What eroges are you playing right now?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But to bring up one point, I don't know how Takeru repeating himself countless times doesn't take points away for some people. I've lost count how many times he has repeated his resolve, coward and change speeches.

Exactly my thoughts. Those "growing up" scenes were totally annoying, same goes for those body suits btw. Whatever, MAL was overall enjoyable but I'm one of the few persons who only gave it 8/10 (probably due to my hate for mecha stuff).

Edited by OneManArmy
Exactly my thoughts. Those "growing up" scenes were totally annoying, same goes for those body suits btw. Whatever, MAL was overall enjoyable but I'm one of the few persons who only gave it 8/10 (probably due to my hate for mecha stuff).

mmmmh, can see what you mean, though I rated it 10/10 (cause it fulfilled my uberhigh expectations), those two things prevented MLA becoming a top tier VN imo. But that's only veeeeeery minor for me: MLA was fucking awesome :)

mmmmh, can see what you mean, though I rated it 10/10 (cause it fulfilled my uberhigh expectations), those two things prevented MLA becoming a top tier VN imo. But that's only veeeeeery minor for me: MLA was fucking awesome :)

Bitchiness of early Takeru

Done and done. I think the shitty pacing and the fact you had to play through the other two games in the series were much more damning than Takeru's minor issues. Moreover, he actually gets somewhere and becomes pretty awesome (although completely and utterly blind to any approach by a girl, but whatever).

he actually gets somewhere and becomes pretty awesome

He still screwed up at the end and didn't developed at all.

[spoiler=don't open it unless you've finished MLA]Was it that hard to kill Meiya? It was the best option and even Meiya wanted him to kill her.

So I finished MLA but I don't want take over this thread when there already is one dedicated to discussing finished games. So to actually be on topic I guess I'll get back to Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru as I never did finish it. I ended up multi-tasking and forgetting about it.

He still screwed up at the end and didn't developed at all.

[spoiler=don't open it unless you've finished MLA]Was it that hard to kill Meiya? It was the best option and even Meiya wanted him to kill her.

Because [spoiler=MLA]he doesnt just remembers Alternative's Meiya , he remembers all 3 Meiyas he met (extra , unlimited , alternative) and all those memories were still there , he didnt want to accept the fact that he had to do it for the mission because he wanted to save that meiya if possible , even knowing that killing her was the right thing to do for the mission and to give her a mercy kill since she was contaminated by the primary target. he didnt want to lose anyone in his squad , and killing her made him feel responsible for everyone's death , considering he saw Miki's corpse just a few seconds earlier. TL;DR = he felt guilty for everything. HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY!

I'm only writing this line because I don't want that people are abke to read the content of the following spoiler in the activity stream.

he didnt want to lose anyone in his squad

Wasn't he supposed to learn that sometimes you've to push your emotions and personal goals into the background for the sake of yourself and other people?

Spoiler wall Spoiler wall Spoiler wall Spoiler wall Spoiler wall

Wasn't he supposed to learn that sometimes you've to push your emotions and personal goals into the background for the sake of yourself and other people?

[spoiler=Obvious Muv Luv Alternative Spoiler]The hesitation was an amalgamation of human emotions he was feeling; killing one of your best friends will be hard, fullstop. The fact that Takeru actually pulls it off is a testament to how his character grew over the course of the story. It wouldn't have felt real at all if he just pulled the trigger straight away.

Oh, and I'm sorry since I'm sort of helping to hijack this thread. Hooray!

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod

Mashiro is awesome. Mashiro is awesome. Mashiro is awesome. Mashiro is awesome. Mashiro is awesome. Mashiro is awesome. Mashiro is awesome.

[spoiler=muv alternative]

It wouldn't have felt real at all if he just pulled the trigger straight away.

I'm not saying that his hesitation was not inexplicable or wrong but it felt like he waited for 5min before he pulled the trigger...which is in my eyes totally over the top. Also, wouldn't have it been awesome if Takeru had changed from an emotional person into a cold soldier and at the end back into the normal Takeru?

Anyway, let's end this discussion. It's my own fault for expecting a badass protagonist.

About Extra and Unlimited

the fact you had to play through the other two games in the series were much more damning than Takeru's minor issues

This.

MLA has it's issues (for me

the fact that it's an hard sci-fi that invests so much in logical explanations about everything and then it's based on a miracle, the occasional lolwut explanations like in the case of Isumi -this was actually a bit hard on me because I like her XD- saying that their suits are trasparent to save on the cost of the colorant, that the main cast that you know from Muv-Luv that suddenly get all serious like that etc...) but at least are faults of something that's basically good (I found the coup d'État chapter really interesting, overall the political situation was it's strong point for me), while with the first Muv-Luv things go the other way around.

I don't hate or rage over Extra and Unlimited because I see them as the first part of what overall is a big nakige, with a comedic beginning that makes you emphatise with the characters -> shit happens -> happy ending and so has it's sense, but -maybe because they are structured as separate games- that gap feels weird.

-----

I'm playing Higurashi; I watched the first season of the anime some years ago, so I don't remember it very well but it's me or there was stuff in it that wasn't there in the first four chapters of the novel? Because I vaguely remembered the stories of the first 3 chapters but not the last one and still, I remember scenes in the anime that I never read in the novel* (and I wouldn't think that they are from Kai because it has it's own anime adaptation that I didn't watch yet).

* just two clearly, the scene in which

Rika stabs herself in the temple and the one when Mion (?) kicks the scooters, when in the novel the scene is with Keiichi and Shion (Mion? asd) that saves him from the three guys

Edited by Uzuki Sepia
Guest loppez
Witch´s Gardem.

Time to learn another language while playing games, again.:cool:

another one... learn japanese from visual novel. hell yeah. great idea.

if you don't believe me watch this guy. although he is not funny at all....he is right.

Edited by loppez

Well, most moege are boring. >_>

The thing is, I usually LOVE moege; practically live on the stuff =p. Anyway I've finished it now and it did get better once I got into the routes. However I would say that only one route is good, where the others are just average. So yeah, I'm puzzled how it got an average of 80/100. People must really like the e-mote system or something.

So getting back to the topic of this thread, I'm currently 80% through "Grisaia no Rakuen".