What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

School days hq and it was amazing.

This was my first VN and it has made me an addict i have played about 30 plus hours on it already and am still not tired of it so i highly recommend it. I hate to fight the tears off at many point while playing.

Sadly though i hear this is the only fully animated VN that has been translated to english so a bit of a disappointment there lol. I hope my next experience is as mind blowing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finished utawarerumono on normal mode. Am i supposed to do it on Hard mode 1 now? Should i enable skip?

i really liked the vn btw

I'm not even sure if it makes any sense to replay the game. I mean, are there new scenes or a different ending if you're playing the game for a second time?

I'm not even sure if it makes any sense to replay the game. I mean, are there new scenes or a different ending if you're playing the game for a second time?

I think you unlock like 2 CGs by playing it on hard mode... probably not worth it.

School days hq first one as well and i know most dont think of it as a real VN because of the animation, but it is my first and got me more then addicted to the genre thus love it and cant get enough of it.

Just wish there was more like it.

Just started shuffle! which looks promising thus far.

Finished Kanon, and I'm extremely happy with it. I found the game very relaxing and enjoyable, and, while I have my favourites, there isn't really a route I 'disliked' as such. My only misgiving is that Sayuri should have had a fully fleshed out route. Instead, it was sort of like:

[spoiler=Kanon]So Sayuri, why do you use keig... INFODUMP!!!

That said, I enjoyed the mini route, and Sayuri's character made me go Awww~~ a lot. What can I say? I'm totally helpless against her adorableness. This is yet another game that I'd love to do a review for, but I'm just so busy with crap at the moment that I can't easily collate my ideas into any sort of cohesive piece of longer-ish prose. Oh well, who the hell knows when or if I'll get the time to do one.

Up next I'm actually planning on watching Anohana, because good god it's about time. I've had that sitting on my hard drive for about four months just waiting, so I thought I'd take the opportunity now in between VNs. After that, I'll probably read YU-NO; might as well continue the 'older game theme' I have going on here.

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod

Finally did get around to finishing Muv-Luv and it was good, when I started it I didn't quite like it but changed somewhere along the way and I didn't even realize.

If I had to say more of what I think it about? Well, I'm always disappointed when I don't get my "teacher" routes but in this case I made an exception and had to deal.

I also think Sumika was the worst character, through no fault of her own, and was glad she technically wasn't in Unlimited. I'm never in the loop with things so when I finished Extra I wasn't too aware of Unlimited and end up with a nice 2 in 1 surprise. A good experience overall.

I finished Monster Girl Quest Part 1 and Part 2, very fun.

The fighting wasn't boring, the talking was usually interesting and well it's pretty cool going from a little kid that just swing wildly trying to defend himself from a slime to someone capable of challenging the gods themselves, all while being raped by monsters.

Yes, MGQ really is one of the... Interesting ones out there. MGQ part 3 is almost done and should come out in the summer. Translation should be completed by the end of the year. Expect part 3 to contain the most monsters with an epic continuation and conclusion of the story.

The story was a lot of fun, biggest weakness of the series is that it fails to make you feel for the characters if they had taken time to make you care for them I could see how much sadder the end of part 2 would have been if you didn't "wait" and opened up the chest if you know what I mean...but the game was really good a lot better than what I expected at least.

Okay, so I finally finished MLA and I realize I was harshly wrong to call it "complete ass". That doesn't mean I did a 180 on it but it took finishing it for me to see things from the other side of the fence. Knowing myself I can usually make up my mind on something without having to completely finish it but MLA just happened to be one of those rare cases with me.

I got a lot of personal gripes(and these aren't all) with it like Takeru's speeches, the constant flashbacks, the incredible amount of exposition and the laughable illusion of choices but at the end of the day I would of rather played/read it than not.

I'm not big on number ratings but if I had to say so then I would put this a decimal point below the original.

It's a linear-plot type VN, what did you expect? :confused:

Some bad ends featuring Takeru and horrible deaths.

Truthfully that is probably maybe what I was expecting. I mean why have choices at all if they don't do jack?

One in particular I found completely stupid is that when Yuuko offers you gun and ask if you want to shot her the choices are basically "no" and "not really".

Then again you can't blame a fella considering the prequel did actually have choices.

I just finished ef - a fairy tale of the two last night. I chose this VN cause I wanted something lighthearted and funny after playing the ML series and FSN one after the other. I was wrong..... hahahahaha.... I'm tired....

Anyway, ef is definitely not lighthearted and becomes heavy before the midpoint of the game. It's practically a romantic VN featuring stories of different couples and how they all end up influencing eachother in the end.

The graphics/effects/art is really some top quality stuff. This game has more well-drawn CGs than all three routes of FSN combined. The movies are also well done, and what gets to me is that this game has so much drawn content but remains around 2 GB. The character design is alright if not overused. The character personalities are also typical, except for Yuuko.

The soundtrack is typical of a romance VN.

I'm not really into romance VNs. I'm not against it and romance just makes certain VNs more realistic to me but a VN simply dedicated to romance is not my cup of tea. There were just too many situations in this VN that made no sense to me cause the way the characters behaved and conducted their decisions were too illogical for my taste, then again, it's supposed to be an emotional VN.

If you're into romance VNs then you'll really drop dead with this one. If not, well, it gets interesting from the third couple.

There are also voice actresses from the ML series, like the one for Sumika is in this VN. It felt really funny having the voice actor for Sumika get coupled with a dark and manipulative character :p. I don't know if the translation added this or not, but there were two jokes in this VN related to the ML series.

That's my take, I give it an 8/10 as having the graphics/artwork the main focus and I recognize this as a budget VN.

I'll probably be taking a break from VNs for a while. Will continue when the conclusion of MGQ is released.