Visual Novels Translation Status [04/21/2013]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*4/21/13 - It would take too long to release the game officially, so we've decided to simply release the patch as a fan translation. We have just a few bits left to finalize; with any luck, it should be out today. My apologies for the delay.

And how long did it take for Moogy to realize this, pray tell?

Well, no complaints here. In the end it's us who enjoy reading VNs who win.

Too bad for JAST/Nitro+ though, this will definitely dent any prospective sales if they do decide to officially localize the title.

Can't find a Dra+KoI download anywhere (in anticipation). Instead have to get an FD called Sabato Nabe.

Yeah, you'd better dl the whole FD because it has quite funny Nitro Wars horizontal shooter (I've finished it some time ago) :3

I'm having a hard time looking for a Sabato Nabe download (due to lack of seeders), even on Nyaa. When do you think Ivan can put it up? (or just the Dra+KoI).

You should be able to grab it from here NyaaTorrents >> Nitro+ Game Pack

You'll have to specify with your torrent client to only download [060203], otherwise you'd be getting the entire collection. Haven't tested to see if it works, but it shouldn't be a problem.

You should be able to grab it from here NyaaTorrents >> Nitro+ Game Pack

You'll have to specify with your torrent client to only download [060203], otherwise you'd be getting the entire collection. Haven't tested to see if it works, but it shouldn't be a problem.

its working though..

was bout to comment when desi came ine..

it got 27 active seeders at my side

2 questions.

first in Ore no Imouto ga konnani Kawai wake ga nai ----- I know that this game is for psp, so does that mean when the translation is out does that mean it can only be played in psp?

second is Bokuwa tomodachi ga Sukunai ----- This one is psp game only too. well the question is the same with Oreimo, but what do you mean by youtube based translation???

2 questions.

first in Ore no Imouto ga konnani Kawai wake ga nai ----- I know that this game is for psp, so does that mean when the translation is out does that mean it can only be played in psp?

second is Bokuwa tomodachi ga Sukunai ----- This one is psp game only too. well the question is the same with Oreimo, but what do you mean by youtube based translation???

Youtube based means they translator uses the "Closed Captions" option on youtube to add english subtitles to the video.

Like this:

But common route and kuroneko route are available if you have the PSP game Oreimo PSP Tsuzuku Disc 1 : Kuroneko Route Patch Release » Rinjinbu Translations

There's a good chance that it's d2b VS DEARDROPS -Cross the Future-

So you may or may not like that.

Notwithstanding my general dislike of all-ages titles (chaste romance turns me off), if this be true, I'd be very excited. I loved Deardrops, and considerably fancied Kira Kira (well, except the angst in Kira's route). I yearn for more of both titles, especially Deardrops.

This was the only good thing in Kira Kira IMO :rolleyes:

Good for you. Personally I tend to have very little patience or appreciation for horror and angst as dominant themes of fiction, in all likelihood because my optimistic, cheerful, and fearless personality traits leave me very little ground to emphatize with them. They bore me to tears or annoy me to ragequit. Comedy, heroic action-adventure, fantasy wonder, cheerful slice-of-life, and optimistic personal growth stories resonate much better with my tastes and personality.

I also struggle to remember a serious loss in my life I could not bounce back from in a few weeks to months at most, so I'm instinctively driven to regard characters that let such a loss ruin their lives (unless something beyond one's self-control, such as medical depression, joins the picture), such the MC in Kira's route, as pathetic losers. And I don't really enjoy playing pathetic losers. This is also a problem I have when the VN makes the MC too much of a wuss, doormat, or coward.

Edited by Wanderer