What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

What desi said. It's more in the region of a year and a bit for the translations. I'm really enjoying Kajitsu a lot and I might consider reading the other two games with my sucky japanese combined with a dictionary and the translation aggregator...that said, I have so many VNs on my to read list that I'm in no rush.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished Umineko no Naku Koro ni the other day, and I have to say it is one of the best visual novels ive ever ever read. The fact that I was actually able to finish it and didnt put it on hold like many other VNs ive read is proof of that xD

Overall 9/10. gg Battler

I just finished sengoku rance the other day and I got to say that it is a good game. The characters in the game seem to have good personality's except for the main character (who i want to punch in the face every time i see him.) I liked the taking over the world concept and the other scenarios that happen with the other families that you face. so overall a good game with mostly good characters except for the main character. 7/10

I just finished sengoku rance the other day and I got to say that it is a good game. The characters in the game seem to have good personality's except for the main character (who i want to punch in the face every time i see him.) I liked the taking over the world concept and the other scenarios that happen with the other families that you face. so overall a good game with mostly good characters except for the main character. 7/10

Rance is awesome ... as long as you don't take him serious.

Sooo...First Hello and thanks,because without you guys in this thread I wouldn`t have started playing Muv-Luv Alternative. I`m still amazed by this VN that I finished two days ago and I have to say,yes it is a masterpiece,at least in my eyes and it is my new top favourite Visual Novel. But first to the Prequels Muv luv Extra and Unlimited. Well Extra was quite lighthearted but I still quite enyoed it.It was neither bad nor good,but enjoyable. Then came Unlimited and well things started to get interesting. I think Unlimited was quite good,but well the routes per se they were to indiffrent for me. And then there was the Masterpiece,Alternative, I wont say much because I don`t want to spoil anything by accident,but just what the fuck,oh my good,*cry*,yippieayyeah,,no..no..NOOO and *epic slow clap* xD. Well as for ratings,I give:

Extra: 5,5/10

Unlimited:8/10

Alternative:10/10

Finally finished Grisaia. It was definitely a great game, although it has some issues. I'll talk about it more in my review that I promised Gerard I'd do at some point, but my route order goes:

Amane > Makina > Michiru > Sachi >>> Yumiko

...Yeah, yumiko's had a lot of potential but just fell short, which was a pity (I love kuuderes so not seeing her route be all that good was sad...especially because she was actually better in all the other routes (particularly Makina's, I thought)). At any rate, if I were to assign some random arbitrary number to the game, I'd probably go somewhere in the region of about 8 since there was some really great stuff despite there being some problems.

I aslo finished Grisaia now...thanks Cholate....damn was Makina route long,but worth it in my opinion.

As for strength of the routes I would go ...

Makina> Amane=Sacchi>Michiru>Yumiko

But as for my favourite char I would go for Sacchi,just because I like the whole Maid-thing of hers and how she is acting in all of the routes...just lovely

[spoiler=Amane Route]Well unless we account for Yuuji`s Sister...ahem:P

I quite liked the game,despite it`s flaws in some routes,so I would give it an 8,maybe 8.5.

[spoiler= Amane and Sacchi]Yeah for me at least...spoken for itself Angelic Howl is possible the best in All of Grisaia till now...man I couldn`t stop reading after coming to this point.Alone Yuuji`s Sis...damn it was just nice....but well the rest of Amane was meh for me...so it kinda brought down the route- And Saschis`s route had to have the Teajerker at the end so...and yes I cried after seeing that photwall...they were manly tears...of manliness.Yeah...but it`s just my opinion:P

Finished Grisaia no Kajitsu. [THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION] Overall a really solid VN. But there are some parts of it that I didn't care much for. For one... I would actually have liked it slightly more if it was shorter. Not a huge deal in the end, but it felt like it was longer than it needed to be. Of course the length varies a whole lot between routes, so sometimes it felt right and sometimes it didn't.

Yea, I pretty much always like a VN more when it's lengthy. This is the first exception. Shorter would've been better, for me. Shorter and more condensed. Again - only really applies to some routes.

Yumiko's route was... not the best. Believe it or not though, unlike most I actually didn't mind that backstory as much myself. Perhaps it was due to my state of mind at that time or something, who knows. However, despite that, it still really wasn't as good as the other routes. I love the character though, she's a pretty damn awesome kuudere.

As for Sachi's and Michiru's routes: they had their moments, for sure. Some very nice moments in fact. I think I like Sachi's route more than Michiru's though, because I like the character of Sachi a whole lot more than Michiru (she's my least favourite heroine in there, easily). But yea both routes had some nice stuff in them.

And then Makina's and Amane's routes, which were both definitely the best ones for me. To be honest it's kinda hard to pick one over the other. Amane's has that really awesome segment in it (you know which). That segment is probably my favourite part of the entire VN. However, Makina's route [spoiler=Makina route] had that nice focus on Yuuji and some of his past, which the other routes lacked I think... so it felt like an important and exciting route

- and that gives it bonus points. It was really good, yea. And very long, but... that's ok, since it was actually interesting.

Yes, I know, [spoiler=Amane route] Amane's route had Kazuki. Yes, she's awesome. She might be my favourite heroine in Grisaia... maybe. So yea this route was also important of course, what with all that hinting for the sequels in the bad end and such.

Love the OP btw, and the menu music. Some other songs too, though I can't say the soundtrack as a whole is all that fantastic or anything... it does the job though.

Good visuals with some very nice effects and animations. Nothing to complain about there. Nice amount of extras after completing routes.

Oh and can't forget: Great comedy in Grisaia. Many laughs were had. :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that's it I think. Amane=Makina>Sachi>Michiru>Yumiko. Or maybe I do like Makina's route even more than Amane's route... TOUGH CHOICE. Maybe it really is better ---overall---. Well whatever. I give the VN a 8.3. Done.

Edited by Harlequin

グリザイアの楽園 (Grisaia no Rakuen) took me longer than anticipated to finish. It's definitely shorter than Kajitsu but it's much longer than Meikyuu. I finished it last night and ended up playing Galaxy Angel a little to clear my head.

First off, it's difficult to give a report on this VN since when one talks about a sequel, they have to assume the reader already went through the prequel. In this case, I don't think there's anyone who's gone through Meikyuu so will keep things as simple as possible.

When starting you first have three choices, all of which one one is selectable. When completing the main route, you will than have four choices. The prequel to Kajitsu, how it all came to be and how the girls settled into their environment(cage), the main route, the main route after, and... Yeah... Hscenes... Yay...

TRANSLATION: Same difficulty as Meikyuu and I can't compare to Kajitsu as I didn't play it in RAW form. There's more technical turns coming from medicine, diseases, etc, and technological phrases dealing with computer systems and the such. Military/government/political terms tended to jump over from Meikyuu (and I assume Kajitsu). Grammar is still on a really basic level except when a certain someone opens their mouth (no not Makina) and makes me sit and reread the fucking sentence for five fucking minutes to figure out what the fuck is going on. At this point I'm wondering if this character is stroking their own intellectual cock for fun. Unfortunately there's no Sachi to translate like she does for Makina occasionally.

I also encountered a unique problem (maybe it's the same for Kajitsu, I did not encounter this in Meikyuu). The writer switches the narrative viewpoint multiple times in one scene. For example, you read Sachi's impressions of something, then the viewpoint changes to Yuuji, read his impressions, viewpoint changes back to Sachi, and then to Michiru. This was extremely confusing at first but you kind of get used to it.

Take note though that I don't translate to English when reading Japanese. The meaning/pictures/shape/feelings/etc naturally come to mind when reading the language.

MUSIC: Much, much better than Kajitsu, and better still than Meikyuu. I really liked the tracks for Rakuen. Not only did they do their job to set the atmosphere but there are some good melodies/rhythms as well. Naturally, the tracks switch to Kajitsu when transitioning back to school or a similar atmosphere arises and same goes for parts from Meikyuu, mainly Yuuji's past. When clicking on BGM option, there are four pages of tracks, as many as 25 per page.

GRAPHICS: Same art as the predecessors of course, but for some reason everything seemed clearer and sharper. There's also 3D animation mixed into the bunch.

This VN contains more action than Kajitsu and Meikyuu combined. Lots of stuff going on, you will never find a dull moment. Lots of emotional scenes as well. There's one particular scene that's incredibly beautiful but at the same time extremely depressing. If you think Meikyuu puts you through a roller coaster ride, Rakuen shoots you straight to Heaven(HA!).

Here's my preference of the heroines:

1. Thanatos: One of my favorite heroines in any VN to date.

2. Asako: I really like this one. A really kick ass woman.

3. Yumiko = Michiru = Sachi = Makina = Amane: These girls end up kicking ass in their own way and are all crucial to the game. Yes even Michiru ends up being extremely important in a very unforeseeable way. I was pretty neutral towards the gang in Kajitsu but ended up liking them due to their growth in Rakuen. The extreme side of each personality gets toned down to a reasonable level and this makes them more likable (at least to me).

There's nothing left unsaid when you reach the end. No loose threads, no loopholes, everything gets answered. I really enjoyed this VN. I will place it up there with FSN and MLA. You guys are in for a real treat. The wait is worth it!

With that said, I'm done for a while. At least until this December.

Edited by boukyaku

Finished Grisaia No Kajitsu. Can't really say much that hasn't been already said. The common route is really funny with awesome character interactions and good comedy. It might drag a little sometimes, but there are enough funny scenes spread around where it's not really that big of a problem. Probably the best common route I've played to date. I liked all the characters. Sachi in particular ended up going pretty high on the list because I loved her comedy.

As far as routes are concerned, this one is a bit tough. Makina and Amane had the best routes IMO. I agree with Harle that it's kind of tough for me to say whether Makina or Amane is better. I enjoyed them equally as routes really. Makina's bad end was really nice, and Amane's flashback was one of the high points in the game. If I had to pick, I'd probably say Makina by just a tiny hair. Next is Sachi. As I said, I really enjoyed her as a character, so this route was entertaining to me overall. It might drag a little in the middle for some people, but it wasn't too much of a problem for me. Michiru's route was crazy as fuck, but enjoyable overall. Yumiko is last, which is kinda disappointing since I liked her character. But the pacing just wasn't right in the route and the ending(s) weren't that good. But like I said, this VN does have some nice characters, great interactions (which doesn't stop in the common route btw), and great comedy (along with your drama ofc).

As far as the music is concerned, some tracks were good. But yeah, definitely not enough tracks for a 50-60+ hour VN. I heard they really pumped up production values in Rakuen, so we should see some awesome stuff in there. Not totally sure about the rating yet, but it's in the 8 to 8.5 range for me. Patiently waiting for the sequels.

Edited by desi

Just finished Higurashi. I'll do a longer post eventually with more detail about it, but overall really great. Definitely one of my favourites (probably my second?). It's not perfect as there were some little issues that I had with it on a micro scale, at least, and a few of the scenes felt a little long, but for the most part a really enjoyable story. I knew I would like it, but I didn't expect to like it this much, and I'd definitely recommend it to other people (with the caveat that it's fairly intense, so be prepared).

• 2 weeks later...

I finished euphoria last night. This VN... Was something else entirely.

Don't let the misguided conception of the public outcry turn you away from this title. The violence/"bad things" is just a shallow part of the plot. The story/plot is really good and character development is interesting to watch. If you like really dark VNs, then this will suit your tastes. The adaption of the VN is an injustice to the title and focuses on things that this VN is really not about.

The adaption of the VN is an injustice to the title and focuses on things that this VN is really not about.

*cough* Kara no Shoujo, YU-NO and Cartagra *cough*

On another note, after Yumiko I'll be done with Kajitsu. Maybe I'll write a somewhat lengthy post about it because I think there's a lot to say about it (and in fact a lot has already been said, but...).

Grisaia no Kajitsu 8/10

Michuru is so nice, i don't like the story much.. but well.

Unfortunately i delete the games, and other eroges as well, i am think, enough i am not gonna play anymore, but after two days, i am gonna reinstall this games..

Sachi, Makina, Yumiko, Amane wait for me..

Kajitsu, a few days ago.

Overall was decent, and even though I found Angelic Howl to be the most interesting part I think that Makina had the best route.

I mildy enjoyed Sachi's route too, her good ending imo had the most touching moment of the game (while her bad ending made me laugh hard, more than Makina's) while Yumiko's was a bit boring -I played it last, while Makina's was the first- but I expected it to be worse from the comments people write.

Last and least Michiru's route... I like her sprites with all the funny faces and so on, but all the rest about her is pretty bad. Also, the writer of this

[http://i39.tinypic.com/mslv9l.png

should have done something like what Yamakan did during that 2011: retire, at least for a few years.

I whined a bit about Watanabe's work, but it wasn't really nothing new and I basically love it; I also think that overall the art is the strong point of this game, it even makes up for the average bgm.

Yuuji, even with his inconsistencies, is one of my favourite mc of the medium and was by far my fav character, while Sachi was the heroine I liked the most/only heroine I liked (why? for stuff like this

[http://i39.tinypic.com/16iwt1g.png

); for me Makina during the common was a nuisance, I like her better in small doses and once in a while, while I care next to nothing about the others, even if I have to admit that Yumiko every now and then was pretty cute.

Done with the trivial stuff (though the bit about the reference in Michiru's route wasn't) here comes the one and only thing that really grabbed my attention in this game

[First things first, lmao

[http://i43.tinypic.com/2crvk9z.png

Nice one

Fujisaki was/is kind of an enigma for me; on one hand you have good writing and even if the man is a bit prolix the level was, without doubt, quite high. While seems that I am on the sensible side of the spectrum for what concerns prolix writers, from this point of view I won't complain.

One the other hand instead there's a writer that in the middle of the story bothered to sum up and spell out everything one should have understood about his characters, a thing quite unrefined as it is that's also aggravated by how he structured the common route (that can be nice/funny all you want but, especially when you do what he did, has little meaning). Also, what I'm about to write aren't words of mine but a comment of a man I once read (I think he works in the editor industry but I'm not sure) that I'm translating because is gold

"Young people or enthusiasts who approach writing have the strange conception of the "character" and of the concept of "tridimensionality" of it. They have indeed the convinction that a character is a complex of characteristics and peculiarities almost writable* on an identity card or an ideal curriculum of the character. And they belive that this gives tridimensionality to the character.

This is a coarse mistake that a lot of people make.

A character is delined by the possibility of being "perceived" and seen from a lot of different points of view and that's what give it the "famous" tridimensionality.

The different points of view are like the facets of a diamond, they are never the same, and ablings not on the same plane"

(*the acceptation is similar but this bit was a little different)

and to say that the idea wasn't that cool to begin with.

Then again, I enjoyed enough the common route so I'm not too displeased but after Reflections on a Reflection I was... taken aback (but just because I had a pretty good impression of this writer until that point -and I still have it more or less but like I said I still find him somewhat enigmatic... I'll wait for the sequels-).

Edited by Uzuki Sepia
being seeing XD