What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

I just tried Homeward, an OELVN that came out recently. It was actually surprisingly good. Not too ground breaking or emotional, but not too cliched either. Characters were well fleshed out through interactions with each other. Surprisingly the game as a whole ended up being less overblown version of School Days. It might be because I entered into it with zero expectations, but I like it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are Riku, the son of a diplomat who has relocated from Japan several times, most recently living in the United States. His estranged mother's recent unexpected illness forces Riku and his father to move back to Japan to care for a younger sister he does not remember, and finish his high school education in the town where he met his first friend as a small child. As high school students together, you, she, your sister and the class rep make fast friends and have adventures together through the year in this slice of life eroge.

No, I'm not riku, I'm OneManArmy! Well doesn't sound that interesting but I may give it a try; someday this is.

Edelweiss - the routes were absolutely awesome, theres a ton of great interaction with the heroines even before entering a route. I completed all routes and most of them were tragic and touching but definitely ended with positive endings, just awesome.

• 2 months later...

I finished Clannad today, it's the best VNs I've played so far. Some of the routes were not insanely epic, but the After Story made up for that. Some scenes in the After Story...holy shit. Some tissues were used (and I don't mean for fapping : D). Not gonna go into more details, don't want to spoil it for some people. For those who haven't played it - go play it, you'll love every second of it. Waiting for Tomoyo After now :>

Finished the Sharin no Kuni fan disc just recently. The original game was fantastic, very unique with some great twists. And the back story on Houzuki was pretty awesome on the fan disc, although the epilogues for each of the heroines got pretty boring pretty quickly for me. I had to force myself through all four of them, being the perfectionist I am. Sometimes I wish I was OK with just skipping stuff like that, would save me a lot of time.

I also finished Clannad a few days ago (excluding the fun stuff and bad end). Most of the routes were good... some were meh like Yukine and Kappei, but they were side characters. The After story is what made the whole thing however. The music is just orgasmic and the emotions experienced throughout the whole VN makes this one to play for sure. My favorite song The Places Where Wishes Come True II. Epicness starts at :53.

I also finished Clannad a few days ago (excluding the fun stuff and bad end). Most of the routes were good... some were meh like Yukine and Kappei, but they were side characters. The After story is what made the whole thing however. The music is just orgasmic and the emotions experienced throughout the whole VN makes this one to play for sure. My favorite song The Places Where Wishes Come True II. Epicness starts at :53.

When I played kappei route, I was like " oh god, please, not yaoi. Not in this VN. Lol.

Hitomi route is the best, it makes me cry, which is very rare

Just finished Zanmataisei Demonbane. I could use a Kishin Hishou Demonbane translation!!!

Loved Ruri "Hime-san" Hadou's route, with the big, I mean BIG WTF ending. But Al being a loli tsundere is fun too. And Leica is just pure badassery, although I hate tentacles. Just wish there was an Elsa or Ennea/Nero route.

Just finished Zanmataisei Demonbane. I could use a Kishin Hishou Demonbane translation!!!

Loved Ruri "Hime-san" Hadou's route, with the big, I mean BIG WTF ending. But Al being a loli tsundere is fun too. And Leica is just pure badassery, although I hate tentacles. Just wish there was an Elsa or Ennea/Nero route.

I second that, though I prefer Al azif over the other heroines.

Demonbane

Didn't like the game at all. It was boring and there were way too many boob/panty-shots. But yeah, azif was definitely the best heroine there, I also liked that other loli girl though...etheldrade or something. Too bad that she hadn't a route.

The last Visual Novel I finished was Suika. It was overall just decent. All in all 6,1/10 faps. I have nothing more to say.

If you are interested in mysterious stories then you may like it. I wouldn't recommend this game though.

Lol i remember suika, it was one of my 10 first visual novels that i read. Story was heavy as shit, you really had to pay attention to what was happening or you wouldn't know what the fuck was goin on.

Just finished Yayoi's route on Deardrops. It was very lacking. I shouldn't have started with Riho's i suppose. At least Kanade had a story.(Kind of weird but ok)

And no way i'll play Rimu's route. I expect it to be even worse than Yayoi.

Demonbane: A pathetic main char that i liked even though the game was lacking in a lot of places. The H-scenes were so farfetch'd i almost cried.

I like the jelly pet, "Dunsan" or something, though. The story was an utter nonsense. The "princess" route had a gross twist in the end.

Soul link: Barely passable. I enjoyed the beginning, rest was meh. The villain was obvious even though i didn't see the whole "plot" coming.

Last VN I actually finished was Utawarerumono, and I have to say it was the best VN ive ever played. The story was top notch, the characters where great, and the H-Scenes wherent very fappable (which isnt a bad thing). I am now working on Analogue: A Hate Story mainly but im also playing a few others.

I havent finished anything lately...ANYTHING. Most recent was DDrops =/ and i probably only finished it because i loved it. I like a lot of VN's i've played but damn, i just dont have that commitment to finish them =/

Soul Link

It was pretty confusing IMO some of the story made sense but when it got near the end I didn't understand it too well

Second half of the game was crap. I mean seriously, who do they have to switch the protagonist? I don't wanna play as that stupid wimp. =\

Muv-Luv Extra + Unlimited. Watch out for potential spoilers.

First of all, I really don't know why this game isn't rated higher than it is currently on VNDB. Sure, 7-8 is a good number... But I'd give it a 9 or a 10 for sure. There was nothing majorly bad about the game in my eyes. Just a whole bunch of positives. Well... I suppose the side routes weren't that amazing. Maybe it doesn't deserve a 9 or a 10 because of that alone.

Still, I have to say that the game reeks of quality overall.

• The art is unique and perfect. It has its own style and it works very well. Also, the game has these nice effects, such as character shaking. They're a nice bonus.
  • The music is fantastic, especially the "main theme tune" that appears in some of the songs. It's memorable. All the sound settings that you can change are a nice feature aswell, haven't seen that kind of stuff in any other VN.
  • The characters are also memorable. They look good, their personalities are distinct and personally I didn't find any of them annoying. All the voice acting for them was perfect aswell, really nicely done. As a side note, Yuuko is my favourite character so far. She's a very good character, really.
  • Dialogue... I think this might be the best part about the game, or the second best atleast. The conversations between the characters are meaningful when they want to be, funny when they want to be, sad when they want to be. They're really, REALLY good. The dialogue grabs you in this game and doesn't let go.

Now, the most important part one needs to adress with this game. The plot, the story...

At first, in Extra, it didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary. Sure the characters, art, music and all of that was good from the very beginning, yes. But the plot? There was none, more or less. Day to day business. School life, the usual. Which was still good, I might add. Oh yes, it was good, I enjoyed myself from the start. It was mostly comedy though... with some drama and backstory mixed in here and there. That was pretty much what Extra was in a nutshell. I make it sound simple, which it was, but I was still very impressed and happy about the game at this point. It was great.

So... Then you move on to Unlimited. Now, I knew beforehand that there would be something more than just school life comedy to Muv-Luv. I knew that, but I didn't know exactly what, which obviously made it more exciting.

It is at this point, the beginning of Unlimited, that my mind and interest was ignited. Because it is at this point that one realizes, there's something more to this. Something is wrong. A mystery, something you can't explain... atleast not yet. Personally, I absolutely adore this kind of stuff, it's just fantastic. It makes me so much more invested and interested in the story in general.

Suffice it to say, the tone of the game has changed completely in Unlimited. It's something else, something even better for sure. War, the end of the world, aliens, robots, the human spirit, SCIENCE. Oh yes, science. Alot of science. I love it.

The dialogue is now even better, because there are alot of things to discuss in a world like this. The characters are just as good, or better, than in Extra. Yuuko really is an impressive character at this point, really nice job on her design. Seriously, I can't be the only one here who's impressed by her.

And I'll stop there. Amazing game, I give it a 9. 10 if the side routes were abit better.

I'm gonna start Alternative today, right now. Because to be honest with you, there are aloooot of questions that needs answering. We'll see where this story goes.

If you loved the dialogue in Extra + Unlimited, just wait until you play Alternative. It's really in a whole different league... especially the science elements that you were referring to. You're definitely in for a nice treat.

Not gonna lie, The first and last Eroge which I actually fully finished was Hoshimemo, Call me bad but my Interest in VN's wavers after 1 or 2 routes unless there's a specific route which I wanted to play, I mean hell, I downloaded School Days the day after it was set up to torrent and shiz, And I've not even finished 1 route of it yet >_>