What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

Snow Sakura - Not very good but i like Saki route. 7/10

In my opinion Saki is the only valid reason to play Yukizakura. Other heroines... well I`ve cleared their routes just because I don`t like to leave VNs half-finished. The entire Snow Sakura is more like a good breather between two bigger titles.

Edited by Erika Furudo
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Umineko ep 6. Honestly, that conclusion with

Battler and Beatrice getting married felt so much like the ending of Umineko for some reason.

^Been reading too many romance mangas.

As ep 8 draws closer and closer, I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness as I know my thus-far amazing Umineko experience will soon come to an end :(

It's been quite an extraordinary journey and I'm looking forward to seeing why Chiru is only #24 on VNDB.

Edited by Kaskade

Finished Danganronpa (first one)

Gotta say, it got me into reading it from the beginning, the characters and the mystery was superb. Aside from that, it exceeded my expectations. I'm not into this kind of games, or so I thought. This mystery stuff is cool, and this game made me realize it even more. My score is 10/10.

Finished Tsukihime last night. It was quite good. The story is definitely complex enough to keep you engaged and most of the conflicts in the routes are very well done. This is a VN where you really didn't need any voices. The atmosphere and characters alone help add another dimension to this VN in which voices work perfectly without. The biggest criticism is how some twists are spoiled in previous routes. I think they could have planned that in a better way. Also, listening to the same 10 tracks or so could bother some people, but I didn't notice it too much. I know some people want to wait for the remake or whatnot to play the game, but I wouldn't really recommend that. Play this classic first and then play the remake a few years from now when it's actually out and translated and you can compare it. I'm pretty sure parts will be rewritten. Also, all the side stuff is in the old art anyways. 9/10 overall.

Refer to this post for my initial thoughts

Finished Konosora and used the 1.0 Restoration patch. Common route was well sorted-out, but once you enter a route, the translation starts flying all over the place. Ageha's route seems to suffer the most from it, but it doesn't detract me from her hilariousness.

Thankfully, the broken English is only on the initial parts of the individual routes. The aforementioned Ageha route has also been restored back to its original 18+ plot.

The CGs in this game are beautifully drawn. There are animated parts, although typical of VNs, the 3D animations look like they're done with software from the 90s. The CG review however WILL get messy due to the additional CGs added in by the restopatch.

The music is probably my favorite part of the game. Too bad either Moenovel or the restopatch fucked up the coding and I can see only 26 out of the 28 songs from the OST in the BGM review. OR there's an Omake track in the OST that I don't know about. In any case, I can't see the ED track Perfect Sky in my BGM review.

My favorite routes in order:

1. Kotori

2. Yoru

3. Ageha

4. Amane

5. Asa

I'll mention again, most of my criticisms are already posted here.

On the other routes, there wasn't really anything big or major that I hated on.

except for Ageha unwilling to say that she loves Aoi in her route, but her and Hotaru being funny in the route and being a totally awesome bro on the other routes (especially Kotori's) convince me that actions are better than words anyway.

Asa's route feels a bit quick though, and not enough conflict happens after the branching-off point to make it a memorable route. A bit like Ryou's route in the Fujibayashi twins branching in Clannad.

Yoru's route was much better than Asa's IMO because of the character development in her part, "holding flowers in both hands".

and my wish that the oh-so-perfect and reliable protag to fail at least once came true

oh and because threesome with loli twintailed twins

Amane's route wasn't quite memorable either, considering that Kotori's route was a prerequisite in unlocking Amane's. I prefer to play the best routes last, so it was kind of a bummer for me.

Overall, if I can concentrate on understanding the spoken Japanese when the English goes on the way to the toilet, I can give the game a decent 6.8/10. I recommend this title to anyone who enjoyed Hoshizora no Memoria.

The restoration patch wasn't so bad, but Aaeru should at least fix the onomatopoeias on the sex scenes and RusAnon for the broken Gallery menu. And better TLC, QC and proofreading to those helping the project.

Edited by evollove

While not really "finished" I completed the translated part of MGQ3 last night, and the story has yet to disappoint me. It's also still one of the few games where I wish they left out about 80% of the erotic content, both due to it's.... horrific(?) nature and the fact that I'm mostly just pining for a pure Alice + Luka combination, they get along so well after all.

I especially think the interactions with all the past characters is done really well

One of the best moments is when the pedo mermaid comments on Alice's new size and hearkens all the way back to her suggestion that younger is better in chapter 1

I was also pleasantly surprised at how good the quality of the translation is, especially considering how fast it's been progressing.

Is it just me, or do VN's with good/great story generally have bad erotic elements that only take away from the experience most of the time.

Well it's a tricky subject, in most good stories I want the hero/heroine to win. When that includes them having sex at any point it just feels voyeuristic which can disturb immersion. I tend to just skip straight through these scenes. Rape is different, as I see it as an ordeal the character needs to overcome, and I'm interested in how they go about that. Game-over rape in many games is different again, as it's done at the end with no chance of the character winning anymore.

I guess what I'm trying to get to is "Where do erotic scenes really fit in storytelling" which might be a bit of a heavy topic for this thread, which I don't want to derail too much.

Sex sells :p.

Anyway, h-scenes just makes the game more realistic to me even though the scenes themselves are usually horribly written/translated. It signifies to me that a certain level has been reached in the plot even if the scene itself adds nothing to the plot. It's the act itself that's significant to me.

On another note, I just finished Sengoku Rance a couple of day ago. Funny game, an OK gameplay, and interesting characters. If you're looking for a game that will fill up a lot of your time, this is it. I ended up cheating in the end to get through the game cause it would take too much time to complete traditionally.

As for Sengoku rance not so long ago I`ve finished my 5th and last run of it. 1 for main story, 3 x for Kenshin, Yamamoto and Ran routes + 1 free run to gather lacking scenes in gallery (all together gives us more than 125h of gameplay). This allowed me to fill 95% of gallery. I`ve beaten every boss monster in dungeon etc. Now I feel almost like walking Sengoku Rance encyclopedia. Rance is extremelly addicting once you get the hang of it. As long as one`s not scared of huge amount of h-scenes (there are really good ones among them) Sengoku Rance is definitely worth giving a try.

@ Gerard, I`ve seen them both :p

^ You finished Sengoku Rance? Did you manage to get the event where

Rance turned into a female Rance that looks like Nobunaga's wife so he chased after him(her) , or the event where Rance dreams that every guy in the world wanted to fuck him? Those two scenes were priceless! xD

I definitely ended up getting the option of turning Rance into that but chose to end the route. I've only finished the True route and attained 90/106 CG scenes. I used the walkthrough on gamefaqs then got a few more when I started cheating in the end :p.

I haven't touched the other heroine routes. It's time to stop when you start feeling like the gameplay gets really repetitive. If there was an option to auto-battle everything except boss battles and when important characters show up as the enemy, then I would still play.

And yes, many priceless moments in that game. Maybe someone should take count how many times "Let me fuck you" is muttered in that game.

Next game, Galaxy Angels. It seems like Fuwanovel has all three games setup nicely and after Majikoi, Utawarerumono, and Sengoku Rance, I really need something futuristic.

Sex sells :p.

Anyway, h-scenes just makes the game more realistic to me even though the scenes themselves are usually horribly written/translated. It signifies to me that a certain level has been reached in the plot even if the scene itself adds nothing to the plot. It's the act itself that's significant to me.

On another note, I just finished Sengoku Rance a couple of day ago. Funny game, an OK gameplay, and interesting characters. If you're looking for a game that will fill up a lot of your time, this is it. I ended up cheating in the end to get through the game cause it would take too much time to complete traditionally.

I'm playing sengoku rance atm, just finished first playthrough for the true route

i'm addicted

completed don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story. It was a unique experience because of the interface. The posts were quite funny

Edited by pramit
That reminds me, Utawarerumono was my first VN and the impetus that drove me into the VN world. Now where's my Utawarerumono 2? I haven't hear any news on it since 2011 :(

The game was released around 2002 and now, 10years later, the sequel is still not out. Accept the truth Mary, there won't be a Utawarerumono 2.

The game I literally just completed about an hour ago was the slightly controversial VN, Konosora, i'm probably going to do another playthrough when all of the newer patches come out but for now i'm satisfied. The game itself was pretty good, it gave me the same kind of vibes I got when i was reading Hoshizora no Memoria, purely heartwarming and a great read. Favorite routes in order of Most liked to least are: Amane, Kotori, Ageha, Yoru, Asa.

Edited by Jjredster
Just finished Grisaia's Amane route, there are no words to describe just how awful this route was, consistency was terrible, pacing was terrible, I'd say more but those would probably be spoilers.

I'm pretty sure im at the last like 30 minutes of michirus route and i loved it shes my favorite just sad to see it end :(

Guest loppez

Michiru is the only good route. when you play common route she is stupid tsundere idiot. when you start her route, everything changes. if you hate amane route, i am sure you will like michiru. completely opposite.

sad they made michiru lame in sequel.