Favorite Classic Games

I did not see a thread for this one and I was wondering what sort of older games everyone was into back in the day.

Definition of Classic in this case would be anything before 2001.

My favorite's list is:

System shock

Final Fantasy 7+8

Silent Hill

Chrono Cross

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Battletoads

Spiderman-not sure about the rest of the game but the sidescroller were you could be venom as well and you had to fight carnage at some point and it was ridiculously hard.

Sonic The Hedgehog series-up to and including Sonic and Knuckles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-The one about traveling to different time periods

Pac Man

i double your System Shock and cover it with Doom , Strife , Duke Nukem 3D. Also Silent hill 1 , Resident evil 1 and 2 , Chrono Trigger , Mortal Kombat 2 (still play it on my PS3) , many point-and-click games from Sierra (King's quest , Quest for glory and Larry series) , Warcraft 1 and 2 , Dune and Dune 2 , Hexen , Ultima Underworld 1 , The Elder Scrolls : Daggerfall , and of course Minesweeper and Solitaire (lulz) , there are many many others but those are the ones i remember off the top of my head now.

Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy 6

Donkey Kong Country 2

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Lost Vikings

Secret of Mana & Seiken Densetsu 3

Super Mario World & Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island & Super Mario RPG

Quake 1 & 2

Doom 1 & 2

Heretic & Hexen games

Raptor - Call of the Shadows

Total Annihilation

Red Alert

Age of Empires 1 & 2

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2

Theme Hospital

Rollercoaster Tycoon

Warcraft 2

Commandos

Unreal & Unreal Tournament

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 & 3

Lords of Magic

Age of Wonders

Starcraft (+ Brood War)

Myth: The Fallen Lords & Myth 2: Soulblighter

Silver

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2

Diablo 1 & 2

Fallout 2

Sacrifice

Mechwarrior 4

Descent 1 & 2

Nox

Worms

Jazz Jackrabbit 1 & 2

One Must Fall 2097

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee & Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus

Carmageddon 2

Yes, that's a lot of games. But I'm sure there are some more that just haven't popped up in my mind yet.

Hum, all these games seem new generation to me.

My definition of classic games is a bit older.

I fondly remember the first Final Fantasy, playing in the upstairs den of my childhood home, spending hours grinding out levels that would bore me to death these days.

Even before that I remember playing on our old Tandy PC with such games like Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse Space Adventures.

One of the 'newer' games I remember playing back then was a racing battle game called Megarace.

Along the same era I played a bunch of dos based RPGs, like the original fallout, and the prequel called Wasteland.

I had this anthology, so played all those games, Castles was especially good, but the rock tune for the loading screen for wasteland stuck with me, and I remember it fondly yet today. (To the point that this video is from my own personal youtube account, uploaded nearly 2 years ago now, made with fraps and my own copy of the anthology)

Above that, even most SNES games seem like the newer generation, though I did quite enjoy games like Final Fantasy2(IV), Chrono Trigger, and the like. But by then I was well into high school and college, so to me they don't seem as classic as some of the others I've listed.

Pokemon Yellow

Pokemon Stadium 1&2

Super Mario 64

Donkey Kong 64

Kirby and the crystal shard (don't remember if it w2as like this,.. for the 64)

Kirby SuperStar for SNES

Super Mario World for SNES

Mortal Kombat for SNES

Godzilla for SNES

Star Wars for SNES

Jade Cocoon (For Playstation)

One of the Donkey kong countries series, I don't rmember which..

Mario Party 2

Funny of this is that I played most of this game when I was like.. 3-5 years old? I was pretty mucha gamer since born xD

Doom, Quake, System Shock (been meaning to play through the second one, got stuck on the first)...

There's a lot more but I actually never played Duke Nukem 3D until yesterday (it was free on GOG for a few days, downloaded it).

Descent is awesome, as is FreeSpace.

Megaman Zero 2~4

O man! the megaman zero series absorbed my life for awhile especially the second one, don't know how I forgot to list that one actually lol. It was so bad that I got to a point were I could beat the entire second game without taking a single hit. Now its been so long I don't think I could go 5 seconds without getting beat to death.

hmmm, let's see....

chrono trigger

Legend of Zelda: ocarina of time

Legend of Zelda: majora's mask

Super mario 64

age of empires 1

empire earth 1

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines / Beyond the Call of Duty

pokemon blue/red

rollercoaster tycoon

donkey kong country 1 & 2

lot's more which I'm forgetting right now;)

anything before 2001

Here are the games I played like a madman.

Age of Empires

The Settlers 2

Theme Park World

Monkey Island 1&2

Screamer

Need for Speed 2

Road Rash

Mario Party 1-3 (N64)

Pitfall

The good old Sonic Games

...and many more but I can't remember them anymore.

Pokemon Silver

Breath of fire 3/4

Chrono Trigger

Crash Bandicoot

Parasite Eve 2

Jackie Chan for the PSX

Final Fantasy Tactics

Half Life 1

Digimon 1/2 for the PSX

Tetris

Age of Empires 2

Worms armageddon

Thats all I can remember for now.

before 2001? okay:

Pokemon Yellow, Blue, Silver

Super Mario 64

Mario Party

Mario Kart

Sonic The HedgeHog

Gta 3 (barely makes it lol)

Mortal Kombat

Resident Evil 1,2

Spyro

Crash Bandicoot

metal slug

and probably more i cant think of right now

O man! the megaman zero series absorbed my life for awhile especially the second one, don't know how I forgot to list that one actually lol. It was so bad that I got to a point were I could beat the entire second game without taking a single hit. Now its been so long I don't think I could go 5 seconds without getting beat to death.

LOLz... I liked the 3rd the most... XD

speaking of 'forgot that one'.... Recently I played knights of the knightmare and was reminded of these games!

don't remind me... I still haven't played that one... T_T

Classic... Well, I'm not too old, so I don't know if my classic games is that classic. I try to narrow them down to the games that aren't mentioned before.

Nintendo games

Can't remember much games, I don't even had the Nintendo. Duck shooting is one of my memorable games. I still remember when I couldn't hit any, I tried to shoot the ducks from point-blank range...with no avail.

Gimbot (Game Watch). Only have one where we play as a warship, shooting down the approaching fighter aircraft. I think I still have it, just don't remember where I put it. One of my achievement as a gamer, reached the 999 points and then the score was reset to 000.

Don't know the title

IIRC, we play as a cat searching for food in the trash can. There's also a dog which patrols around the trash can and we get game over if he got us. One of the first game I play in the computer. Well, when I played that game it's even the first time I saw a computer.

Cobra Mission

Watched my big brother playing it. I don't remember my age at that time, 9 or 10 maybe. With my brother is around high school. The unforgettable part is, when I asked my brother what kind of game it is, my brother answered, "detective game". He only showed me the battle scene, so I believed his answer.... It's when I was at mid-school that I know the truth.... And played the game. :p

Again, don't know the title

A tactic RPG, my first even. The party consists of... an elf archer, a woman priest, a swordsman (the main character), a swordswoman, and maybe more. I don't know, I didn't finish the game. I just remember that when our protagonist met the swordswoman for the first time, we fought her on a 1v1 duel. And then, all the MC's attacks will missed, then he'll lose the duel. When I thought I will get game over, the game continued. The lost duel is part of the story.... Had a little heart attack.

Premier Manager

Like CM, but...easier and we can only play English football clubs, hence the name. One of the games that "teach" me English as an elementary student.

"Tie-Fighter" and "X-Wing"

Plane simulator things. We are a pilot of the Rebel or the Empire. One of the scenes I remember is if we are on the Rebel's side, our Wing is shot down, we have two chances. First, friendly shuttle saves us. Second, enemy's shuttle "saves" us. If it's the second, we will be interrogated by Darth Vader himself! Not with the help of Force, but with torture devices.

Bomberman, The Blues Brothers, Pacman, Prince of Persia and.... a lot of games that I can't remember the title.... Bad with names. Not only human names....

Many games that I don't play, usually I just watch my brother or my friend played. Like... Flashback? Magic Carpet? (the first time see a 3D PC game. All I can remember is.... It's all red), Street Fighter 2, etc.