What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

That's it.(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ *Pulls out the blunderbuss* Stop reading it right now, you're unworthy of Da Capo's magic!

don't go sniffing romance novels if you're going to bother over analyzing the plot. ಠ_ಠ

Calm yourself lad and lower your weapon, is it too much to ask for a story to just simply make sense? I'm all for magic but if the story sets rules then it should follow them.

On some positive notes I did like Minatsu's route and Anzu's as well... though Anzu's kinda fell apart a little towards the end imo.

I also really like Koko when normally I don't like her character type, she was just a good character, her route however was a complete mess.

One more thing, Suginami was god like, I have not seen a male side character that cool in so long that I can't even remember.

Edited by Gouki
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Shinigami no kiss wa wakare no aji. The two first routes moments go from the meh-to-pretty decent spectrum , with the occasional slice of life bullshit to good moments in between. To everyone frowning about it being enforced to unlock the true route , its enforced for a reason , plot-wise. The true route (sumikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) is pretty good. Not amazingly awesome though as its major twist is very very very predictable , but aside from that its well written enough.

Its not full-on utsuge from start to finish but as you move on (especially during true route) it starts getting depressing , so if you dont like that kind of stuff i guess you should avoid this one.

Overall its a pretty good read that shows you dont need titles of 30-50 hours to get a good story.

8/10

Finished Canvas 2 some days ago. I dropped it some time ago after finishing just one route (Kiri), but decided to give another chance. Some routes from this visual novel are so-so and others are a bit better, but it seems I finished with the worst by far (Hagino). Her route is a mess... Playing Shinigami no kiss wa wakare no aji and I can't help but notice the gap of quality between those two. ShiniAji is by far more interesting.

Finished Canvas 2 some days ago. I dropped it some time ago after finishing just one route (Kiri), but decided to give another chance. Some routes from this visual novel are so-so and others are a bit better, but it seems I finished with the worst by far (Hagino). Her route is a mess... Playing Shinigami no kiss wa wakare no aji and I can't help but notice the gap of quality between those two. ShiniAji is by far more interesting.

i havent read shinikiss yet so i cant say much bout the vn...

but...with tomoko,mami and elis for the best 3 route followed with saya

i cant see why you felt canvas 2 is meh overall

Yeah, there's indeed a huge quality difference between the routes but you definitely have to check out Tomoko's. It's (besides Elis') the only good one. The worst route was probably the one of the blue haired bitch.

Finished Harukoi Otome a couple of days ago and despite the bad start it turned out well. Then again it only started out bad because I did the sister and childhood friend route and personally those are hard to get right so I'm not surprised they weren't done well here.

Every other route was good though so it made for a good play through, only other problems were the ridiculous writing at times(especially the H scenes), the awful friend character.

There was also the MC who was a whiny and emo mess whenever EVERY route moved into its problem part. The guy seriously had no common sense, couldn't get anything done without every side character telling him how and just would not take action.

Overall though it was nice read, though it could of used more focused on the girls you were actually after.

Finished Harukoi Otome a couple of days ago and despite the bad start it turned out well. Then again it only started out bad because I did the sister and childhood friend route and personally those are hard to get right so I'm not surprised they weren't done well here.

Every other route was good though so it made for a good play through, only other problems were the ridiculous writing at times(especially the H scenes), the awful friend character.

There was also the MC who was a whiny and emo mess whenever EVERY route moved into its problem part. The guy seriously had no common sense, couldn't get anything done without every side character telling him how and just would not take action.

Overall though it was nice read, though it could of used more focused on the girls you were actually after.

Had pretty much the same experience as you with that one. Loved koihime musou, so i was realy looking forward to another game like that with a proactive protagonist and a bunch of heroines with varying personalities. Didn't really deliver with this one, but I did have some fun with it at least.

Just finished IkiKoi. Protip: don't even try to take the plot seriously.

Loved the Clannad references.

The combat meido is best girl.

I think there's one tsundere too many though.

Kudos man. Couldn't get through a single route. I get that people like tsunderes, but did every scene really have to be all of them insulting the protaganist for no reason? Just seemed to be too much tsun and not enough dere int this game.

Well, I'll give this to the IkiKoi writers though: They pull off the gap moe thing on the heroines quite nicely and get me all awwwwwww~ and shit.

]The osananajimi cousin is a constant S tsundere who turns into quite a cute M. If you've read a few lines of hers from the beginning and then in her route she goes Pushuu~ when the protag calls her cute - that's definitely kawaii as fuck. Terribad ending, with a ridiculous crisis point.

The family situation with the imouto on the other hand is quite interesting - creative of the writers actually - although the route turns into a clusterfuck at the end (Clannad reference with a terribad twist, out of place bloody scene, etc.). The imouto is another tsundere who has a masturbation addiction and even does it in the middle of class. Damned gap moe.

The combat meido and the not-really-a-delinquent girl have the cutest characterizations in the common route. Think Sachi from Grisaia for the maid, minus the very corny and not-so-worthwhile heroine route. The not-really-a-delinquent girl is a secret osananajimi and has a nice (maybe too obvious?) reveal in her route.

Recommended order of playing IMO

Tsumugu->Tane->Ryou->Eika

OR

Tsumugu->drop XD

Edited by evollove

i just finished Kawakaburi no Cherry just a minute ago. That game is so hot. i truly wish i had had that experience.

Also the animation is amazing, not just the sex scenes, but all throughout the story, it is like it all breathes. If you do not know what i am talking about you will once you play it. i never thought that anyone would do that.

You got to play it.

i will definitely play it again.

Edited by floral
i just finished Kawakaburi no Cherry just a minute ago. That game is so hot. i truly wish i had had that experience.

Also the animation is amazing, not just the sex scenes, but all throughout the story, it is like it all breathes. If you do not know what i am talking about you will once you play it. i never thought that anyone would do that.

You got to play it.

Huh. Well, someone had to like that game I guess.

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji a couple of days ago, the 2 routes were kinda plain tbh, the "true route" was in my opinion more than decent, but with a very predictable ending, but the fact that i was a short game and well enough writen it's not a bad choice for a light "read".

You got to play it.

Huh. Well, someone had to like that game I guess.

yes i did, it was a great story. Well told, drew me in. Was believeable. Animation was excellent. There was nothing there that i did not like.

The last "game" I finished was Imouto Ijime. While I'll admit that rin is pretty cute, the story is shallow and boring (though I can't say I didn't expected that), I did kind of regret playing that game......

The last thing I finish related to VN was Riru route on Harukoi Otome. While the game was dramatic, I don't think it's as good as I was expecting it to be so far.There're just a lot of unnecessary drama and it didn't really catch my attention that much. Oh well, I'll eventually finish the game sometimes in the future.

The last "game" I finished was Imouto Ijime. While I'll admit that rin is pretty cute, the story is shallow and boring (though I can't say I didn't expected that), I did kind of regret playing that game......

The last thing I finish related to VN was Riru route on Harukoi Otome. While the game was dramatic, I don't think it's as good as I was expecting it to be so far.There're just a lot of unnecessary drama and it didn't really catch my attention that much. Oh well, I'll eventually finish the game sometimes in the future.

Good luck with Harukoi, I am almost finishing the game and Riru route was by far the best to me together with Umi. Try playing Kisaya route to see what is the worst this game can offer you. Even so a moege like this is still better than a nugike (at least in my opinion).
Good luck with Harukoi, I am almost finishing the game and Riru route was by far the best to me together with Umi. Try playing Kisaya route to see what is the worst this game can offer you. Even so a moege like this is still better than a nugike (at least in my opinion).

Kisaya was my first route, so I'm happy to hear that I started with a crap route. XD Riru is my second, so I have four more to be expected =P

I don't know how you can call Kisaya's route bad, it wasn't good but it certainly wasn't the worst. Then again you did like the Umi route which is another among the badly done little sister routes which are so hard to get right to begin with. It sadly comes packaged with another hard to get right route, the childhood friend.

Though you both did the Riru route and no one else will top that in this game. Though I personally thought Sonya and Ayaka were tied for second.