What eroges are you playing right now?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer sad endings/ending that are different than the norm. I don't like "happily-ever-after" disney style. lolol

To each his/her own of course, but that little part there about 'different than the norm' is incorrect: the typical tropes used to create 'sad endings' are quite common and quite old as well. Plenty of them used on VN's and all sorts of media.

Here's an old, super commonly used/done one; creating an emotional connection between the audience and a prominent character throughout the story and have that character killed, mostly in a dramatic fashion, at the last scene nearing the end (at the height of conflict resolution or 'climax'), therefore creating greater impact and furthering the sense of 'loss' the audience member experiences at the conclusion of the piece.

i still have a bit of kamidori(uh..say..100 hours? ;)) left, but i'm getting bored of it slightly so i'm starting Quaretett now. I wanted to start little busters, but i am low on disk space in my computer (i have backups for every eroge, but i still don't want to part with me precious), so until i plan things out i play quaretett. Opinion on this game?

Well, you can see the ones I'm playing in my signature, but I haven't said what I've thought of them..

CLANNAD - The best visual novel I've played, hands down. Even though it's not an eroge. I love all the characters. Especially Kappei. And Sunohara. Ah, Sunohara...

Kanon - Also a very nice visual novel. I love the girl Ayu. I find some of the other characters a bit boring at times though. Same for the visual novel. It has it's moments though. I've hardly played it yet.

Little Busters! - I'm loving this one so far. Probably the VN I'm playing the most, at the moment. Haven't gone too far into this one yet though.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni - Also a pretty good one. I haven't played it in a while though. While the graphics aren't exactly the greatest, it fits into this game very well, in my opinion. I mean, how can you suspect a cute, innocent looking girl to be even capable of doing anything that happens in it.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni - Also a pretty good one. I haven't played it in a while though. While the graphics aren't exactly the greatest, it fits into this game very well, in my opinion. I mean, how can you suspect a cute, innocent looking girl to be even capable of doing anything that happens in it.

Someone else that doesn't mind Ryukishi's, can I hug you? Also very surprised you are playing that many novels at once, my friend does the same thing but i need to stay with 1 or 2 max lol.

Someone else that doesn't mind Ryukishi's, can I hug you? Also very surprised you are playing that many novels at once, my friend does the same thing but i need to stay with 1 or 2 max lol.

I do the same, i have like 5 vns im in the middle of and starting like 4 more lol. its because whenever i get close to the end im like :( i don't want it to be over so i stop and its the same with anime haha

Just about to finish Haruna's route in Dengeki Stryker and all I have to say is.. hope I can start Ichimonji's route soon. After completing Ever17 and current playing Katawa Shoujo, this game seems more cliche than usual and so damn subpar.

yu-no - the girl that chants love at the edge of the world

so, let's find out how good this vn is then! Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be one of my favourites in the end... I'm hoping for that, obviously. But it's got some tough competition to say the least.

Yes Harle do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit- Also playing Higurashi Kai so I can forget about everything Studio Deen has ruined for me.

Edited by battlerrules

YU-NO has pretty nice plot and characters but IMO it's not in the same league with FSN etc. Btw, don't do the same mistake I did: I played it without any musics, and the music file actually had some quite important hints in it...

(Don't open if you haven't played the game)

I actually solved the clock puzzle (acquiring the last orb) by just randomly clicking the buttons without even seeing the hint scene .__.

After a fairly long stumble and irritation of games being incomplete, I've started working my way through Duel Savior Justice, and I'm really quite enjoying it, and for the first time in a while I'm looking forward to completing ALL routes in the game.

After a fairly long stumble and irritation of games being incomplete, I've started working my way through Duel Savior Justice, and I'm really quite enjoying it, and for the first time in a while I'm looking forward to completing ALL routes in the game.

In before repeated battles and not finishing the entire VN :p

As for myself, I will start 999 in a day or two and lay low with the story VNs for a while.

YU-NO - The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World

So, let's find out how good this VN is then! Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be one of my favourites in the end... I'm hoping for that, obviously. But it's got some tough competition to say the least.

I don't know if you started playing it already or how far into it you are, but a couple of pointers/recommendations if you will:

- Do not even try to play this without using a walkthrough (seriously), in fact, use two: the text walkthrough and the walkthrough map. The map looks very daunting at first, but if you follow the text walkthough exactly and check the map as well, you'll make sense of how it all works in a short time and realize both are very useful from beginning to end. Also, yes, follow the text walkthrough exact order of routes and everything (the one(s) who wrote it claims there at the introduction that it is recommended for both better progress and story development/comprehension and i completely agree).

- I don't even know if this game has the capacity to be run at full screen, but given it's age and resolution don't try it; would look pretty bad as opposed to nice and adequate in a window (though this may seem rather obvious i say it because some people can't into playing something in a window).

- When you reach the second half of the game (incorrectly called by walkthroughs 'the epilogue') just hang in there, it gets quite, quite better later.

That's it i think, if you have some questions feel free to ask as i still have it fresh in my head.

I don't know if you started playing it already or how far into it you are, but a couple of pointers/recommendations if you will:

- Do not even try to play this without using a walkthrough (seriously), in fact, use two: the text walkthrough and the walkthrough map. The map looks very daunting at first, but if you follow the text walkthough exactly and check the map as well, you'll make sense of how it all works in a short time and realize both are very useful from beginning to end. Also, yes, follow the text walkthrough exact order of routes and everything (the one(s) who wrote it claims there at the introduction that it is recommended for both better progress and story development/comprehension and i completely agree).

- I don't even know if this game has the capacity to be run at full screen, but given it's age and resolution don't try it; would look pretty bad as opposed to nice and adequate in a window (though this may seem rather obvious i say it because some people can't into playing something in a window).

- When you reach the second half of the game (incorrectly called by walkthroughs 'the epilogue') just hang in there, it gets quite, quite better later.

That's it i think, if you have some questions feel free to ask as i still have it fresh in my head.

Yes, got those two walkthroughs. At first I was gonna use the map only, but it doesn't seem to show a decent order of getting the endings, I think? But yes, using the text walkthrough with the map as support on the other hand should be nice. And yes, I've started reading, just a bit though. The map does makes sense already.

Good point about the full screen. Yes, it looks quite a bit worse in full screen since the original window is really small. Normally I'd like to run it in full screen for the sake of immersion, since nothing else is on the screen as a distraction when you do. However, in this case, there's also the walkthrough thing to consider... I'd have to alt-tab a lot in order to check the walkthough if I played in full screen - that'll just get annoying over time. I'll be following the text walkthough to the letter after all, so better to have the game window right next to that.

Thank you.

Yep, this game could have been way better WITH a "skip battle" option.

Eh, I just drop it into easy difficulty, and slaughter quickly(still wish there was more rpg element there). Just finished Lilly's route, only Mia's 2 endings and the harem reward at the end to go.