"Clear all of the routes!" or "just passing through"?

This is my first thread here so I hope it goes without trouble:p

When I get into a VN or eroge I tend to promise to clear all the routes, unlock all the CGs, scenes, music and extras, sometimes I do it, sometimes I just clear the routs but not all the unlockables and, mostly when I find another game, I just sweep through the routes that I like an leave the rest for later.

So, what's your philosophy on eroges?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear all routes. 100% game completion freak.

@Olaf : Did you apply that theory to the Fallout games? Then you sir deserve a medal, I gave up after putting in 80 hours into Fallout new vegas and all its DLC's.

Anyways back on topic, I was originally a completionist but over time got flooded by the amount of titles and become a pragmatist. I target the main heroine/true end and if i like the game do the rest otherwise drop it and move on.

@Olaf : Did you apply that theory to the Fallout games? Then you sir deserve a medal, I gave up after putting in 80 hours into Fallout new vegas and all its DLC's.

Anyways back on topic, I was originally a completionist but over time got flooded by the amount of titles and become a pragmatist. I target the main heroine/true end and if i like the game do the rest otherwise drop it and move on.

Fallout NV DLC... tiresome but i have to say: my love for Fallout REALLY helped in this case.

I agree so many eroge to DL and play... well i change between them sometimes, this works wonders for me.

Still have Yamamoto Isoroku route on 5star game to complete anyway.

Switching between VN's naturally leads to the problem of me leaving them behind.

List of unfinished VN's:

Ef - a fairytale of the two

My girlfriend is the president

Canvas 2

Sharin no Kuni fan disc

Katawa Shoujo

Quartett!

Crescendo

Discipline: record of a crusade

Bible black (never reading that again)

One day I'll clear out my backlog :)

I only play the routes which I'm interested in. If I can't stand the heroine then I won't play her route.

I don't see the sense in reading stuff I don't like just for getting 100%.

Call it blasphemy but even if I only played one route the game is still finished for me.

I would try to finish the game without any guide or anything for the first time

The answer I gave came from "What I would said if I am in the situation"

after that with success or not I might look for a Faq

Did I have to clear all the character routes?

no quite If they are interesting than I would try to, If not I will just get my most favourite one and moved to another VN

still I might come back for other route, sometime later

I'd like to do 100%, but after going through one route (usually the girl I like the most, though I'll also do the main heroine if it's a different person) I know most of the story, and I find it annoying knowing things the characters haven't found out yet, and I'm not really the type to skip through everything to the CGs, since I do like to know the little bits of story that are different. There are a few eroges that I do play 100% through though, or close enough, if they have a good replayable story.

Same as erogeking..

I only play through the routes I like, and don't play through the ones I'm not interested in.

It also tends to make me sad, that when I just finished the route I've been wanting to read, since I got the game, and then start a new one.

'cause if it was great, the great story I just read practically never happened if I read another route now... Call me weird -__-