New VN localization company: MoeNovel

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>From our experience we understood that if we had the erotic content in the game we would be completely unable to deliver it to a wide and distant audience.

>we want 12 year old French girls who like anime to know about it as well, and make it so that there is no problem appealing it to these girls.

What experience is he talking about? That aside, selling a all-ages title that originally has sexual content like Konosora would just cause bad impression He wants to market it as something that is suitable for underage, but just a quick search of the title may show you the 18+ stuff in all of its glory.

But because we cut the erotic content and replaced it with new content, parts of the novel were no longer consistent and so we had to fix and revise all of it. Of course we recorded new voices for those parts and made a higher degree of perfection for the visual novel.

This is just horrible. And the fact that he acknowledged it is even worse. Oh well. It isn't like we will hear anything about them anymore soon™, gahahaha! xD

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Fujisan

Firstly, we need to try to expand the knowledge of its existence.

For example, we want 12 year old French girls who like anime to know about it as well, and make it so that there is no problem appealing it to these girls. Thus we will need to make it easy for such girls to tell their friends who also like the same type of anime.

555+ To appealing to the little girls?? Seriously now, This VN is created for MALE demographic is it not?

Fujisan you did have your grand vision but we will see who is your actual customers gona be?

Well at least you said you wont give up the idea of bringing VN to the west which is good in a sense, if you wont try this sort of stunt the next time...

And now comes the kicker: Moenovel's Japanese lineup

All of them 18+, romance oriented and full of sexual themes. In other words: completely unfit for mainstream western releases. That propably won't stop them, though. I fear that there are a lot of idiots willing to buy it, either because they don't know or don't care about the heavy censorship. We must be strong now and fight together against those art defilers.

Again, I still don't understand why they don't just have an all ages and an 18+ version. Yeah, they might loose a bit of kudos with some of the western market, but it's a lot less stupid than changing the bloody VN. I mean the guy sounds like he is nice and all, but he is completely naïve if he thinks the current VN community is going to like the story being fiddled with. All age titles are fine when they are made to be all ages, or where censoring is kept to the absolute minimum. When you try to appeal to everyone, you appeal to no one.

fuck MoeNovel.

simple as that.

^^

That's actually a fair summary, at the moment. I suppose we'll have to see how it plays out. It will really suck if the translation quality turns out to be good, because then it's like a complete waste of a company...

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod

I don't get the public outcry about it. They aren't changing anything in the story that matters, just taking out sex/ecchi and removing any reference to it in the story. If they got rid of romance (not that kind you pervs) altogether, that would be altering the story, and I don't think theyre doing that. I always just skip passed the H scenes anyways, so no big loss for me.

They aren't changing anything in the story that matters.

YES THEY ARE. LEARN TO READ.

I always just skip passed the H scenes anyways, so no big loss for me.

AS I SAID ABOVE, LEARN TO READ.

They are cutting out a lot more than just the h-scenes. Based on what they said they were removing, at least one entire route will be completely butchered.

I don't get the public outcry about it.

Most people aren't that upset about no h-scenes. They are upset about half the game being removed/changed.

I don't get the public outcry about it.

1. Because it's blatant censorship.

2. I heard one of the route general plot is about developing from being sexfriend into actual romantic couple, so this is pretty much changed.

3. I'm not surprised that you failed to get it. :eek:

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
YES THEY ARE. LEARN TO READ.

AS I SAID ABOVE, LEARN TO READ.

They are cutting out a lot more than just the h-scenes. Based on what they said they were removing, at least one entire route will be completely butchered.

Most people aren't that upset about no h-scenes. They are upset about half the game being removed/changed.

I was told to move to this thread, so I didn't really read most of it. Thank you for the clarification of why people are outraged. I thought it was silly for people to be so furious over just some sexual innuendos, jokes, and H/ecchi scenes.

Edited by Ivan
removed flaming
Just an optional patch that will restore the game to its original form is all I wish for.

Hehe. You're dreaming, my friend...

Fujisan

Firstly, we need to try to expand the knowledge of its existence.

For example, we want 12 year old French girls who like anime to know about it as well, and make it so that there is no problem appealing it to these girls. Thus we will need to make it easy for such girls to tell their friends who also like the same type of anime.

This statement is just...ridiculous. How can they even think such nonsense. Seriously, I am speechless.

I will probably purchase the game anyway. But damn. Fuck Moenovel's attitude and his ethical thinkings. If they are planning to bring the Eroge market abroad in this way, they are dead wrong.

Yes, they have: https://www.facebook.com/Moenovel?ref=ts&fref=ts

I was told to move to this thread, so I didn't really read most of it. Thank you for the clarification of why people are outraged. I thought it was silly for people to be so furious over just some sexual innuendos, jokes, and H/ecchi scenes.

Unfortunately, we are not talking about sexual innuendo or sex jokes. The scripts are changed, the scenario is different.

Does anyone else find it odd that Moenovel's facebook page has gotten 15,000 likes in the past 10 days or so? They had very few before that point.

If that 16,000 likes translates to 16,000 sales, that should blow sales of any eroge to date out of the water. MoeNovel (and other Japanese eroge companies) could very well come out of this with the message that censorship = more sales.

very few likes, then suddenly 15000 right before a release? they probably did it as advertisement or something, like how microsoft pays people to praise its products on twitter and stuff.

Does anyone else find it odd that Moenovel's facebook page has gotten 15,000 likes in the past 10 days or so? They had very few before that point.

they must be stupid or something w/e like others here have said i hope this blows up in their face