What eroges are you playing right now?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will see whether this sentiment applies to me as well or not when I eventually get to Umineko sometimes soon™. And no, it probably won't be in the nearest future.

On topic: Still playing Utawarerumono in hardcore mode 3 (without cheat). It's a pain in the ass, especially because I made a mistake of wasting BP on defense in the early stages (shouldn't have done that) and has to start over from scratch. But overall, the tough fight made the game more immersive and fun, so it's okay. Regrettably though, PS2 and PSP version has an upgraded and supposed to be a much more fun gameplay compared to PC, but unlike console peasant, I won't get to experience that, so yea I'm just going to sulk a bit. :/

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Working through Danganronpa mostly atm, just got to chapter 4. The nostalgia back to Phoenix wright in my highschool days is making me blaze through it.

Been also trying to get to Umineko for a while, seen the anime adaptation 3 freagin times X_X but never got to getting very far in the VN, my current save is chapter one like 5 minutes after they arrive on the island.

Also got to get back to corpse party book of shadows, been sitting on my vita for a while but put it off when school made being up late scaring myself impractical.

Man it's been awhile, been busy for a bit...feels good to be playing VNs again!

Anyways...I have so many VNs I'm reading right now, it's so hard to focus on just one >_

I'm mainly focusing on Rewrite, Kamidori and Umineko right now with a lot more VNs on the side. I'm not that far into Umineko yet, just barely started but I'm enjoying it...don't know if it's better than Higurashi yet....the soundtrack is definitely better for sure.

Just finished episode 1 of Umineko.

It starts off kinda slow, but when things get serious it sucks you in and you just want to keep reading.

Anyways, my quick thoughts on ep. 1:

This episode did a good job of making you get attached to the characters before their untimely deaths. And during all the deaths....I was crying like a baby...

anyways, some of my thoughts on a few characters:

Battler: Honestly, I thought he was kinda annoying at first, but as it goes on it's hard to hate the guy. Pretty cool dude.

Eva: I hated her at first. Her personality, that annoying way she talks, but then you see her soft side...I'm sorry for hating you so much Eva...

Maria: Freaking Maria. I thought she was gonna be a cute, innocent and slightly annoying nine year old girl, then we get hit with that "dual personality".....God she was VERY annoying, and I mean that in a good way. I felt just like all the other characters felt, "shut the fuck up Maria! People are dying!" She was definitely way more unique of a character than I thought she would be. Then we learn more about her life and her relationship with Rosa......

Overall, I loved the suspense and creepiness throughout this episode especially that last scene when they hear Maria singing over the phone, then they see her in the room....my heart.....it was beating so fast, so creepy and so good. Also the soundtrack was amazing, gonna have to download it sometime.

Alright, now it's time for the rest.

Rewrite (at last!); done Kotori and currently going through Chihaya's route.

I liked Kotori because of her seiyuu and the way she speaks (Chihaya's way of speaking is quite funny too), and I was a little surprised with the lenght of the common route, I read it was like crazy long and then... it's longer than needed, fine, but it isn't THAT long if you leave alone the minigame, I think. To me the common route of LB! is still monstrous in comparison, because I played nearly every minigame until the end (and again: fuck you, mysterious life forms).

Is it true that the minigame in Rewrite is needed for the Oppai ending?

HEARTWORK

Shitty game with a refreshing way of writing (it doesn't mince words) and some badass moments. But like I said, overall still shitty. =D

The Second Reproduction

Finally another male person who's playing an otome game. And believe me wolf, you won't regret this decision...although I've to admit that the Knight heroine was rather annoying. Oh and go for the bad endings, they're way better than the good ones.

Shitty game with a refreshing way of writing (it doesn't mince words) and some badass moments. But like I said, overall still shitty. =D

Finally another male person who's playing an otome game. And believe me wolf, you won't regret this decision...although I've to admit that the Knight heroine was rather annoying. Oh and go for the bad endings, they're way better than the good ones.

Wait what? The Second Reproduction is an otome game? ...does that mean games with female protagonists are otome games? What about Shikkoku no Sharnoth?

Rewrite (at last!); done Kotori and currently going through Chihaya's route.

I liked Kotori because of her seiyuu and the way she speaks (Chihaya's way of speaking is quite funny too), and I was a little surprised with the lenght of the common route, I read it was like crazy long and then... it's longer than needed, fine, but it isn't THAT long if you leave alone the minigame, I think. To me the common route of LB! is still monstrous in comparison, because I played nearly every minigame until the end (and again: fuck you, mysterious life forms).

Is it true that the minigame in Rewrite is needed for the Oppai ending?

OPPAI!! ( . V . )

#1 route in the game

Edited by Whitetragedy
Wait what? The Second Reproduction is an otome game? ...does that mean games with female protagonists are otome games? What about Shikkoku no Sharnoth?

Nah, Sharnoth is not an otome game technically. Although a requirement for otome game be that they have to have a female protagonist, not all games with a female protagonist are otome games. Otome games are more targeted towards the female audience and focus on developing romantic relationships with the male characters.

currently playing Eien no Aselia -The Spirit of Eternity Sword- , Akai Majo , Shinseiki Evangelion Koutetsu no Girlfriend , Animamundi ~Owarinaki Yami no Butou~

Am currently engrossed in reading haruhi suzumiya LN's to pay any attention to these 4 sitting in my desktop. Maybe i should say i stalled them.. (i played a bit of dark alchemist and eien no aselia. I think i'd enjoy dark alchemist...because i like dark vn's)

i want to start sengoku rance too, so i'm downloading that..