Favourite Game Series

You guys knew this was coming! XD

So what would be YOUR favourite game series out of all the series out there (On either Home consoles or handheld too) and why ^^?

I think for me it would have to be the .hack// series, everything about it just lured me in. I mean sure, the Anime's were quite bad (mainly because I had a seriously short attention span XD) But I'm glad I forced my self through .hack//SIGN and the other Anime adaptations too. Of course for me, the highlight of the franchise was the games (I absolutely LOVED the G.U. series and still play them to this day!)

Hmm, this is a tough one. The first one that comes to mind is Final Fantasy, though they have been going downhill quite a bit recently. FF4, FF6, and FF7 have a powerful hold on my heart, and it will take quite a bit to pry the series out of there. Even if the mmo grindfest Final Fantasy games are giving it a good go.

If I had to put a second, it would be the Harvest Moon series. Specifically Rune Factory. I really do love those games, and it's kinda funny when you think about it: they were my first foray into anything remotely galgame like.

Hmm, this is a tough one. The first one that comes to mind is Final Fantasy, though they have been going downhill quite a bit recently. FF4, FF6, and FF7 have a powerful hold on my heart, and it will take quite a bit to pry the series out of there. Even if the mmo grindfest Final Fantasy games are giving it a good go.

If I had to put a second, it would be the Harvest Moon series. Specifically Rune Factory. I really do love those games, and it's kinda funny when you think about it: they were my first foray into anything remotely galgame like.

Ohhh nice ^^ well yeah I get what you mean, I prefer turn based RPG's, but the new Final Fantasy's aren't to my liking much ^^; and oh cool =D I never got the hang of Harvest Moon games XD but I bet you had to spend a HUGE amount of dedication towards them right? I think the same can go for Rune Factory ^^? Yup I remember having a Harvest Moon game, on the PS2 I think? That was just brilliant to play XD

My absolute favorite is Touhou, mostly because it's been a huuuuuuuuge part of my life, and I love the characters.

My second favorite is Rune Factory/Harvest Moon -- somewhat due to the dating sim mechanics in the games, plus, they're just relaxing =.=

That's a pretty good choice XD I would have said that too, but I somehow managed to lose that flare for the Pokemon games and the series too DX (P.S. Pokemon Black & White 2 are going to be epic~) XD

I think for me it would have to be the .hack// series, everything about it just lured me in. I mean sure, the Anime's were quite bad (mainly because I had a seriously short attention span XD) But I'm glad I forced my self through .hack//SIGN and the other Anime adaptations too. Of course for me, the highlight of the franchise was the games (I absolutely LOVED the G.U. series and still play them to this day!)

And here I thought I was going to be the ONLY person bringing that series up. Not only that, but I agree the games are infinitely more preferable to the anime (the manga is better as well). I've replayed .hack//GU Rebirth six times, and dataflagged all of the way to the end of the three games thrice. The original IMOQ series I've only beaten completely twice, but I plan on replaying through all four in the future. Too bad .hack//Link never got a translation, but with any luck, we'll be able to play the fan translation; and with even more luck, the next new installment will get an official translation.

Aside from .hack, my other favorite game series is the Atelier series, including its spinoffs like Mana Khemia and the crossovers. I just can't get enough of Gust's awesome games with their 2D sprites! The Shin Megami Tensei series is quite good too.

And here I thought I was going to be the ONLY person bringing that series up. Not only that, but I agree the games are infinitely more preferable to the anime (the manga is better as well). I've replayed .hack//GU Rebirth six times, and dataflagged all of the way to the end of the three games thrice. The original IMOQ series I've only beaten completely twice, but I plan on replaying through all four in the future. Too bad .hack//Link never got a translation, but with any luck, we'll be able to play the fan translation; and with even more luck, the next new installment will get an official translation.

Aside from .hack, my other favorite game series is the Atelier series, including its spinoffs like Mana Khemia and the crossovers. I just can't get enough of Gust's awesome games with their 2D sprites! The Shin Megami Tensei series is quite good too.

Haha yaaay! I'm happy there are .hack fans here too XD and yup it sucks that .hack//LINK got left out like that, but I bet the new one that's being planned will satisfy all of us. Imagine an actual .hack MMO

Favourite game series? Would be for me the Total War series.

Creative Assembly makes awesome games since so many years that you have to love them.

Oh nice, I see you're into your strategy XD I don't think I could ever play those, I'll suck at them so badly XD

If we talk about RPG, then:

• Tales Series
  • Fina Fantasy Series
  • Breath of Fire Series
  • Mana Series
  • .hack Series
  • Shin Megami Tensei Series
  • Persona Series
  • Atelier Series
  • Mana Khemia Series

Well if RPG's are your thing, then go for it XD I'm talking about any game series from Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, .hack. Final Fantasy etc XD and Persona 4 was brilliant~ :3 I'd like to try out the others too ^^

Well I basically like and played every J-RPG in the market since the SNES came out. Only series I missed were Shadow Hearts because I quite didn't like their transformation and battle system.

Oh awesome ^^ did you get a chance to play the Digital Devil Saga games ^^? (From the Shin Megami Tensei seires) I loved them so much

If we talk about RPG, then:

• Tales Series
  • Fina Fantasy Series
  • Breath of Fire Series
  • Mana Series
  • .hack Series
  • Shin Megami Tensei Series
  • Persona Series
  • Atelier Series
  • Mana Khemia Series

Haven't played half of those, but I agree with the ones I have played. Particularly Tales and (Shin)Megami Tensei.

I also really love

Lunar

Harvest Moon

Valis

Megaman Legends

Silent Hill

Metroid

Valkyrie Profile

Well my favorite game series is Disciples - fantasy turn based strategy game, something like Heroes but a little more RPG oriented and... Way darker. I still remember the shock after finishing first several missions of Elves campaign in one of add-ons to Disciples 2. Other campaigns are almost equally dark and tempting. Later I checked out first one (it was cool too) and the newest but this one turned out to be "only" another good game. I didn't feel like it was part of the series.

My second favorite series is Darkstalkers. I simply fell in love with Baby Bonnie Hood (see avatar) from third game and tried other games of the series, they were awesome too. The worst part is that Capcom don't care about this game and it rots in the trashcan of game's history.

Well my favorite game series is Disciples - fantasy turn based strategy game, something like Heroes but a little more RPG oriented and... Way darker. I still remember the shock after finishing first several missions of Elves campaign in one of add-ons to Disciples 2. Other campaigns are almost equally dark and tempting. Later I checked out first one (it was cool too) and the newest but this one turned out to be "only" another good game. I didn't feel like it was part of the series.

Ohhh~ I definitely want to look into it, seems pretty good =D Thanks for bringing it up ^^ I hope with this thread, we can all share our favourite game series and give recommendations to others ^^ so I appreciate your post kolo! =D

Haven't played half of those, but I agree with the ones I have played. Particularly Tales and (Shin)Megami Tensei.

I also really love

Lunar

Harvest Moon

Valis

Megaman Legends

Silent Hill

Metroid

Valkyrie Profile

harvest moon series is a great game (currently playing tales of two town for walkthrough purpose). but i think rune factory series is better. :D