What eroges are you playing right now?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shitty game with a refreshing way of writing (it doesn't mince words) and some badass moments. But like I said, overall still shitty. =D

It has fucking crazy stuff in every corner with almost every choice. Good for mindless fun reading imo, but yes, it is shitty. Weird thing is, I like the outdated h-scene compared to mainstream one. -.-

Finally another male person who's playing an otome game. And believe me wolf, you won't regret this decision...although I've to admit that the Knight heroine was rather annoying. Oh and go for the bad endings, they're way better than the good ones.

I hope so too, though I don't really mind Otome to begin with. I've watched a couple of animes with "Otome" vibe, so I'm quite used to it. Haven't got any bad endings yet, though.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

I'm already done with 2/5 routes of the very controversial Konosora localization (pirated it of course) and with the (also controversial) 1.0 uncensor patch.

Overall feel of the VN for me is like Hoshizora no Memoria. A bit of drama here and there.

I've done Kotori's and Amane's routes so far. I've said the word beautiful many, many times when I read emotional titles like ef and I guess I can say the same for Kotori's route.

Even if there may be some cut parts unrelated to ero (who knows, I can't read the original to compare the two side-by-side), so far the execution has been smooth in my reading. The bgms, especially Morning Glory are a joy to my ears. The CGs are well made and the animated parts are great omake.

Gripes:

1. Aaeru's ero-scene translations are PAINFUL to read. Who the hell directly translates the licking sounds as the onomatopoeia "peropero"???

2. There are some trash MT'd lines on the initial parts of Kotori's route. Lazy QC'ing. AFAIK, the exclamation "Ita ita!"/"Itta Itta!" probably doesn't mean "ouch" when you see a person/people and discern their location. Unless you owe them money.

3. Aeroplane jelly song is NOT appropriate for oppai bouncing.

4. CG review is broken due to the ero CGs being added. The thumbnail and the zoomed CG doesn't match.

5. Some side characters are interesting enough to have a route (Kanako!). Hence, FD. But FD will probably not be translated due to too much ero. :sadface:

6. True route IMO is Kotori route. Not a fan of a VN with enforced playing order to have the true route as the first though.

7. Twin-tailed twin loli kouhais don't get much exposure on the first part of the game.

Will post more when I'm done. Next up, the most butchered route, as the community has said, Ageha. So far my favorite character for being a total bro.

Edited by evollove

I agree with evollove, Konosora feels a bit like Hoshizora no Memoria. For now I`ve only finished Kotori route, but indeed music is great, there are some very nice emotional moments and its overall graphic looks extremelly neat. Kotori was my favourite since the begining and her route mostly fulfilled my expectationas, also I`m looking forward to Asa and Yoru (twins) routes. They didn`t had much screen time compared to other girls, but still they`re on 2nd place in the overall cuteness scale. Good thing is that protag isn`t a dork and his actions aren`t irritating. I still can`t say it about other routes than Koroti, but for now he was quite cool. It`s a nice change when the guy that gets all the girls really deserves it instead of just being a lucky harem master idiot.

1. Aaeru's ero-scene translations are PAINFUL to read. Who the hell directly translates the licking sounds as the onomatopoeia "peropero"???

2. There are some trash MT'd lines on the later parts of Kotori's route. Lazy QC'ing. AFAIK, the exclamation "Ita ita!"/"Itta Itta!" probably doesn't mean "ouch" when you see a person/people and discern their location. Unless you owe them money.

3. Aeroplane jelly song is NOT appropriate for oppai bouncing.

4. CG review is broken due to the ero CGs being added. The thumbnail and the zoomed CG doesn't match.

5. Some side characters are interesting enough to have a route (Kanako!). Hence, FD. But FD will probably not be translated due to too much ero. :sadface:

6. True route IMO is Kotori route. Not a fan of a VN with enforced playing order to have the true route as the first though.

7. Twin-tailed twin loli kouhais don't get much exposure on the first part of the game.

1 Hehe instead of bad I would call them funny, also if we ignore the different strange sounds translation it wasn`t so bad. For sure it was a class or two higher than MoeNovel translated part.

2 Common route was nicely done (propably thanks to restoration patch guys editing it), but as soon as I`ve entered Kotori route it became horrible... Thank God I could understand what they were talking about just from listening to voice, because:

- There are few situation when you hear at least three sentences that are being translated as one short.

- It`s common occurance that the character is saying smth in negative but it`s translated as positive: [We weren`t there! --> translated as --> We were there!]

- There are few conversations like that: Let`s say that Ageha is talking with Aoi about Asa, yet the translation is so confusing that it looks like Ageha is talking with "God knows who" about Aoi or to make it worse it`s translated in a way indicating that she is talking about herself.

- I`ve got no idea why, but three or four times the translation didn`t had even 1% in common with the stuff that they were currently talking about (yet again I`m lucky to understand it just from voice).

Fortunatelly only about 1/3 of Kotori route had to severly suffer from those symptoms, during later parts it was slowly becoming better and ending was translated nearly as good as common route. I`ve only managed to get through it thanks to my high tolerance level for stuff like that, the fact that common route really made me want to play it till the end and gaining a lot of text understanding from the voiced parts.

4 Just a minor tech problem.

6 Will have to play through entire game to say smth about this :p

7 After doing Kotori route I will use twins as motivation. In other words now I`m going for Ageha and Amane (they weren`t as interesting as others in my opinion) and after that it`s time for a twin-tailed loli-twins dessert.

Edited by Erika Furudo

2 Common route was nicely done (propably thanks to restoration patch guys editing it), but as soon as I`ve entered Kotori route it became horrible... Thank God I could understand what they were talking about just from listening to voice, because:

I don't think the restoration guys have edited anything besides adding the H scenes and other things that were removed. More than likely the moenovel's editing was just really erratic, although I haven't actually played konosora yet (waiting until the second patch).

I`ve tried Ageha route for a bit. It`s a total war zone. Words are flying all over the place without any bigger reason, punctuation died a long time ago, sentences don`t make any sense, during conversations it feels as if everyone is in his/her own world talking about something entirely different than the others and every other problem that I`ve already mentioned earlier when talking about Kotori route is present in his upgraded form. Well looks like I will wait for a restoration patch mark II, don`t want to ruin all those nice feelings I had during Kotori route.

Edited by Erika Furudo

Grisaia no Kajitsu. Wasn't easy to make myself start a new VN after the epic Umineko, but hey it had to happen at some point. Might as well go with this one!

... Feels like I haven't read/experienced a non-07th Expansion VN in ages. I did technically read Kanon inbetween Higu and Umi, but eeeeh. Umineko took like 5 months in total for me to complete - that's including the time it took to wait for Chiru UmiTweak. The When They Cry series took over my mind completely. Seriously. And it started all the way back in the early parts of Higurashi. It's always on my mind now pretty much. It will NEVER leave.

But you know what? That's totally fine. It should still be possible to read something new regardless of that fact. So let's see what Grisaia can bring to the table.

Finished Grisaia Michiru route, now playing Amane. My impression after finishing common route: 1 girl avarage 2 good and 2 seem very good (I wonder if anyone can guess my preferences and pin point which girl belongs to which category :p). True, it could be even better but the heroine cast is definitely on the brighter side.

About translation: It`s on very pleasant professional level, only from time to time there are some differences between what was said and how it was translated. By differences I mean: adding unnecessary words or even whole sentences that simply weren`t there just to spice the overall conversation or make some characters character stronger. Got to admit that a lot of effort was put into translating Makina strange speech patterns without losing their uniqueness, that`s definitely a plus.

I will wait with stating my detailed feelings about Grisaia as a VN till I finish it, but for now they`re mostly very positive.

Edited by Erika Furudo

Heeeh... finished Makina route, now only Yumiko left.

Makina story was interesting... but there was none of the magic that would made me read like crazy only to find out that it`s already 4.30 AM (for now only Michiru route managed to put my under this spell). Her bad ending was nice, took me a bit by surprise.

--> Amane (avarage - mostly due to my dislike for Amane as a person)

--> Sachi (above avarage)

--> Makina (good)

--> Michiru (pure awesomeness).

Now I only need to complete Yumiko route and decide where to place it on this scale.

Edited by Erika Furudo
Heeeh... finished Makina route, now only Yumiko left.

Makina story was interesting... but there was none of the magic that would made me read like crazy only to find out that it`s already 4.30 AM (for now only Michiru route managed to put my under this spell). Her bad ending was nice, took me a bit by surprise.

--> Amane (avarage - mostly due to my dislike for Amane as a person)

--> Sachi (above avarage)

--> Makina (good)

--> Michiru (pure awesomeness).

Now I only need to complete Yumiko route and decide where to place it on this scale.

i really loved michiru as well makes me want to replay it i wonder how long i should wait to replay it and im excited for the sequels just because of her

also michiru is tooo fucking cute when you do the other routes and how jealous she gets.

Edited by Solemncollector