Visual Novels Translation Status [10/21/2012]

Ew...

I was looking forward to Tenshin Ranman, but if that is the quality we can expect from them I don't think I want it any more. I'd end up just playing it without the patch like I had to with Flyable Heart's terrible "translation."

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst part about Tenshin Ranman being translated so badly is that now it will never be translated well because people will just say "it's already been translated, no need to do it again."

The worst part about Tenshin Ranman being translated so badly is that now it will never be translated well because people will just say "it's already been translated, no need to do it again."

100% right. That's exactly the problem with these machine translation quality-like patches.

I will probably end up playing it, even if the translation keep at the current level. I will do it, and be grateful that someone used their free time translating a VN i wouldnt be able to read otherwise

If it stays like that, I will never play it until someone else translates it well or I learn Japanese.

Lolno. I played and beat Flyable Heart, Tenshin Ranman looks way worse than Flyable Heart

Seconded. I finished FH and its translation read nowhere so terrible to me in comparison, not much different from MG's first, flawed version of Edelweiss.

You guys are crazy, eldeweiss's flawed version was readable, FH is unreadable, it's like playing crosswords every single sentence.

FH starts ok with the translation, but it gets unberable quickly and that's why I didn't read it, the Tenshin Ranman translation looks to be the same quality as FH, worse than the first moments of the game, maybe better than the later moments.

If you guys could read FH props to you, but I couldn't, it was way too fucking awful for me.

You guys are crazy, eldeweiss's flawed version was readable, FH is unreadable, it's like playing crosswords every single sentence.

FH starts ok with the translation, but it gets unberable quickly and that's why I didn't read it, the Tenshin Ranman translation looks to be the same quality as FH, worse than the first moments of the game, maybe better than the later moments.

If you guys could read FH props to you, but I couldn't, it was way too fucking awful for me.

Stopped reading there

You guys are crazy, FH is unreadable, it's like playing crosswords every single sentence.

FH starts ok with the translation, but it gets unberable quickly and that's why I didn't read it.

If you didn't read Flyable Heart, how did you know that it was THAT terrible?

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
It doesn't take a genius to realize I started reading it but couldn't bear the shitty translation and stopped reading it.

The other possibilities is that you didn't read it at all and are just writing based on what you've heard from other people who actually read FH. So I just feel like asking and I got the answer.

But whatever, FH translation sucks and that is a fact.

You guys are crazy,

I won't deny that. I am a bit crazy myself. :p

I will probably end up playing it, even if the translation keep at the current level. I will do it, and be grateful that someone used their free time translating a VN i wouldnt be able to read otherwise

Seconded. ;)

whats the point of translating a VN using machine translations???

its just the same as you reading a Jap VN with TA..

and if this stupid trends picked up...

whats gonna happen to all those kind and hard working translator that translates properly for us???

Man..its just stupid to support machine translations..

and its discouraging if you guys planned to support it >.>