What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe it's about time you stop pretending that you could read Japanese without any kind of MT assistance.

So said the troll that claimed Comyu is as bad as Naruto and get his post deleted from VNDB for trolling.

call me a troll whatver. the fact is you are talking about something you have never read. face it. it is stupid. and i write again: you base your own opinion on someone's opinion and when other person says the game is bad you disagree? funny guy :)

I am not sure what exactly is this flaws you are talking about here, and neither can I find concrete criticisms in it. Simply saying something is bad without any examples is pretty shallows, in my opinion. (not that I'm not guilty of it in the past)

I guess it would be better if you could elaborate on it.

Rewrite started having flaws the moment they decided to recycle the LB! structure in a novel written with Tanaka and Ryukishi. Not that it is that particular, but Tanaka and Ryukishi are.

About Ryukishi, I read that some people laments the fact that his route was too detached from the rest of the game but in that situation I think that it was actually quite a smart decision, being him an author not capable/used to adapting/reinventing himself with success for other kinds of structures and stories; he mostly focused on the the relationship between his characters and the background of the heroine and yes, this would have been positive because that's the thing he is most skilled at; only would because sadly, this time for unknown reasons, Lucia's story sucks really hard: is the saishuuheiki kanojo stereotype devoided of meaning and cheesy as hell. I think I was still reading Kai while reading Rewrite (either that or the first Umineko) and I was surprised by the difference from this pov.

Not only Lucia's route isn't one of the best in Rewrite, it's most likely the worst (not that it concerns me that much, imo there's no good character route in Rewrite). Key's fault here is that Ryukishi was put in a context that either "isolated" him or made him takes a certain distance resulting in him doing a half-assed job, it's the only explanation I can find.

For Tanaka instead the situation is more vague for me because he can be incostant even without "external interferences" and being the main writer I doubt he hadn't a say in it, but even if he had it doesen't show; Tanaka gives his best when left at his own devices (CC, Saihate and even if the medium is different Jinrui -this goes backward asd-), so while I think he can -to some degrees- do what I said Ryukishi can't, he does it usually while experimenting alone and without having to adapt to something predefinite. One could think that this doesn't feels like a major problem at all but I'd suggest to think about it twice.

Simply put I think that Tanaka and Ryukishi weren't the most fitting people for what Key wanted to do and that Rewrite pays for it.

Feels like Key got big names just the sake of it without taking into account other factors. The flaws this game has (born from the apparent lack of organization resulting in weird pieces of scenario, incosistencies -those regards the watered down version of Taichi too, Kotarou- and problems with the pace that's far from being great) were mostly avoidable or amortizable had Key used a bit more brain to go along with all that money. I won't use the so-called flop this game made as proof of anything because I don't think Rewrite inferior to -some- other Key games, nor are the sales any indicative when talking about quality, but as I wrote before I think it could have been better.

Edited by Uzuki Sepia
call me a troll whatver. the fact is you are talking about something you have never read. face it. it is stupid. and i write again: you base your own opinion on someone's opinion and when other person says the game is bad you disagree? funny guy :)

But YOU are a troll :3 And an amusing one at that. Keep trying, your efforts are kind of cute

LOV xD

Yes troll, this is what happens when a loppez read the first half of a conversation and discarded the other half. Like I've told you before, learn how to read before posting.

Rewrite started having flaws the moment they decided to recycle the LB! structure in a novel written with Tanaka and Ryukishi. Not that it is that particular, but Tanaka and Ryukishi are.

About Ryukishi, I read that some people laments the fact that his route was too detached from the rest of the game but in that situation I think that it was actually quite a smart decision, being him an author not capable/used to adapting/reinventing himself with success for other kinds of structures and stories; he mostly focused on the the relationship among his characters and the background of the heroine and yes, that would have been positive because that's the thing he is most skilled at; only would because sadly, this time for unknown reasons, Lucia's story sucks really hard: is the saishuuheiki kanojo stereotype devoided of meaning and cheesy as hell. I think I was still reading Kai while reading Rewrite (either that or the first Umineko) and I was surprised by the difference from this pov.

Not only Lucia's route isn't one of the best in Rewrite, it's most likely the worst (not that it concerns me that much, imo there's no good character route in Rewrite). Key's fault here is that Ryukishi was put in a context that either "isolated" him or made him takes a certain distance resulting in him doing a half-assed job, it's the only explanation I can find.

For Tanaka instead the situation is more vague for me because he can be incostant even without "external interferences" and being the main writer I doubt he hadn't a say in it, but even if he had it doesen't show; Tanaka gives his best when left at his own devices (CC, Saihate and even if the medium is different Jinrui -this goes backward asd-), so while I think he can -to some degrees- do what I said Ryukishi can't, he does it usually while experimenting alone, without having to adapt to something predefinite. One could think that this doesn't feels like a major problem at all but I'd suggest to think about it twice.

Simply put I think that Tanaka and Ryukishi weren't the most fitting people for what Key wanted to do and that Rewrite pays for it.

Feels like Key got big names just the sake of it without taking into account other factors. The flaws this game has (born from the apparent lack of organization resulting in weird pieces of scenario, incosistencies -those regards the watered down version of Taichi too, Kotarou- and less problems with the pace that's far from being great) were mostly avoidable or amortizable if Key used a bit more brain to go along with all that money. I won't use the so-called flop this game made as proof of anything because I don't think Rewrite inferior to -some- other Key games, nor are the sales any indicative when talking about quality, but as I wrote before I think it could have been better.

lol

I'll just say two things.

1) If you think Lucia's route is the worse in Rewrite, worse than, say, Chihaya's route for example, then you clearly don't know what good storytelling is. Simple.

Yes, Lucia's route generally feels way too different from the rest of the other four heroine routes, but the thematic elements are nevertheless the closest to Akane/Moon/Terra, so it is, in a way, still linked to the overall themes even when the route is detached in the storyline and characterization.

2) You recited Saihate no Ima as an example of Romeo's in his best form. Could you explain a little bit more, please? What did he do in Saihate that he couldn't/didn't do in Rewrite? I am curious now.

Edit: I guess I'll also add my little opinions here, just because. I'll say that Rewrite major storytelling flaw is that most of the routes are too different from each others, mostly due to the multiple writers’ shenanigans, and the structure of the story is a broken one because it forces the readers to sit through multiple long routes that range from best to cringe worthy, before you can even get to the true route, the best part of the story. I won't deny these flaws, though not everything is that detached either.

But personally for me, even if each routes does not work together that well, the main plot itself, especially in the true route, is full with inventive idea and was well-written. The VN tackles a very heavy theme; it based largely around the themes of ecology, evolution, human relationship with the planet, eschatology, and causality (some of which you have to admit, is relatively unusual in the medium), which play a prominent factor for the main plot. The true route did a great job representing all of these ideas and themes together while tying the loose-ends imo. It was a very enjoyable experience. So yea, Rewrite does have flaws, but the the true routes are more than enough to compensate for it, at least for me.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Yes troll, this is what happens when a loppez read the first half of a conversation and discarded the other half. Like I've told you before, learn how to read before posting.

lol

I'll just say two things.

1) If you think Lucia's route is the worse in Rewrite, worse than, say, Chihaya for example, then you clearly don't know what good storytelling is. Simple.

Yes, Lucia's route generally feels way too different from the rest of the other four heroine routes, but the thematic elements are nevertheless the closest to Akane/Moon/Terra, so it is still linked to the overall theme even if it's detached in the storyline and characterization.

2) You recited Saihate no Ima as an example of Romeo's in his best form. Could you elaborate on it, please? What did he do in Saihate that he couldn't/didn't do in Rewrite?

"Good storytelling" and "Ryukishi" in the same sentece: now that's amusing, especially after the Umineko experience (thought I liked other aspects). Accusing others of not knowing what good storytelling is while doing so too, even more laughable. And that from one that most probably hasn't even read anything of Ryukishi aside Lucia's route.

Also, doesen't seem to me that I wrote I read Saihate, I cited it because it IS considered one of his best works and he wrote that alone, is a fact.

I'm not like you that write bullshit like F/sn being better written/a story better told or whatever than KnS and G-Senjou (G-Senjou epilogue, because the epilogue is the narration right? Talk about the one that pretends to know what "good storytelling is") togheter without having read one of them, then go around on vndb and such places writing that Fate tl is bad (in that topic I also came to know that even Nasu isn't satisfied with his early works and that might/will rewrite Tsukihime from scratch, asd -but thank to that discussion now I have expectations for Mahoyo-).

If you have to play the fanboy every time something a comment isn't to your liking just don't ask for explanation or things that could make the other waste his time if you plan to reject them nonetheless. Or well, you'd be an ass but you can, but at least avoid trying to piss the other off in the process for the heck of it. I didn't ask you why you think that Rewrite has no flaws or whatever you think because I don't care, so I won't ask you to waste time writing me your reasons. Isn't more correct this way?

Also... Chihaya, Lucia, Akane, just name it. They are all below my stardands of decency without exception.

And that from one that most probably hasn't even read anything of Ryukishi aside Lucia's route.

Because everyone needs to read Umineko to know whether Lucia's route is good or not. lol

If you have to play the fanboy every time something a comment isn't to your liking just don't ask for explanation or things that could make the other waste his time if you plan to reject them nonetheless Or well, you'd be an ass but you can, but at least avoid trying to piss the other off in the process for the heck of it.

You are doing it to Butler's too, so don't speak like a victim. VVVV

Lol. And why? Fate isn't pretentious? KnK isn't pretentious? Tsukihime? What is your idea of pretentious, let me hear.

You could have avoided a meaningless post like this if you cared so much for the thread not to be derailed, because as you should have understood I don't believe him to be talented

no need for the article bullshit stuff you wrote.

It's a very simple concept that you surely know and ignored just to tease, isn't it.

lol

Also, doesen't seem to me that I wrote I read Saihate, I cited it because it IS considered one of his best works and he wrote that alone, is a fact.

You wrote that he "give his best" and cited Saihate. How can you be so sure he gives his best if you don't even read it? lol

I'm not like you that write bullshit like F/sn being better written/a story better told or whatever than KnS and G-Senjou (G-Senjou epilogue, because the epilogue is the narration right? togheter without having read one of them

Because you clearly know what VN I've read and don't read, right? Granted, I did not read Kara no Shoujo, and that post is meant to be a joke to Radiant and is extremely hyperbole. As if ----> :rolleyes: isn't clear enough as a hint that it should not be taken too seriously. However, yes, you did write bullshit. Please don't deny it.

I've also already gave my reasoning for G-senjou, but if you disagree, you clearly didn't show it at that time because you said it doesn't matter and your opinion on it is much worse than mine.

then go around on vndb and such places writing that Fate tl is bad

The translation is stiff and awkward at times, that is a fact. As I've stated in the very same thread you're calling me on.

That is all.

Because everyone needs to read Umineko to know whether Lucia's route is good or not. lol

You are doing it to Butler's too, so don't speak like a victim. VVVV

lol

You wrote that he "give his best" and cited Saihate. How can you be so sure he gives his best if you don't even read it? lol

Because you clearly know what VN I've read and don't read, right? Granted, I did not read Kara no Shoujo, and that post is meant to be a joke to Radiant and is extremely hyperbole.

The translation is stiff and awkward at times, that is a fact. As I've clearly stated in the very same thread you're calling me on. https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-general-talk/2777-quick-question/#post52977

Just how derp can you get? First, I asked you directly after that discussion if you did read KnS and you answerd that you didn't because you wanted to read Cartagra first. I don't know how to search for a specific post on this forum but if there's a way you can tell me and I'll glad to refresh your very convenient memory.

Second, if Butler didn't start with the fanboy thing I woulnd't have asked him anything just to make fun of him; also, that's a very stupid thing to bring up because even in that case it all started with your teasing (if you had dismissed your joke as a joke -and I had suggested it in my first post- that discussion wouldn't exist).

Third, if you insist on that stuff, how can you be sure that Fate tl isn't awkward even in japanese? Why the heck did you talk about KnS? For what technical reason Lucia's route is a story well told and Chihaya isn't? How can a poorly translated game have good writing? And so on.

The déjà vu is getting strong, I can't belive this is happeing again asd

Double post because I can't edit the previous: only now I read your edit with your impression on Rewrite. And lol, it's not like we are that far off this time. Moon/Terra are better, true, but the overall for me doens't make for a good game.

Let me be more clear: if I had the SAME EXACT opinion about it I would still rate it 6.5 (and I rate it 6, for Moon/Terra and for the production value, even if the charades isn't exaltating). For you that makes a 8.5 if I remember well. That's the difference.

Because you clearly know what VN I've read and don't read, right? Granted, I did not read Kara no Shoujo, and that post is meant to be a joke to Radiant and is extremely hyperbole. As if ----> :rolleyes: isn't clear enough as a hint that it should not be taken too seriously. However, yes, you did write bullshit. Please don't deny it.

I've also already gave my reasoning for G-senjou, but if you disagree, you clearly didn't show it at that time because you said it doesn't matter and your opinion on it is much worse than mine.

Bullshit on bullshit (yes, if you are talking about what I think I won't deny, I found out later that I made a mistake talking about it with a friend). Seems fair, even thought I simply see you ignoring yours.

Also, what you write about G-Senjou to me was likely to be just lip service, you can't mean it if you rate it 9. Either that or you have serious problems and give high scores to bad stuff fully knowing what are you doing.

Though with your opinion on Rewrite I can brush it off as simply having very different standards.

edit: and peace, good night/day to you all :)

Edited by Uzuki Sepia
Second, if Butler didn't start with the fanboy thing I woulnd't have asked him anything just to make fun of him;

If you didn't quote me in this very thread, I wouldn't have asked you anything too. Also, if you didn't start with your ass long fanboy rant bullshit, if wouldn't have escalated.

also, that's a very stupid thing to bring up

You are the stupid one, and you are the one who brought KnS discussion in here, as well as being a hypocrite.

because even in that case it all started with your teasing (if you had dismissed your joke as a joke -and I had suggested it in my first post- that discussion wouldn't exist).

It was a partial tease for Kara and Radiant, but it is my very opinion for G-sen, so I did not dismissed it entirely. If you didn't reply like a fanboy, the discussion wouldn't have existed either.

Third, if you insist on that stuff, how can you be sure that Fate tl isn't awkward even in japanese?

I might answer if you can ask question properly.

Why the heck did you talk about KnS?

Your memory is very bad. I've already said it was a joke for Radiant. lolol

For what technical reason Lucia's route is a story well told and Chihaya isn't?

I've no obligation to answer this, but oh well. A heroine that became a side character in her own route is already bad enough, combined with "bad guy being a bad guy for the sake of being bad and I like to destroy thing because that's what I do” villain, it is already nauseating. Let's just stop at this before I go into Chihaya rant mode for the hundred times.

How can a poorly translated game have good writing? And so on.

When exactly did I talk about F/sn writing? At best we can talk about stories structures, plots creations, characters development, and so on. But not the craftsmanship of the words itself because the translation is bad.

For you that makes a 8.5 if I remember well. That's the difference.

Also, what you write about G-Senjou to me was likely to be just lip service, you can't mean it if you rate it 9.)

I rate Rewrite an 8.5 solely for Common trunk, Akane, Lucia, and true route, as well as G-sen a 9 for chapter 5 and the epilogues, with points deducted for everything else. That is how good the best portion is.

Yep yep, continue. Nice explanation also for Chihaya/Lucia, lol. How stupid.

And think of your own english before questioning how I write (never heard of mistakes? you make a lot of them too)... "what exactly is this flaws".... the worst until the very end.

Good night.

Edited by Uzuki Sepia

I will admit, I also carried the misconception of euphoria being merely some sort of crazy torture nukige and was expecting to finish it in less than 5 hours. I was wrong, very wrong, and so are those who haven't completed the game.

I will also admit that some scenes are just horrid. I had to turn my head and "ctrl", or skip those scenes until I was sure they were over. It was that bad. There were only three scenes like that. Two scat, and one.... Uh... Something else. This was out of a total of, what, 20 hscenes?

People seem to be stopping in the middle of the common route which is where a lot of that stuff happens. I would suggest completing the common route and locking into a heroine's route before judging the game. It has a really nice complex plot that will keep you busy for a while. I haven't seen something like this in any of the VNs I've played.

Then again if you like the happy go lucky light-hearted VNs with the occasional heavy plot towards the end (like the TLers mentioned in this thread seem to like from looking at their VN list), stay the hell away from euphoria. This VN is DARK and heavy from the first 5 minutes of playtime up until the very end.

On another note, I looked at Clock Up's list of VNs and was vastly disappointed at their selection. Maybe people are also prematurely judging euphoria based off of Clock Up VN list.

But YOU are a troll :3 And an amusing one at that. Keep trying, your efforts are kind of cute

LOV xD

ok ok i am troll but still Gerard the idiot talks about something he can't read. is it good?

This is not exactly relevant to the point I was making back then, but to be clear, I did try out at least the common route of Euphoria last year, though I didn't continue since reading with MT doesn't suit my style, unlike Ixrec who didn't even read a single line from the game (the point that you conveniently overlook for your pathetic trolling).

you base your own opinion on someone's opinion and when other person says the game is bad good you disagree? this is hilarious! :D

I’ve been told by trusted sources that it’s little more than a torture porn nukige,

It is hilarious indeed. Apparently, you still fail to read properly and understood the context before replying. ..l..

Try again next time.

Wouldn't it be magnificent if everybody here would be able to read other people's opinions without taking them personally? Wouldn't it be so much better if everybody here would be able to write down his opinion without criticizing the other one? Wouldn't discussions be so much more enjoyable if people would finally realize that there's usually more than one right opinion? Wouldn't life be way easier if people would stop to be that naive about their opinion?