What is the saddest anime you have watched?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceres, Tsuiokuhen, Chrono Crusade, and Chobits.There's one more but I can't fucking remember the title. All four make me a bit sad, just a tiny bit but not enough to make tears coming out. Hah.

Okay, I lied. I cried a bit at the end of Tsuiokuhen. Tomoe..... ;_;

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Sorry definitively do not have one I find the saddest, like with novels their are multiple and I watched some many years ago so not giving them credit to them rather than newer anime would seem unfair.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. - MyAnimeList.net.

Hotaru no Haka - MyAnimeList.net

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - MyAnimeList.net

Neon Genesis Evangelion - MyAnimeList.net

Seems like that will do.....that will do......

Edited by battlerrules
My Engrish is OP

You would put Evangelion as one the saddest Battler o.O?

I wasn't planning on posting here since I don't usually look for sad stuff and can't think of much but since I came here anyway, I'll copy Ivan and go with Grave of the fireflies

Edited by Stàr
You would put Evangelion as one the saddest Battler o.O?

I wasn't planning on posting here since I don't usually look for sad stuff and can't think of much but since I came here anyway, I'll copy Ivan and go with Grave of the fireflies

WOW NEED TO TYPE THIS OR IF YOU GO ON SOMEONE'S PROFILE YOU WILL READ MY SPOILER WHY WOULD IT NOT JUST HIDE THE SPOILER I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[spoiler=Evangelion] Well lets see. Shinji's mom dies. His Dad abandon's him and then uses him because he can get a high sinc ratio with Unit 1. Shinji has a problem with human intimacy. Rei is a clone of his mom and is just used and replicated. Asuka's mom was crazy, killed herself and her father was having sex in the hospital room next to her mother's. They feel pain when being attacked. They literally carry the fate of the world because if any Angel gets to Adam it will cause the third impact, though getting to Adam is quite hard. Shinji almost kills Toji and Asuka when Bardiel takes over their respective EVA's. Shinji kills Tabris, one of his very few friends with his own hands because he believes (and Tabris tells him) that if he is not killed he will cause the 3rd Impact. Rei kills herself in front of him to save his life (though she does come back Shinji and the viewers did not know that). Many other characters such as Misato and Kaiji just to name a few also have many other problems but I hope you understand why I feel EVA is sad. These is just a few of the things.

Edited by battlerrules

Yes, I know sad things happen in Eva, after I posted I reflected on most of those things you mentioned but the way they were revealed, for me at least, made sadness take a back seat to other emotions, if that makes sense...Also like I told you not so long ago been quite the while since I last saw the whole TV series

Edited by Stàr
The series ending to Eva was uplifting imo, but The End of Evangelion wasn't exactly sad.

WOW NEED TO TYPE THIS OR IF YOU GO ON SOMEONE'S PROFILE YOU WILL READ MY SPOILER WHY WOULD IT NOT JUST HIDE THE SPOILER I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion

[spoiler=Evangelion Series] Pretty sure everyone in the world turning into LCL and living in magicial dream land where no one can hurt each other isnt very uplifting to me. I understand that Shinji does learn while he goes through human instrumentality but that is like someone blowing up Earth so that no one can hurt each other anymore. (Though in Evangelion their is a much bigger threat to their society and they still have part of the conscious.)

[spoiler=End of Evangelion] Everyone in the world turning into LCL again besides Shinji who chooses to only keep himself and Asuka alive isn't super sad since that is the world he wanted. Misato dying was really sad. Also when we find out about Gendo and Ritsuko pretty sad ESP when Magi the system she created didnt let her self destruct.

But to each their own I suppose. I

Edited by battlerrules

fate stay night, the saber ending is the saddest thing i have ever watched. I watched it in 2006(at that time, i only watched very few anime, and did not know about the existence of vn), and it had serious emotional impact at that time. I still remember how i felt at that time.....sigh

clannad after story, very emotional and something i can relate with

tie between Clannad, Air, Code Geass

HMMM...

glad to see someone have some sense...

code geass ? really?

i didnt find anything in it that would make me feel sad

MAJI-DE??

did you even watched the whole series??

if so..on the last episode of 2nd rebellion...

thats all enough for you to shed a tear

as long you have emotions///

Evangelion and Code Geass ??? Next is Naruto LOL?

More seriously the saddest one I watched would be KGNE (could have been saikano but I was too afraid to watch it).

serious??

EVA and CODE GEASS have touching moments..

unless you cant feel it at all~~

ULTI!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU???? I NEED YOUR SHITSTORM POWERS!

haha, on a serious note: how do hell can you not even find this (I take it you watched it till the end): code geass ending sad? you're entitled to your own opinion of course but still....

RM...im here

meh..i cant believe what i just read either >.>

that scene were one of the touching moments in life~~

and KANON will be epic if the did Mai's route >.>

Edited by ultimecea

More seriously the saddest one I watched would be KGNE (could have been saikano but I was too afraid to watch it).

Wait, what? Seriously? This anime make you guys feel sad? :eek:

Come on, this isn't that sad. Sure, its a bit gloom but it wasn't to the point of making you feel really sad. KGNE one of the saddest anime, are you kidding me? Unless you guys can shed a tears at the slightest melancholic dorama moment, this doesn't even make any sense. Most of the titles in this thread.... -.-" *sighed*

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf