New VN localization company: MoeNovel

What truly amazes me is that they felt necessary to censor kissing scenes. Kissing scenes. In 2013. I seriously doubt there is anyone in the Western audience, short of Taliban sympathizers, that could be scandalized by a kiss, most definitely including grade schoolers.

Censoring kissing scenes? WTF???!! At this rate there will be no VN left to play!

The story will no longer make sense and the impressions of those poor souls

who happen to purchase this mutilated mess will be terrible..

This kind of BS is why the Japanese refrain from bringing the good stuff to the west..

Bad localization, bad advertising, bad voice acting, bad translation,

attempts at westernization of japanese cultural content, and now this ridiculous censoring and butchering.

Am I missing something else from this list? oh.. man.. gonna hurl.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Censoring kissing scenes? WTF???!! At this rate there will be no VN left to play!

The story will no longer make sense and the impressions of those poor souls

who happen to purchase this mutilated mess will be terrible..

This kind of BS is why the Japanese refrain from bringing the good stuff to the west..

Bad localization, bad advertising, bad voice acting, bad translation,

attempts at westernization of japanese cultural content, and now this ridiculous censoring and butchering.

Am I missing something else from this list? oh.. man.. gonna hurl.

it's going to suck.

I hope they sell at least one, for some benevolent soul to extract the translated scripts and insert them into the unmutilated 18+ Japanese version. Still wondering WHY anyone isn't doing this for Aselia. Maybe I will, once I fix my Japanese skills.

Still wondering WHY anyone isn't doing this for Aselia.

Because it's not worth it. The 12+ edition has extra stuff (like the 2 routes) which isn't in the 18+ version. It'd just be a hassle.

Eien no Aselia Special Edition

Umm, there's this one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is 18+ with the other routes.

Well, I wasn't aware of any later releases after Jast did the 12+ version. I'm still not seeing what good it will do. Don't see the worth doing it just for h-scenes only and the evil route. Be my guest if you want to though.

Well, we're talking about KonoSora here anyway, not Aselia. If it's the general consensus that there isn't much to gain by making the localized Aselia into the original 18+, then I'd willingly give up on that project.

But since a lot of content has been cut from KonoSora, I fervently hope that there is someone out there who will extract and re-insert the scripts back into the original and translate those other parts. /endofargument

But since a lot of content has been cut from KonoSora, I fervently hope that there is someone out there who will extract and re-insert the scripts back into the original and translate those other parts.

Few people have come out and SAID they will, but who knows right now. This is definitely different from Aselia like you said, since content has been cut. /endofargument

Well, I wasn't aware of any later releases after Jast did the 12+ version. I'm still not seeing what good it will do. Don't see the worth doing it just for h-scenes only and the evil route. Be my guest if you want to though.

But the Evil Route was what I was most looking forward to.

It's cause I'm a bastard.

I played a little bit of Eien no Aselia's evil route. The drop in quality in those scenes was pretty noticeable, like they were added at the last moment or largely ignored. Suddenly you just start raping characters that were never even introduced. I don't miss the evil route, but the removal of the ero apparently led to some holes. I played the original 18+ version and discussed some of the ero scenes with people who played the all-ages version. They were surprised by some of the plot elements they'd missed.

Edited by sanahtlig

I remember trying the censored version of A Profile and G-Senjou no Maou. (A Profile "all-ages" patch was made by Ixrec while G-Senjou "all-ages" patch can be obtained from TLWiki) There are no plot holes when you censor those h-scenes, (though for G-Senjou, there's an atmosphere lost) but the censoring are so bad and unpleasant that I switched back to 18+ and just normally ctrl skip some of the boring h-scenes. lolz Silly stuff.

I remember trying the censored version of A Profile and G-Senjou no Maou. (A Profile "all-ages" patch was made by Ixrec while G-Senjou "all-ages" patch can be obtained from TLWiki) There are no plot holes when you censor those h-scenes, (though for G-Senjou, there's an atmosphere lost) but the censoring are so bad and unpleasant that I switched back to 18+ and just normally ctrl skip some of the boring h-scenes. lolz Silly stuff.

those just take away the h-scenes. moenovel takes away the h-scenes. and other nudity. and the kissing scenes. and the sex jokes. and the innuendos. and any mention of anything that has anything to do with sex.

I played a little bit of Eien no Aselia's evil route. The drop in quality in those scenes was pretty noticeable, like they were added at the last moment or largely ignored. Suddenly you just start raping characters that were never even introduced. I don't miss the evil route, but the removal of the ero apparently led to some holes. I played the original 18+ version and discussed some of the ero scenes with people who played the all-ages version. They were surprised by some of the plot elements they'd missed.

Well that sounds less cool that I was hoping.

those just take away the h-scenes. moenovel takes away the h-scenes. and other nudity. and the kissing scenes. and the sex jokes. and the innuendos. and any mention of anything that has anything to do with sex.

Do they really intend to "reach a wider audience"?

they seem to think that because a wider audience can buy it, they will.

By this reasoning, the more we censor sex, violence, and gore in erotica, action-adventure, and horror, the more successful they shall get. Sublime logic. I wonder why the morons in the rest of the entertainment industry have failed to grasped it, before these geniuses revealed us the formula for success.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the release is right here I just wanted to get some thoughts on a few things. I don't really follow online news much, but has there been some big marketing push by them? And if not, what happened to it? Didn't they talk about doing some big promoting during this month leading into release?

Also, what about that distribution of hard copies in brick-and-mortar stores? Any word about that? Right now I can't find any physical store that is selling copies. I really don't know what they are thinking, and it is making me scratch my head on how little I have heard about the VN lately.

i cant imagine them being still in business in the future if their policy is to butcher dirty jokes and the kissing scenes on VNs to "appeal to a wider audience". if its a part of the VN why take it out? oh i get it. "think of the children!!!!!!!" ; well thats certainly not gonna work out for them i bet.