What eroges are you playing right now?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fate/Stay Night. As I've expected, too much explaining kills the story. Middle of Fate arc already. Emiya is a fucking pussy who doesn't want girls to fight, even if said girls can kick his stupid ass. And Shinji is so fucking annoying, I went to VNDB just to check if he has the Subject of: Death on his character data,

and I'm glad he does.

Muv-Luv shouldn't be here in my opinion ... I only played the first two parts, but I don't like it. And yes, definitely G-Senjou no Maou ... my favourite :)

Play muv luv alternative (third part) after playing the first two and you will change your mind. Muv Luv Alternative is rated #1 on vndb for a good reason.

Yes.

It is very dramatic near the end

That's also a reason why I didn't play it.

After playing the first two I wanted to play Alternative, but in the meantime I played a few other games with such endings as Alternative. Since then I spoiler myself before playing an eroge to be sure there's no such an ending ... then I found out what happens at the end of Alternative. Maybe it's really good, but the ending is the highlight of a story in my opinion ... I just don't like it if some of the most important characters die at the end (or it ends up like in Cross Channel).

Btw,

Muv Luv Alternative is rated #1 on vndb for a good reason.
means nothing. CoD is also one of the best selling games and every part get a high score ... in the end it's the same shit over and over again. Sales figures and scores means exactly nothing. There are also some eroges on vndb which are for example extreme underrated. The top 50 (or so) are mostly filled with them which got a translation ... some of the really good ones don't even get a translation (or didn't get one so far).

After playing the first two I wanted to play Alternative, but in the meantime I played a few other games with such endings as Alternative. Since then I spoiler myself before playing an eroge to be sure there's no such an ending ... then I found out what happens at the end of Alternative. Maybe it's really good, but the ending is the highlight of a story in my opinion ... I just don't like it if some of the most important characters die at the end (or it ends up like in Cross Channel).

So,you are the happy-ending guy then muv-luv is not your thing.

means nothing.

No,they did have significant meaning.Scores are voted by players like us so VN with high score literally means many people like it .The reason why some VN are underrated is because they don't have translation so no-one rated it .

Btw, means nothing. CoD is also one of the best selling games and every part get a high score ... in the end it's the same shit over and over again. Sales figures and scores means exactly nothing. There are also some eroges on vndb which are for example extreme underrated. The top 50 (or so) are mostly filled with them which got a translation ... some of the really good ones don't even get a translation (or didn't get one so far).

>.>

MLA is the true route of MLU

or as desi called it..MLU is the epilogue of MLA..

COD is in a total different genre..

unless you dont even understands genre..then i have no words to say.

and for those VNs that undergone translations have 2 factor...

1st is fan based translations...which translates Vn that is requested and high in wanted list..

2nd were those money makers....Jast and MG translates nukige for money..

and there's tons of people out there only for the H scene while some of us wants proper story~~

and MLA is still my TOP 10 in any votes..no matter what

and you got no rights to judge it as long you didnt read it..

after all..you never understand the work of art if you never indulge in one >.>

So,you are the happy-ending guy then muv-luv is not your thing.

Not really,

but it's a different thing for me if only one character dies or nearly everyone dies.

No,they did have significant meaning.Scores are voted by players like us so VN with high score literally means many people like it .The reason why some VN are underrated is because they don't have translation so no-one rated it .

And exactly that's the reason why the scores on vndb doesn't mean anything (or at least not much) for me, since I play eroges without a translation too. Ok, maybe for someone who only plays english ones it's meaningful, but I played japanese ones which were much better than Demonbane (this is only an example out of your list), but on vndb it's more than 100 ranks lower, the average score however is much higher than the one from Demonbane.

And yeah, I don't want to start a discussion here since this is a site for english eroges (mostly), but yeah, that's my opinion. And I think I'm not the only one with this opinion about the scores on vndb :)

Edited by pumasrevenge
Not really,

but it's a different thing for me if only one character dies or nearly everyone dies.

And exactly that's the reason why the scores on vndb doesn't mean anything (or at least not much) for me, since I play eroges without a translation too. Ok, maybe for someone who only plays english ones it's meaningful, but I played japanese ones which were much better than Demonbane (this is only an example out of your list), but on vndb it's more than 100 ranks lower, the average score however is much higher than the one from Demonbane.

And yeah, I don't want to start a discussion here since this is a site for english eroges (mostly), but yeah, that's my opinion. And I think I'm not the only one with this opinion about the scores on vndb :)

whats the name of that specific vn if i may know...

I am also interested .

IMO,demonbane is a good VN in its own dark,mecha theme.

If there is a VN better than demonbane,that is something to be interested.(don't tell me it is Baldr Sky)

Edited by phantasm

Here.

And Ama Ane is also a good example. Ok, the average score is only in the same area as the one from Demonbane, but yeah, just look at the other rankings. And please, don't say anything about the story, it's much more complicated than the description says, because they only says half of the story.

Like in every genre, there are mostly better ones out there, you only have to search for them. And maybe you need to learn a bit japanese :D

phanta..he didnt even bother to read my last post..

demonbane have its own twist...

but heck..i just rate it around 6-7 if im not wrong..

i agree there could be lots more..

but MLA is 1 of the epic...translated or not~~

edit"

tsujidou >.>

heck..i dont even touch it yet~~

but it'll surely better than demonbane in another term...

ama ane is just a 6-7 to me based on the looks and stuff..

i havent start that yet too..

Edited by ultimecea
ama ane is just a 6-7 to me based on the looks and stuff..

i havent start that yet too..

There's one reason why I gave it an 8, and this is exactly the reason why I said you shouldn't judge based on the description. The description is based on the good endings, but if you want to know everything, you need to get the bad ending too, and that is also a bit from the dark side.

Rating is not that bad.It is just that there are few voters .

And that and demonbane are two completely different genres . *Sigh*You hype my mood for nothing. Zzzzz~~~~

phanta..i know how that feel XD

myb..

let me do the honour this is it..just read the plot and you get what i mean

for comparison this and this

There's one reason why I gave it an 8, and this is exactly the reason why I said you shouldn't judge based on the description. The description is based on the good endings, but if you want to know everything, you need to get the bad ending too, and that is also a bit from the dark side.

and like i said..

i havent touch it yet >>>

CoD is also one of the best selling games

CoD eh? Bringing CoD to support you argument,..*sigh* CoD is one of.....Because majority of the consumer is a stupid teenagers who doesn't know the meaning of good and decent game. -_-

and every part get a high score ...

The most famous theory is that professional review get paid to give high scores. >_>

And general player give high scores to CoD because they are retard fanboys.

in the end it's the same shit over and over again.

Well, that's milking for you. And since there's a huge group of fanboys who's ready to buy their stuff, why should they make innovation? They can gain profit simply like that.

And in a minor relation to VN, I've heard someone said that Giga is milking Baldr Sky.

Sales figures and scores means exactly nothing.

If it was CoD, Battlefield and stuff similar to them, I will say yes, the scores means nothing. However, the scores for DA1 and The Witcher 2 is fair enough imo.

Btw,

There's one reason why I gave it an 8,

You still care enough about scores to vote a VN an 8.

There are also some eroges on vndb which are for example extreme underrated.

Ah, now that the CoD blablabla is over. Let's get back to VN. (Honestly, I can't see that the CoD stuff is related or relevant enough to this discussion. Maybe it is a strong major points for you, but not for me.)

They are "underrated" in VNDB simply because not many people vote for them. And the reason for that is because not many people play them (outside of japan I supposed,) or that they are too lazy to vote. And the reason why not many people play them is because they don't have english translation.

But of course, you must have already know all this. So why, did you still call this VN underrated? No one is underestimate or overlooked this "underrated" VN. They don't get exposed much because they don't have english translation.

If, they got a translation and still get lower vote, only then can you say that they are being underrated by VN player.

The top 50 (or so) are mostly filled with them which got a translation ...

*sighed* VNDB rank ain't perfect, that I've to admit.

However, judging from you statement, one of the reason why you think that VNDB scores are nothing is because only VN that has an english translation got high and many votes, while untranslated VN only got at least a dozen vote or less and thus they are marked by you as "underrated". -,- (another reason is because "CoD got high scores" = "that means scores is useless"...hehe)

For me, VNDB scores can be taken seriously ONLY when it's for VN that has an English Translation. Which also means that among all of the VN that has an english translation, Muv-Luv Alternative is rated #1 on vndb.

some of the really good ones don't even get a translation (or didn't get one so far.)

So? Isn't that why some people made a thread called "VN that we wish to get a translation"?

And exactly that's the reason why the scores on vndb doesn't mean anything (or at least not much) for me, since I play eroges without a translation too.

Oh, good for you then. Why don't you translate some for us eh? ;)

Ok, maybe for someone who only plays english ones it's meaningful, but I played japanese ones which were much better than Demonbane

Huh, I see. Whatever. *yawned*

but on vndb it's more than 100 ranks lower, the average score however is much higher than the one from Demonbane.

As I said, the fact is VNDB scores is mostly relevant for VN that has an english translation. And this fact isn't a flaw imo.

People with half a brain would know that VN without a translation and has a lower score doesn't meant that the vn is bad.

And maybe you need to learn a bit japanese :D

Easy for you to say.

Oh, is this the so called hierarchy between VN readers who can read japanese, and readers who can't? :eek: (just kiddin') :p (actually, no I'm not.) ^_^

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

After reading the above post,I get a feeling that I shouldn't make enemy with Gerard.

So that is what people called a professional S,LoL.I am so afraid:rolleyes:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~just kidding,don't take it serious bro.

After reading the above post,I get a feeling that I shouldn't make enemy with Gerard.

So that is what people called a professional S,LoL.I am so afraid:rolleyes:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~just kidding,don't take it serious bro.

lol after reading Gerard's post ,it kinda makes me feel that his character is kinda like eu ( his profile pic ) , i just got that feeling XD ( Sorry for being off topic here )

well then let me get back on topic, currently playing Da Capo now and i think its kinda cute on the imouto route now......

well then let me get back on topic, currently playing Da Capo now and i think its kinda cute on the imouto route now......

You're talking about Nemu right? Actually, is it just me or are most imouto heroines tsundere?

Edit : Also, I just finished a route of http://vndb.org/v29 and it was pretty boring. The topic itself was actually rather interesting but I didn't like how things were going. Anyway, I'm planning to finish two more routes, they better be good.

Edited by OneManArmy