What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

I ended up finishing FSN UBW and HF. I was under the impression that the last episode of the Fate route gets unlocked after going through all three routes for the Realta Nua version. Is this not so for the PC game?

Edit: Whoops, nevermind, I figured out what the problem is. Anyway, for the user who stopped at Fate route, just know that what one first views is the "normal" ending. There's a "true" ending for the Fate route that's only unlocked after seeing all the other endings. Definitely a must see if you are particular towards the Fate route.

Edited by boukyaku
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up finishing FSN UBW and HF. I was under the impression that the last episode of the Fate route gets unlocked after going through all three routes for the Realta Nua version. Is this not so for the PC game?

You have to do all 5 endings (Fate, UBW good+true, HF normal +true)

Just finished Arcs 1-4 of Higurashi.

Man.....what an experience......lots of creepiness, some manly tears were shed......just wow.....

Kinda wish I didn't watch some of the anime a long time ago. The first 2.5 arcs were kinda ruined for me because of that....but anyways, I loved it, gonna read the rest now.

Cooooool! Yes it's really good isn't it??

But yes it's actually a bit of a shame that you got "spoiled" by the anime on the first 2.5 arcs. Oh well, you still have a lot left to go. Many surprises await. Are you heavily attached to the characters yet? I hope so, 'cause they're awesome.

The mysteries are still unsolved...

[spoiler=Higurashi arcs 1-4] The Great Hinamizawan Disaster ("GHD")... Why did Keiichi survive the GHD?... Oyashiro-sama... The yearly murders... "Demon eyes"... People being dead and yet somehow still walking... Creepy behaviours (Rena, etc.)... "Flap flap flap", the sense of something being behind you... Rika's premonitions of the murders every year as well as her own death... More than one Keiichi?... The death of Tomitake... The scratching of throats... "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry"... The Sonozaki... Rika's mischievous looking face that she sometime showed infront of Akasaka Mamoru... The jumping sound that only Shion and Tomitake heard inside the shrine storage (arc 2)... What's the syringe all about? (Mion in arc 1, and according to Ooishi, Rika carried a broken one in arc 2 as well)... What happened to Satoshi?... The stabbing of Keiichi in arc 2... The mystery surrounding Keiichi's murder of Houjou Teppei in arc 3...

AND MORE!

What the hell is going on in Hinamizawa!?!

I suggest you give it some proper thinking if you haven't already. Make as many theories as you can. That's what Ryukishi wants you to do (yes)! It's fun!

ENJOY! Here comes the epic 5-8 answer arcs.

Finished Dra+Koi...

Have all the CGs but missing one recollection(the lower left one...Anybody want to tell me what happen in that? I don't mind spoiler...)

A literally fucked-up scenario but yet has the most sensible story...Love it...

Definitely worthwhile for two-hours of reading...

Next up...>> F/SN...(It's gonna be long, isn't it??)

finished de capo 2. It was decent. I especially liked otome and anzu routes.

Anzu is awesome..so is Akane (me want dc2ps)

you need to love Yume >.>

True. The routes of the sisters were surprisingly good.

because Yume aint a bitch like Nemu~

Just finished Period and now I wish the Sweet Drop fandisc as translated. I found it odd how Hatsumi and Arisa didn't have routes.

I see the talks of DC2 and I need to get around to that but I still gotta finish Muv-Luv and something else I forget...

Just finished Period and now I wish the Sweet Drop fandisc as translated. I found it odd how Hatsumi and Arisa didn't have routes.

Well, there are just so many spots available for a heroine before it's overkill lol. The sweet drops FD does contain those 3 routes AFAIK. But yeah, it's not translated.

Although this isn't VN related, I finished watching fate zero last night. I have to say it was just awesome. I had more fun watching that series than going through FSN VN. The characters, voice acting, music, and animation were also of high quality. I can say that one would enjoy it to its fullest after playing FSN. This is actually the first anime series I have watched in a very long time. I don't want to make any generalizations but are animes recently becoming more (psychologically) violent? I'm talking about

children being ruthlessly butchered, don't remember things being that extreme back then. Or the part where Ilya's face gets blow off... On another note, I don't think I have ever seen the same anime character getting strangled so many times in a single series before :p.

As for the VN, I will go ahead and give it an 8/10. This mean above average while a 9/10 is almost perfect (a 10/10 game doesn't exist for me). I liked all routes equally as they all had good and bad points. As for what is the true route, I have no idea. The last episode is related to fate route (or is it?) so that suggests that fate is the true route but fate zero shows connections and events related to HF route that doesn't not exist in fate route. For example,

Kirei was spared by Kiritsugu according to the fate route but had his heart blown out according to the HF route, and this was shown in fate zero (having his heart blown out).

In this case, I assume the reader is free to choose whatever route they think is the true route.

Anyway, after playing two heavy VNs one after another (ML series and FSN+zero) I will probably choose a light-hearted one to go through slowly. Maybe ef the first and second tale will suffice. *staggers off*

Finally all done with Higurashi!

Amazing VN. Had a really interesting story, likeable characters and really nice horror elements, it kept me interested and never really got boring. Definitely in my top VNs for sure. Anyone who hasn't read it yet, you really should even if you hate horror stop being a baby and read this VN.

My favorite characters are probably Satoko and Rena. Satoko is just so...cute and innocent so seeing all the stuff she goes through and the things that happen to her is just.... T_T. And Rena is just.....Rena....lol

Anyways, here's my quick thoughts on Arcs 5-8 (spoilers ahead):

[spoiler=Higu]

Arc 5: Oh man...this arc.....THIS arc....what can I say. It made me mad, but I also liked it a lot because of that. Just seeing the world through the eyes of a psycho Shion was both infuriating and fun at the same time. Like I said before, Satoko is my favorite character so at certain parts it was just...you know.. T_T

Arc 6: Was the...psycho Rena arc, right? I really loved this one. Just seeing Rena slowly get crazier and crazier was just really fun to read. The only thing I didn't like was that it felt like it dragged on a little to long, to me anyways. Also I thought they should've done the ending differently, I don't know....I just didn't like the anime fight on the roof. It just felt a little ridiculous, you know? But eh....

Arc 7: Hohoho....I really loved this one as well. Just learning more about Rika and her crazy witch life was just so...sad, oh and also Hanyu ^_^. Also the way they all saved Satoko from her uncle....oh man....the tears at that part....they would not stop T_T...

I just really liked all the happiness in this arc and then everyone gets shot in the face....yeah...so much for a happy ending. >_>

Arc 8: I really liked learning more about all the characters, especially Takano and seeing why she became such a psycho bitch. It was just great fun and a nice way to end it.

Great VN. I give it an 11/10.

So yeah....read it if you haven't. You're missing out.

Finally all done with Higurashi!

Woo, that's awesome that you liked it so much, really nice to see. And I'm glad you got to experience most of it in the best possible format - the VN series. Just like me!

Here's a present! (the spoiler box in that post) ... just some Higurashi related stuff in there, hehe.

[spoiler=Umineko]http://myanimelist.net/anime/4896/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni

I was made to play Monsters Survive ~Makereba Monster ni Seishoku Sareru~

Multiple times better than the last time I played something by Lilith, the one before this one I deleted completely before finishing being way too disgusted by it. Very very disgusted by it.

But Battler and his evil scheming made me play this.

The girls all fall in love with sex if they ever have it and get addicted to it, and all monster seem to have aphrodisiacs or something near that.

And if it's not monsters you are either being "treated" by a doctor, blackmailed, or prostituting yourself.

But it did it's job as a VN all about H scenes.

One last thing:

Lilith. Black Lilith.

Edited by Stàr

I have been playing school days hq and i can honestly say i am 100% addicted to this game type and play style. Not sure if there are many more fully animated games like this one because i am pretty new to this genre but i can say this game is worth the time and effort put in.

Also was my first machine translated VN and I pretty much understood everything I read, and I read the first half the VN before I realised how dumb it was to waste my time reading that "stuff".

Speaking of Umineko, how is it compared to Higurashi?

I was gonna read it right after I finished Higurashi but It's been awhile since I've read a nice romance VN. I've been wanting to read Clannad so I'm probably reading that next. I'm ready to cry, Key. T_T

I'm not done with Higurashi and I didn't read all of Umineko's episodes either but I would say the main difference is the atmosphere. Both visual novels focus on the human psyche but Umineko concentrate more on magic and surreal stuff while Higurashi tries to tell a "real" story.

I can't say which title is better because I didn't finish both games but Umineko has an awesome soundtrack and a more interesting (fucked up) story than Higurashi.

Well this is VERY subjective to say the least. No doubt about that. So here's just MY take on it:

It's better than Higurashi on many levels, but not all. For one, I find Umineko to be less creepy than Higurashi. And I also personally prefer Hinamizawa to Rokkenjima as a general setting for the story. But like I said, that's very subjective anyway.

There might be something more, but those are the only two things that comes to mind for me right now. Everything else? Umineko does better in my opinion. And that's kinda insane, isn't? Because I fucking love Higurashi, but Umineko is still EVEN BETTER. I think it'll be the same for you honestly. Yep. Look forward to it. Look forward to it a lot.

Umineko is #1 in terms of VN music, I can assure you. And the voice acting is phenomenal, though you'll only get that with the patches. Character-wise... Umineko has more characters in total than Higurashi and pretty much all of them are really cool/interesting/funny/awesome. I know you liked the characters in Higu a lot, which is good - Umineko will not disappoint at all with its characters, nnnope. Ryukishi knows how to make great characters, as you've seen in Higurashi already. The story? It's terrific. So goddamn thought-provoking. THIS IS HOW A MYSTERY STORY SHOULD BE. And let's not forget everything else the story's got to it... though I shouldn't really say more about that to be honest. You can very much look forward to it anyway. Umineko is epic... guess I'll end it with that. Considering what you thought of Higurashi in the end, I think you will love Umineko as well.

So Umineko is actually better? Hmmm....we'll see about that...I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Also, is there a download for the soundtrack of Higurashi out there? That little song that plays in the tips menu of the Kai arcs and all of it's variants......I need it! So good.....