What You Hate The Most In Eroge

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, sucks to be you. On the other hand, I tend to prefer side heroines, or whatever you call it, these days too...

there is a VN side character that I really wanted to have a route...

Satsuki Yumizuka (Tsukihime)

I wish they make one... T_T

The way things escalate too quickly, mainly showing lack in some VNs' story lines. Can be, as OneManArmy said, Hentai-related or just the characters' actions in need for more explanations (Means there are some VNs that are essentially Hentai-based and thus they ignore the story development).

What i dislike the most, is a bad plot.

Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against light plots as the plot in kamidori, i actually liked it alot.

What i mean for example, i really disliked Swan Song due to the fact it was made to be a deep plot, yet they never really expanded the background story and what actually happen with all of the main characters.

What i mean for example, i really disliked Swan Song due to the fact it was made to be a deep plot, yet they never really expanded the background story and what actually happen with all of the main characters.

I liked the story and setting of swan song, especially the awesome character development of that guy with glasses, but whatever.

Edited by OneManArmy
What i dislike the most, is a bad plot.

Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against light plots as the plot in kamidori, i actually liked it alot.

I disliked Swan Song too (only a bit though) for pretty similar reasons, though I'd put like this: I found it pretentious but not managed in the best way.

The plot itself is great -we are talking about Lord of the Flies after all-, the problem lies in the writing; dunno how much the passage japanese -> english is responsible (though I've been told that the translation is pretty bad) but basically I've found it quite prolix, pointless wot are pointless.

• 2 months later...

What I hate most in Eroge appear in rewrite.

[spoiler=common route]That moment when all normal,weak-looking girls become strong fighters and kotarou who is supposed to be awesome becomes a weakling who can't even understand the girls' action.That scene is really frustrating.GRRRRR~~~~~.I hope kotarou will be awesome later

But even though that flow,rewrite is still a good VN so don't get me wrong.

What I hate most in Eroge appear in rewrite.

[spoiler=common route]That moment when all normal,weak-looking girls become strong fighters and kotarou who is supposed to be awesome becomes a weakling who can't even understand the girls' action.That scene is really frustrating.GRRRRR~~~~~.I hope kotarou will be awesome later

But even though that flow,rewrite is still a good VN so don't get me wrong.

when i reading VN i throw all of logic and sense away and became brainless, coz i think the only way to enjoy it is like "just go with the flow"

Good choice for revival, battler. (this thread)

Here's mine:

A plain and boring story with nothing special to it. If it makes you sleepy, then you know something is up. The pacing could be wrong, or it's just uninteresting in general. It needs to have something good to it. But hey, we all read VNs/eroges for different reasons. I read it for the storytelling primarily, so this is obviously the biggest problem for me.