Visual Novels Translation Status [09/01/2013]

^

Miu's route will be translated last and I think this partial will lack only that route.

http://staircasesubs.com/2013/06/03/status-post-3rd-june/ - "So in regards to the patch that was originally scheduled for 9/9, nothing has particularly changed. As originally announced, whatever gets released will depend on the progress as we approach the date. "

Edited by killerinsidee
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>insem's translations.

will read dracu-riot raw. have fun with dolphins.

I'll probably regret asking this...but what's with the whole "Dolphin" thing when it comes to Insem? I guessing it has something to do with the Hosimemo TL? (haven't read this).

And for Dracu-Riot, the current partial patch (from what I've read so far) seems okay.

Edited by 321Jassman
^ They censored the Loli H-scenes with dolphin pictures in Hoshimemo.

Huh....well, it is still there? I noticed on staircasesubs' site that it now says "English patch update 1.2". Might be hilarious to see lol. Though I tend to Ctrl my way through most H-scenes these days.

I'll probably regret asking this...but what's with the whole "Dolphin" thing when it comes to Insem? I guessing it has something to do with the Hosimemo TL? (haven't read this).

And for Dracu-Riot, the current partial patch (from what I've read so far) seems okay.

what cross said basically. and as far as the partial patch for dracu riot seeming ok , it looks ok in english but its far from the real meaning. click HERE. these are just a few examples.

what cross said basically. and as far as the partial patch for dracu riot seeming ok , it looks ok in english but its far from the real meaning. click HERE. these are just a few examples.

That's strange...the patch I dl'ed (called Cirno 1.2) doesn't show any of those mistakes and is fact correct with the raw text. I'd post some pics but I'm on my iPhone right now so I'll do that later. Guess Insem went back and fixed 'em?

well even if he did fix them , it took other people to post his obvious mistakes for him to do anything about it. do note that these translations on those pics are easy to translate to in english assuming you know the context.

he cant translate anything properly basically. leaves me no other choice but to read it raw.

From here:

"[referring to the cross channel retranslation] All files locked, patch itself done and seems to work fine. Went from Amaterasu install -> full patch, all seems to work. I should probably test it on another computer or so, though.

Full speed on the main project at long last. 94k words and it’s not close to done."

Question: What the hell is his main project? I've been trying to find some indication on his blog, but...I'm pretty confused.

Hrm, guess it seems to boil down to a Machine Tl with the message in still in the same context or done by hand with the message in the wrong context (in some cases). Whelp, what a world we live in.

By and by, not really defending anyone here, just stating what I see that's all.

Insem's not like those who use Machine TLs (like Flyable Heart)

In the very basic way, there isn't much difference between a Machine TLs and a human translator who translates the opposites of the actual meaning, because in the end, they're all wrong.

those mistakes he makes are at least fixable, right?

It could be fixed. But he's too egoistic to admit that he makes mistakes, so who gives a fuck. You probably should thanks the Hoshimemo editor (that he kicked out from his team) for fixing it because otherwise, this blatant mistranslation would have made it into the patch. (And this is probably only a tiny fraction of his translation errors.)

I'm not trying to discourage people, though. You guys can enjoy Dracu-dolphins! riot! patch if you want. I'm just stating that Insem is shit.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf