What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

Just finish Chaos Labyrinth this morning....

well, it's pretty cute VN for me, got simple-RPG Gampelay ^_^ and Maze

even though it's short and in Japanese, I still get what they're talking about (though can't read fluently yet)

bit refreshing ^_^ and nice, and... well.... good I guess ^_^

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Rewrite. All in all, it was a good VN that has one of the largest scopes I've ever seen. Unfortunately, there are a lot of flaws that hold it back from being truly great. The biggest flaw would be character consistency. If you pick one character from one route and compare it to the same character from a different route, they won't even be remotely the same. Kotarou is the worst offender of this. If I can't find out what a character is actually like, how the fuck am I supposed to know if I actually like them?

The biggest flaw would be character consistency. | Kotarou is the worst offender of this. If I can't find out what a character is actually like

Actually, it was supposed to be like this because...

... Rewrite is using the many-worlds interpretation.

But yeah, I do understand what you mean.

Did we play a different game or something?

We have a different taste, that's for sure.

(And as far as AkabeiSoft music goes, G-Senjou OST is what I considered the best.)

The biggest flaw would be character consistency. If you pick one character from one route and compare it to the same character from a different route, they won't even be remotely the same. Kotarou is the worst offender of this.

I think it was like that because their behavior was mostly based on their development during the route they're currently in.

(In addition, there's the fact that the game has three different writers. So it's not even going too far to say that every route might as well be an entirely different game.) :p

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

I think it was like that because their behavior was mostly based on their development during the route they're currently in.

(In addition, there's the fact that the game has three different writers.) :p

Maybe its just me but I dont have any problem with characters acting differently depending on the route. I in fact probably like that more personally.

I agree with Battler the characters were very consistent the thing you are seeing is development Wojo, they changed they got taken out of their little hell holes by Kenichi and they changed, they overcame their problems and fears.

Just finished Rewrite. All in all, it was a good VN that has one of the largest scopes I've ever seen. Unfortunately, there are a lot of flaws that hold it back from being truly great. The biggest flaw would be character consistency. If you pick one character from one route and compare it to the same character from a different route, they won't even be remotely the same. Kotarou is the worst offender of this. If I can't find out what a character is actually like, how the fuck am I supposed to know if I actually like them?

I have to agree with Star Sama and Lone Wolf its because of the development they go through is different so they wont be the same in every route but i havent played it yet :p im just basing this off of the vn i already tried

Except that Wojo and I are talking about Rewrite, not Sharin no Kuni. lol

And just for the record, I was semi-agreeing with Wojo, even if my previous post doesn't show it, though.

Having three different writers for Rewrite are both a success and a problem in itself. Knowing that Tonokawa Yuuto (of Little Busters!...Well, he wrote the scenario for Komari and Yuiko in LB), Tanaka Romeo (of Cross†Channel, Kazoku Keikaku, Kana ~Imouto~, Saihate no Ima) and Ryukishi (of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni, Rose Gun Days) has teamed up for this VN surely must have intrigued most people who valued good storyline and writing to see what kind of miracle was being produced by this combination. In that regards, I consider it a success. Key's have caught my attention.

However, the differences brought by having multiple writers are apparently too obvious to be overlook. The abundant fighting scenes in Chihaya's route (Tonokawa Yuuto), and the sudden shift of writing style as soon as you entered Lucia's route (Ryukishi) are one of the biggest examples. I still think that characters can behave differently depending on the routes they are currently in, but I also can't deny that having different writers plays a role in causing characters inconsistency at some aspect. This VN can be a bit messy at times.

Having three different writers for Rewrite are both a success and a problem in itself.

Thank you, that's what I was going for, but couldn't quite explain. Every writer has their own distinguishable style. If you've played a Type-Moon VN before, and you started playing another one without knowing that it was Type-Moon, you would either figure it out or think "You know, this feels like a Type-Moon product." Rewrite just felt inconsistent in some places. Some writers took different artistic liberties with their routes. For example,

Kotarou's Rewrite meter is the most inconsistent thing in there. Sometimes going all the way around won't do a single thing, sometimes only going halfway will make him inhuman.

Also, I can see how this could be explained, but an example of what I mean by "inconsistent characters" would be

Shizuru in Lucia's route. In the common route (and other routes), Shizuru is a pretty quiet person who speaks only when she needs to. As the story goes on, she slowly opens up and starts talking more. In Lucia's route, she just suddenly becomes the most talkative person in Rewrite who is able to not only discuss her emotions completely, but everyone else's as well. There's no development, just a drastic shift in character.

This is probably just a pet peeve that bugs only me, since it can be explained away, but I still don't like it any more than I do without one.

Edited by Wojo
I just wondered how you're able to give a game 9/10 if you didn't like its art and music.

I don't get it. It isn't like people need to like every aspect of a VN in order to give it a 9/10. Does the words "the good outweighs the bad" doesn't apply to your principle?

Nvm, I guess I should perhaps explain my scoring method a bit.

1. My score was largely based on the storyline, characters, writings, what I found unique about the VN, and a bit on my own personal enjoyment since I consider those aspects to be the most important when it comes to Visual Novels.

Stuff such as art, seiyuu, sound effect, and music doesn't exactly have much to do when deciding my overall score, unless when they prove to be remarkable in which case, I will add 1-2 point for it, or in the event where they are very horrible and annoying, I'll subtract 1-2 points. As for Sharin, except for the seiyuu and CGs quality, I don't really take the rest into account.

2. As I've said before, I'm not fond with Sharin's music but does that means the music is bad? No. So I don't see the need to lower my score.

3. Even if the CGs, Chapter 3, and most of the endings are bad/disappointing, Houzuki presence alone can make them all seems somewhat trivial matter. :p

So I finished all that is translated of Majikoi. Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!

I downloaded this VN because I was searching for something light and fun to take break with. And I got that and more from this VN; it was a very fun experience that had me laughing non stop from the very beginning to the end while also immersing me in some awesome fights and if it wasn't doing neither of those it was either trying to make me cry or giving me some nice romance.

[spoiler=mini I don't even know about majikoi that is spoiler free]

the characters all get some form of development be them background characters or not, as you get to know with most of them their likes, their dislikes, their ambitions and their particularities and their past.

The music is more than decent and while not extremely memorable there are plenty of different tracks that often set the mood well.

Here are some of my favourites.

[video=youtube_share;gmr2I-PqaL4]

AND THE BONUS:

The art is not Umineko level art.

The game is entertaining from the Tutorial to the after stories, it will have you visiting the same damn tutorial hundreds of times and replaying scenes so you can get another good laugh at them.

As to how I felt about the routes I got to play:

Momoyo: Her route is all about the MC, as we get to see Yamato do his best to improve himself for Momoyo and while this route wasn't the funniest nor the most emotional it had some of the best action in the whole VN and it had in my opion by far the best after story (the after story felt so damn good for me:p..if you know what I mean). And most importantly of all "The Squid That Said A Bad Thing".

Mayuchi: Her route was a lot of fun, Mazukase has some awesome and funny lines, and her route just like Momoyo's had some really nice action. Mayuchi was very more and her route was about overcoming her shyness and problems and it was very nice to see her over come her problems. Also Her ass is not bad at all.

Chris: The route I enjoyed the least as it's only I really got complaints about, to me it felt as if the characters and specially Yamato change a lot and for no reason at all and they do things that to me felt way beyond them, I was also dissapointed with Chris and how her personality ended turning out. Also her dad, just no. But to redeem itself this route probably has the funniest moment in the game. The route was about love I guess? Or fallowing your heart? I don't even know..next.

Kawakami kazuko (aka Wanko): GAHAHA the best for last. Wanko's route was by far the one with the most emotion in it as it even made me shed a few a tears and cry at one point. The route is all about Wanko and how wonderful and amazing she is as Yamato said she is dazzling and it was truly great to support and her help achieve her dream. Wanko and her route are both extremly moe when their isn't anything serious going on so it's really light hearted over all even if a lot less so when compared to the other routes. The route was all about dreams and doing ones best.

And to end this I have to say that it was and it's very nice how the game closes when you are done playing :)

I give this game a :9.8/10. Out of how much I enjoyed it vs anything else that I've played before and how good it was over all.

Also It's 2AM so this text probably has 13122311238131 mistakes on it and is probably poorly written but w/e it mentions Wanko so it's still a good text.

Edited by Stàr
So I finished all that is translated of Majikoi. Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!

I downloaded this VN because I was searching for something light and fun to take break with. And I got that and more from this VN; it was a very fun experience that had me laughing non stop from the very beginning to the end while also immersing me in some awesome fights and if it wasn't doing neither of those it was either trying to make me cry or giving me some nice romance.

[spoiler=mini I don't even know about majikoi that is spoiler free]

the characters all get some form of development be them background characters or not, as you get to know with most of them their likes, their dislikes, their ambitions and their particularities and their past.

The music is more than decent and while not extremely memorable there are plenty of different tracks that often set the mood well.

Here are some of my favourites.

[video=youtube_share;gmr2I-PqaL4]

AND THE BONUS:

The art is not Umineko level art.

The game is entertaining from the Tutorial to the after stories, it will have you visiting the same damn tutorial hundreds of times and replaying scenes so you can get another good laugh at them.

As to how I felt about the routes I got to play:

Momoyo: Her route is all about the MC, as we get to see Yamato do his best to improve himself for Momoyo and while this route wasn't the funniest nor the most emotional it had some of the best action in the whole VN and it had in my opion by far the best after story (the after story felt so damn good for me:p..if you know what I mean). And most importantly of all "The Squid That Said A Bad Thing".

Mayuchi: Her route was a lot of fun, Mazukase has some awesome and funny lines, and her route just like Momoyo's had some really nice action. Mayuchi was very more and her route was about overcoming her shyness and problems and it was very nice to see her over come her problems. Also Her ass is not bad at all.

Chris: The route I enjoyed the least as it's only I really got complaints about, to me it felt as if the characters and specially Yamato change a lot and for no reason at all and they do things that to me felt way beyond them, I was also dissapointed with Chris and how her personality ended turning out. Also her dad, just no. But to redeem itself this route probably has the funniest moment in the game. The route was about love I guess? Or fallowing your heart? I don't even know..next.

Kawakami kazuko (aka Wanko): GAHAHA the best for last. Wanko's route was by far the one with the most emotion in it as it even made me shed a few a tears and cry at one point. The route is all about Wanko and how wonderful and amazing she is as Yamato said she is dazzling and it was truly great to support and her help achieve her dream. Wanko and her route are both extremly moe when their isn't anything serious going on so it's really light hearted over all even if a lot less so when compared to the other routes. The route was all about dreams and doing ones best.

And to end this I have to say that it was and it's very nice how the game closes when you are done playing :)

I give this game a :9.8/10. Out of how much I enjoyed it vs anything else that I've played before and how good it was over all.

Also It's 2AM so this text probably has 13122311238131 mistakes on it and is probably poorly written but w/e it mentions Wanko so it's still a good text.

Yes! More converted to the Majikoi love!

Played so many visual novels without finishing them... Kira Kira was the most recent visual novel that I finished. It wasn't really all that great but it had an average story. I didn't really like the characters much so I probably spent 5 minutes playing every one or two days. Other times I was playing FPS games with Itunes on in the background. The latest route I finished was Rewrite's Chihaya route. Got the game for Lucia's route. Ended up with wet eyes on this one. Half-way through another route, I was on the verge of crying.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (arcs 5-8). And of course as a result of that - all of Higurashi.

There was nothing that I didn't like about it. Nope. Can't think of a single thing. That should tell you how much I loved it in the end. I'll be honest and say that I did not think Kai would actually hold my attention quite as much as Ni (arcs 1-4), but it did. It was better. It was a perfect finale for an exceedingly entertaining and memorable story. The songs and sound effects in Kai are better than the ones in Ni, and yes, that does matter a lot. Music and sound effects are incredibly important for Higurashi. The original PC titles are called Sound Novels for a reason. It's... astonishing really, how well the music and sound sets the mood for every single moment in there.

Higurashi Kai is one of the best VNs I've read at this point in time. The Higurashi series as a whole is up there with Ever17 for me, easily. Its setting is just so good, and the characters are so good, and the brilliant ominous atmosphere... the MASSIVE amount of excellent mysteries... music, sound... creepiness... the FRIENDSHIP... the powerful and epic moments... the highly emotional scenes... you get the point. I'll write more about this "in detail" later, yea.

Edited by Harlequin
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (arcs 5-8). And of course as a result of that - all of Higurashi.

There was nothing that I didn't like about it. Nope. Can't think of a single thing. That should tell you how much I loved it in the end. I'll be honest and say that I did not think Kai would actually hold my attention quite as much as Ni (arcs 1-4), but it did. It was better. It was a perfect finale for an exceedingly entertaining and memorable story. The songs and sound effects in Kai are better than the ones in Ni, and yes, that does matter a lot. Music and sound effects are incredibly important for Higurashi. The original PC titles are called Sound Novels for a reason. It's... astonishing really, how well the music and sound sets the mood for every single moment in there.

Higurashi Kai is the third best VN I've read at this point in time. The Higurashi series as a whole is up there with Ever17 for me, easily. Its setting is just so good, and the characters are so good, and the brilliant ominous atmosphere... the MASSIVE amount of excellent mysteries... music, sound... creepiness... the FRIENDSHIP... the powerful and epic moments... the highly emotional scenes... you get the point. I'll write more about this "in detail" later, yea.

Surprised you liked Higurashi that much :) I am very glad to see that but there is one thing I am even happier about.

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

Edited by battlerrules
Surprised you liked Higurashi that much :)

I'm surprised too! Yea, really. Knew it was gonna be good because hey, it's a mystery VN. But this much? No, actually didn't expect that. I'd like to say that it's simply because of Hinamizawa (love it), but there are so many other reasons too. The setting certainly is a very big reason though, yes. The setting and all the characters in it. It was special to me from the very beginning, in arc 1... and well, it just kept going from there.

I just finished Princess Waltz and it was the definition of mediocre.

The art was quite good, the OST had some enjoyable tracks, the characters (except one) were rather boring, the fighting system was way too easy, the story didn't get me at all, the romance of this game was totally awkward, one of the main protagonist was a real mood killer and the ending was a big piece of shit.

So yeah, play this game if you're looking for something to calm yourself down from epic stuff.

6.6/10

Edited by OneManArmy
yea princess waltz and its annoying card game that you cannot skip. did not like

I actually had no problems with the card game itself but more with its difficulty.

which one? i liked the red princess, the one with a haughty attitude

The red princess was alright but I liked Lun Lun the most.

And Chris pretty much destroyed the whole game for me...

yea princess waltz and its annoying card game that you cannot skip. did not like

which one? i liked the red princess, the one with a haughty attitude

what??

the card game were so easy,,

its just a 4yo strategy game <.>

I actually had no problems with the card game itself but more with its difficulty.

The red princess was alright but I liked Lun Lun the most.

And Chris pretty much destroyed the whole game for me...

LunLun is awesome alright~ XD

Somehow finished Kawakaburi No Cherry. -.-"

Nothing much to say. Score: 3.5/10

lolz..

no matter how much i like older girls..

this one dont even gave me any mood >>>