whats the most important thing in a eroge

whats the most important thing in a eroge  

106 members have voted

1. 1. whats the most important thing in a eroge

so what do you think is the most important thing in a eroge is it story is it the graphics or maybe the characters

as for me i think the most important thing is the story of course next would be the music why because lets say one of the main heroins is killed and in the background theirs really happy music going on it just ruins the story so anyway what do you think is most important

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say. I believe it's all about the story but on the other hand it's also important that the art and bgm fits the whole thing.

I would say the most important thing is the overall experience. Even if a visual novel doesn't have an awesome story it still

can be enjoyable because of having a nice soundtrack and cg's.

Why isn't there a 'other' option in the poll anyway?

Edited by OneManArmy

Graphics also played a quite significant role for me. For an example, I can't get myself to play Umineko without the PS3 graphic patch because the arts is kinda repulsive to me (I know it's a sound novel and it has a good story). And people who spewing out spoilers everywhere I go in the forum (animetake) doesn't help either.

Story, graphics, music, some gore here and there, bunch of decisions, bad endings, and lets not forget: Lolis.

Long live the lolis.:D

I think the characters are most important. Why? Becouse if either graphics, music, or story is crap you can still play the game for the characters(unless the game is total crap), of course it works in other way too if characters are annoing then you won't enjoy playing the game, and why would you play a game if you're not enjoing it? For me the game with most annoying characters was Harem Party. The whitch was pretty nice but the rest was either boring or annoying .

Characters, without a doubt. If the characters are lovable and interesting, they can be doing mundane things and make it seem fun. A perfect example of this is "Crimsoness". I use that example because although the graphics were shit, I don't remember any music to speak of, and there was no coherent plotline, the batshit-crazy interesting protag made it a decent little mini-game.

Long live the lolis.:D

I think the characters are most important. Why? Becouse if either graphics, music, or story is crap you can still play the game for the characters(unless the game is total crap), of course it works in other way too if characters are annoing then you won't enjoy playing the game, and why would you play a game if you're not enjoing it? For me the game with most annoying characters was Harem Party. The whitch was pretty nice but the rest was either boring or annoying .

Yeah they were all pretty annoying... except for Nia, she was awesome :D

First is graphics >>> come on, you play eroge primarily for the plot?

Second is characters >>> lots of beautiful girls...thumbs up!

Third is plot >>> non sense plot is a no no, plus points if its romance, deduct points for rape

Music >>> seriously? Watch K-on eroge if there is any

First is graphics >>> come on, you play eroge primarily for the plot?

Second is characters >>> lots of beautiful girls...thumbs up!

Third is plot >>> non sense plot is a no no, plus points if its romance, deduct points for rape

Music >>> seriously? Watch K-on eroge if there is any

By music it means BGM, would you play a silent eroge, or one with horrible music. You'd be mostly right in saying you could mute it but I know for certain The Sagara Family (or whatever it's called) BGM music slider doesn't work, it's always on full volume where you can barely hear the voices.

By music it means BGM, would you play a silent eroge, or one with horrible music. You'd be mostly right in saying you could mute it but I know for certain
I knew what you mean... I was just saying this if somebody has posted primarily because they aim for the music..

When the story is good, graphics are the least of my worries... Umineko had some of the weirdest character designs ever, but the plot was interesting, yeah, reaaaaaaaally confusing, but epic.

Also, the characters, gotta have at least one that I can simpatize with... and yeah, lolis X3

I would go for a story

look no further than 07thExpansion's games

bad graphic but great story

AMAZING characters, IMO. Just saying, the games wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting with the formless moe-blobs that inhabit many anime/VNs.