What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

Finished reading the translated portion of Majikoi.

First of all, I need to praise the seiyuu cast. They are really awesome, unarguably all of them did a great job. I never skip the voices. The BGM is slightly above average, with nothing extraordinary or memorable.

I'm quite disappointed with the lack of CGs. There seems to be a handful of scenes where a CG would have made the visual better. Tachie looks superb and has a lot of variations befitting a quality visual novel. Overall, they are very expressive and are in a high quality level.

The protagonist, Naoe Yamoto, is among the best protagonist I've seen so far. He has an interesting personality and traits that make him different from the usual generic protagonist. There are minor flaws such as character inconsistencies in heroine route that went against his established character in the prologue, though that doesn't stop him from being my favorite protagonist alongside Morita Kenichi and Sakisaka Fuminori.

The main heroine was totally wonderful. Each of them has different unique personality with a strong chemistry with each other, providing an outstanding characters interaction. The supporting character was amazing too, and literally all of them has their own personality. I can't say the writer expand their role beyond the basic necessities, though, but since they did shine whenever they're required to be, I guess all is fine. Overall, it was a solid perfomances.

Prologue - 8/10 The lengthy prologue did an amazing job at setting up the storyline and introducing the characters, making the readers relate to them. The comedy and character interaction is pure gold. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Character Selection Phase - 1.5/5 Then here comes the character selection phase where you've to choose and click the character you want to interact with. Honestly, although I did get why they choose this method, it still can't stop me from hating it. The prologue has set up a really nice flow, and the character selection phase did nothing but broke it.

Chris Route – 5/10

I honestly doesn't like her as a heroine. She's a great character but I just can't imagine her being a suitable heroine for Yamato. Her route was also the weakest of all, with great final conflict wasted into slapstick comedy, destroying any sense of anticipation. The horrible pacing and the stupid force feed "drama" at the end doesn't help either. There's only one memorable scene in her route for me, and it was in the form of a h-scene.

Chris doesn't have after story.

Kazuko Route - 9/10

It has the same score as Momoyo route, but arguably, it was the best route in Majikoi. I love the overall plot and story progression. It might not have the same amount of comedic silliness and exaggeration as in Momoyo's route, but Wanko's route compensates by having a good character depth, something that Momoyo lacks on her own route, in my opinion. Overall, it has a stronger plot, and good pacing compares to the others. (And finally, a damn proper epilogue! What a pleasant surprise!) That onsen scene is awesome too.

However, there are quite a few things that I don't like, but it's a minor issues so I will not writes it here.

Kazuko After Story - Quite good.

Overall - 8.5/10

It was a fairly great visual novel with an awesome character interaction and insane comedy, but it also has flaws such as the tendency to have an unnecessary "drama" at the end of routes and a somewhat formulaic story.

I didn't find the Character selection to be a bother at all, but those are opinions.

There are minor flaws such as character inconsistencies in heroine route that went against his established character in the prologue.

*Cough**cough* Shit Chris route*cough**cough*

I hated the Chris route, it killed the character for me, making her look half retarded, and then Yamato doing what he did. And then the "final drama" as you call it, my god, my god.

Wanko deserved a 10 QQ...

That onsen scene is awesome too.
..I'm dizzy
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I finally finished Period after having it stalled on and off for a while. I enjoyed it overall. The Protag is one of the most relatable guys out there (at least for me).. it's rare because you don't usually get good protags in love story type VNs, but Mitsuki is pretty cool. As far as the routes are concerned, some are of course better than others. I would probably just say Miyu's route was lacking in quality and is the only one I would probably consider a "bad" route. I didn't like her character much to begin with. The rest are in the "fine" to "pretty good" category with some criticisms like in Yukina's route [spoiler=Yukina]Didn't really like the loli h-scene thing.. seemed like tacked on fan-service and happened too fast

I know some people do skip out on his particular VN because of the art, but Oyari's art in a lot of the scenes is really nice. Oh, and you'll be disappointed if you're looking for boobs.. because they are nowhere to be found. The music is good and rememberable, but not a lot of tracks to distinguish from. But yeah, overall i would say this VN is in the 7.5 - 8 range.

: o Had never seen this VN before...I laughed when I read your final comment about being disappointed if looking for boobs.

Guest loppez

Wanko deserved a 10 QQ...

+1

side routes are only average. i played chika and umeko. nothing special.

i just finished Akiho route in Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba. it's like otome in da capo 2 but better. i think i would give 8/10.

Edited by loppez

finished true end of remember11

I must say, the story really got me. Especially that ending.[spoiler=ever17,remember11] I was initially expecting ever17 3rd eye phenomenon in yuni. I still don't understand why the "third person", who i initially thought of as a baby in the great mother, would act in certain ways..in fact, i dont think i understand at all..what was yuni trying to say...what happened to that part? did the event where yuni was about to reveal something never happened(it quickly changed because it was contradicting something), is it even necessary to explain that, or, is it purposely emitted by the game so that we can unlock it after finished all the bad ends and such? So is YUKIDOH a third eye and kokoron just a normal human?

I realize that i still have a bit of story to finish (most of the bad ends), but i feel too lazy and i think the vn itself plays a part in that, its difficult to navigate, especially with that "save system data" thing that is making me a little annoyed (i saved the system data after one bad end the game reverted to a state where i never progressed beyond it i.e disabling the shortcuts that i had already unlocked), and keyboard commands are unresponsive at parts (mouse doesn't work). I'll give it a 9/10 for the story, i would recommend this if your looking for a good mystery vn

I'll postpone the bad ends for some time, what i need is a convenient walkthrough for them....

Done with Utawarerumono, and it was way better than what I expected at first. Characters were designed well, art was excellent and the story was beautiful (but a bit confusing, I don't know if it's because of problems with translation). In the beginning I didn't like the game's musics but I really started to like some tracks that appeared later in the game. Jokes were well done and

the gay twins were totally hilarious.

Overall: very good, 8/10. I'd say this game is like the better version of Koihime Musou excluding the h-stuff which didn't have that big a role in Utawarerumono.

I actually finished a DS VN called "Infinite Space" a while ago. I will discuss it here because I don't find it anywhere on either forum or game list.

It's practically a spacefaring game where a young boy ends up becoming a captain of a ship. You are the young boy, and you can control the ship -> FLEET during battle, involved ship customization options, travel between regions, etc.

The game is in no way childish, and has many adults themes (except h-scene :p).

I give it an 8.5/10. It has good art, good music, and the gameplay is OK. The story gets extremely deep as you progress through this game. The reason the boy becomes a captain is not idiotic like many others out there, but gives valid reasons for many things that happen in the game.

The character designs are just great. There isn't a single character in this game that follows the norm of all animes/games etc. Every single character in this game has its own personality, story, and reasons for doing what they're doing.

I am really suprised that a game like this hasn't come out on the PC or console with better graphics/gameplay etc.

I enjoyed playing this on the DS for two hours in bed before going to sleep ^_^.

Edited by boukyaku
Done with Utawarerumono, and it was way better than what I expected at first. Characters were designed well, art was excellent and the story was beautiful (but a bit confusing, I don't know if it's because of problems with translation). In the beginning I didn't like the game's musics but I really started to like some tracks that appeared later in the game. Jokes were well done and

the gay twins were totally hilarious.

Overall: very good, 8/10. I'd say this game is like the better version of Koihime Musou excluding the h-stuff which didn't have that big a role in Utawarerumono.

I think that the translation is fine, is the plot twist that is confusing. I liked it too though, is a very nice vn.

finished Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS

got to say the way it fucks with your mind so many times makes me want to say 'what the fuck' for 5 mins

the puzzles are also pretty hard without any help or FAQs but still pretty fun and you dont necessarily need a walkthrough since the provide one for you its just the fucking puzzles that fuck you up

the sort of 'time traveling' bit is also nice

i would give it a 9/10 since it is a sequel to 9 hours, 9 doors, 9 people

done with Umineko, and what the heck happen with Rokkenjima..

witches? demons? sacrifice?

total mindfucking for this one, can't wait for the UmiTweak patch for the Chiru Arc

Lucky bastard you are, since it'll be released soon :D As for myself, I'm waiting for almost a year now :'(

Anyway glad you liked it!

[spoiler=heavy ep.4 spoilers] Whatever the answer will be, it probably will be trolltastic bro ;)

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1340/55/1340555206406.jpg

Lucky bastard you are, since it'll be released soon :D As for myself, I'm waiting for almost a year now :'(

Anyway glad you liked it!

[spoiler=heavy ep.4 spoilers] Whatever the answer will be, it probably will be trolltastic bro ;)

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1340/55/1340555206406.jpg

LOL, both of them really like to troll peoples~ xD

but yeah, am i the one who is wondering that Beatrice is one of the victims too?

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Words Worth. Havent have a great gameplay VN since Sengoku Rance. This game is totally worth it plotwise and gameplaywise, as simplistic as it is. Too bad about the translation though...

As a wise warrior horse-man used to say : ITS ONLY NATURAL FOR A WARRIOR LIKE ME TO FUCK A LOT OF WOMEN.

[spoiler=]http://i.imgur.com/oZvu296.jpg

Edited by iLoveTsundere
Oh and I hate harems btw...

No spoiler, but good luck with grisaia then lol. They pretty much got rid of all the routes in the second game and combined the routes in the first game.. it's pretty much a harem for the second and third game AFAIK.

Edited by desi
typo
No spoiler, but good luck with grisaia then lol. They pretty much get rid of all the routes in the second game and combine the routes in the first game.. it's pretty much a harem for the second and third game AFAIK.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5371/re9n.jpg

My first post after a few month of absence in this thread here. And I finished just a few eroge in this long time:

Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou

Heart de Roommate

Komorebi no Nostalgica

Komorebi no Nostalgica was the best one, but it's not translated so far. The other two are translated, but yeah, nothing compared to Komorebi. Heart the Roommate is the better one from the two mentioned.

It wasn't exactly the last, but I played Quartett!

Probably for the first time I was sorry because a vn was too short, once you play the first route there's not much left (even if I didn't exactly love Li Shuhua's route). Imo it doesn't really lack anything but still I would have liked to read more of it... I'll try Period sooner or later.