is.

Also, in case any1 is wondering, the save files are located at C:\ProgramData\ONScripter-EN\UminekoHane

Edit2: Nvm, I'm stupid. I copied the contents of the patch folder to the main folder. Oh well, both ways work :>

Edited by killerinsidee
Hmm? Are you somehow implying I'm going to drop it? Cause that ain't happening. Not anytime soon.

Good news then. My point was that a lot of people are very eager to translate and when they realize how much work it is, they stall/drop it.

To put it politely, the project's future doesn't seem very bright for us end users.

You're working alone on the project of about the same size as Chaos;Head, Kara no Shoujo, Wind, MuvLuv Unl. etc. (TLWiki, sort by line count) made by Nitro+ which is in partnership with JAST USA.

You have to be really, and I mean REALLY determined to make this happen despite the odds.

I've seen enough projects with better perspectives die/stall indefinitely, so I'm very sceptical about this one. I'll be glad if you prove me wrong, though. Best of luck, 'cause you'll need it.

wow, that game's a lot bigger than i thought. and you're doing it alone?

To put it politely, the project's future doesn't seem very bright for us end users.

You're working alone on the project of about the same size as Chaos;Head, Kara no Shoujo, Wind, MuvLuv Unl. etc. (TLWiki, sort by line count) made by Nitro+ which is in partnership with JAST USA.

You have to be really, and I mean REALLY determined to make this happen despite the odds.

I've seen enough projects with better perspectives die/stall indefinitely, so I'm very sceptical about this one. I'll be glad if you prove me wrong, though. Best of luck, 'cause you'll need it.

Line counts on TLWiki are automatic, which menas they probably just count the total lines in the script (or just the ones containing japanese symbols) and output that. Which means it's probably counting all the fuckton of comments and functions the script has in the middle of actual lines, making the count not that precise. I've already played the game so I know how long it is, and it's nothing too extraordinary. Finally, even taking into acount all of that, if you just keep working, you'll always end up somewhere, even if the destination is far far away; I just focus in getting some work done.

This is a tiny part of one of the scripts, so you can see what I'm talking about.

//――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

[text0010030]
//【デネブ】

//「…………」
「&.&.&.&.」

//【デネブ】

//「……カペラがそう言うなら」
「&.&.If Capella says so&.」

SetText();
TypeBegin3(200);//―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

CreateColorSP("絵背景L", 10, "#3393E0");

.//流れる雲のプロセス===============================================
CreateTextureEX("雲1C", 20, 0, 600, "cg/ef/ef_ct_落下雲c01.png");
CreateTextureEX("雲1L", 22, 0, 900, "cg/ef/ef_ct_落下雲c02.png");
CreateTextureEX("雲1R", 24, InRight, 900, "cg/ef/ef_ct_落下雲c03.png");

CreateTextureEX("雲2L", 50, -100, 1200, "cg/ef/ef_ct_落下雲a01.png");
	Zoom("雲2L", 0, 4000, 3000, null, true);

CreateTextureEX("雲2R", 50, 400, 1600, "cg/ef/ef_ct_落下雲a02.png");
	Zoom("雲雲2R", 0, 1000, 3000, null, true);

CreateTextureEX("雲3L", 2000, 0, 1800, "cg/ef/ef_ct_落下雲a01.png");
	Zoom("雲3L", 0, 4000, 3000, null, true);

CreateTextureEX("雲3R", 2000, 450, 2000, "cg/ef/ef_ct_落下雲a02.png");
	Zoom("雲3R", 0, 100, 3000, null, true);

Fade("雲*", 0, 1000, null, true);
Fade("雲3*", 0, 800, null, true);

Fade("雲1L", 0, 800, null, true);
Fade("雲1R", 0, 900, null, true);

Request("雲1C", Smoothing);
Request("雲2L", Smoothing);
Request("雲2R", Smoothing);
Request("雲3L", Smoothing);
Request("雲3R", Smoothing);

//プロセスの定義
CreateProcess("プロ落下雲", 10000, 0, 0, "CloudMove");

//プロセススタート
Request("プロ落下雲", Start);

FadeDelete("絵イベント*", 500, true);

//――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

>Line counts on TLWiki are automatic, which menas they probably just count the total lines in the script

So (out of everything in my post) TLWiki's line count is of more concern to you than Nitro+ sending you a C&D or JAST hijacking the project and sitting on it for N more years doing nothing?

That's nice, but it isn't as convincing as seeing a translation of the substantial part of the game (common/single route, for example). You seem to be short on free time, so spending it on the project would be more productive than looking into TLWiki methods of comparing VN script lengths. Also, /a/ is probably waiting.

On topic: For what it's worth, English translated version of Prince Maker - Braveness has been released.

It is here! Translated Prince Maker Braveness Download « Prince Maker Translation Project

Fortune Arterial chapter 1 editing is complete and a "prologue + chapter 1" patch should be undergoing beta testing now.

Yandere Translations » Forum

Look forward to the new thread.

do you have the original game file??

Fortune Arterial chapter 1 editing is complete and a "prologue + chapter 1" patch should be undergoing beta testing now.

I sent off my beta reports over 2 weeks ago. Guess they're still waiting on the other beta reporters. As stated, should be released very soon.

EDIT: Nvm, Guest did a wrong copy+pasta :p Still, the next route patch should be released very soon.

Edited by desi
>Line counts on TLWiki are automatic, which menas they probably just count the total lines in the script

So (out of everything in my post) TLWiki's line count is of more concern to you than Nitro+ sending you a C&D or JAST hijacking the project and sitting on it for N more years doing nothing?

That's nice, but it isn't as convincing as seeing a translation of the substantial part of the game (common/single route, for example). You seem to be short on free time, so spending it on the project would be more productive than looking into TLWiki methods of comparing VN script lengths. Also, /a/ is probably waiting.

Yeah, I don't really care about JAST or C&Ds. If I ever get one, we'll see what happens. And I did some research about file extraction and shit before starting the project since I was interested in how the tools we use work and stuff (intrigued as a programmer, and maybe for any future chances when I might want to extract something myself), aaanyway, I don't think that's relevant...

And what you're asking for is kinda tricky. The way SMGSP works, there aren't really any "routes", I thiiink (not entirely sure though) you can get all scenes/CGs in the same playthrough if you do everything in the correct order. Basically, there's a main map and after every scene you get to choose where to go, going to some places activates flags, which will make other scenes pop up in other places, activating other flags, etcetera. So while I technically could first translate the shortest sequence of choices leading to the end, that would probably result in either a boring game (if I put up a walkthrough) or walking into a lot of untranslated scenes.

Main, the Rance VI translator is a god among translators. According to his updates on the Rance General in /vg/, he got the all of the items and character names translated already.

And look, fancy English buttons.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4345[/ATTACH]

He's a DEMI-God, the true gods of translation are Amaterasu lol.